U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times

Advertisements

sweden
"Yes, the irony. I am the young teenager who knows nothing and needs to grow up, yet I am the only one here it seems who actually uses arguments and has a case. No one here seems to have a case based on anything other than hate and hearsay. If this had been a court trial... Just think about it."
your word...not mine.
what IS your case?
if you think americans are so racist, why would you even want to immigrate here?

youre coming here could seem suspicous to some, if you depise america so much and think we are so uneducated.
what are we below you? or maybe is that what you think we think about immigrants and illegal immigrants?

i havent heard a soul say that we americans hate immigrants, i have only heard them say the are against illegal immigration.
i heard sweden is a very nice country...anyone would love to go to sweden....
me included.

but i dont think you are getting the point...

yes...illegal is illegal as you say it...you get it...but you dont get it at all.

until you come to my country, renounce your swedish citizenship and vow your loyalty to america,(no...you dont have to forget it, or lose your culture in doing so...you are human...and i respect you for your differences.)

i would ask you reconsider calling everyone on this board that doesnt agree with you a racist.....this is not a racial issue....and until you are here, and you are hurt like my family was hurt by an illegal, you cannot speak as if you know.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Center for Immigration Studies

Mexican Use of Means-Tested Programs Remains High Even After Welfare Reform. Figure 12 reports use of means-tested programs for households headed by natives, all immigrants, and Mexican immigrants. Despite welfare reform and a strong economy in the latter half of the 1990s, the figure shows that immigrants in general and Mexican households in particular use every major means-tested program at higher rates than natives. While use of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by Mexican households is only slightly higher than that of natives, their use of TANF/general assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and the subsidized school lunch program is dramatically higher than households headed by natives. All of these programs are very large in size. In 1999, more than $300 billion was spent on the means-tested programs listed in Figure 12. Even the school lunch program, the smallest of the programs listed in the figure, costs more than $5 billion annually.

Real facts - real data. It is logical for Americans to say enough is enough!
Thats great man, but overall racially, white people are using all the welfare money. Anyway, I think Welfare should be completely taken out and should be provided to AMERICANS only in extreme situations where there is no father and the mother has two or more children to raise on her own. As well as healthcare, everyone should pay for their own healthcare. Fair is fair right?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Thats great man, but overall racially, white people are using all the welfare money. Anyway, I think Welfare should be completely taken out and should be provided to AMERICANS only in extreme situations where there is no father and the mother has two or more children to raise on her own. As well as healthcare, everyone should pay for their own healthcare. Fair is fair right?
All right. you see the facts as you want to see them instead of the facts that are before your eyes. I'll debate you when you have been out there in the real world for a few years.

Last edited by citigirl; 10-09-2007 at 12:06 AM..

Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
sweden...."I agree I can have been seen as arrogant if you do the same. The rest of the world is sick of the arrogant Americans coming to our countries deciding what is right or wrong. Look at the Arab world. Look at your allies. Look at the people demonstrating on the street of European countries. Talk to people from outside the US.
This IS how we feel, because we feel we are looked down on by you. We feel like this, you cannot disagree with that. WE feel like this. And that you cannot say anything about, because you are not us. "

i see what you are saying in part...but when an issue this critical is at hand, do you really expect the people facing the crisis to hear the opinions of a foreigner?
maybe in essence, i understand...but in principal, i cannot.
my family has always been very patriotic...many serving this great nation...for other countries freedom...not for america's freedom.
we are the peacekeepers of the world.
my uncle jim fought in the korean conflict and is a purple heart recipient, my husband was a u.s. marine...no i take that back, once a marine, always a marine..semper fi!!!!!!!
my father was a chief petty officer in the navy, my husbands grandfather a ww2 hero, my uncle don, a full bird col in the u.s army, two of my nephews have served in iraq, one still in country...my brother watched helplessly as his brothers in arms died before his eyes in the u.s. marine corps barracks bombing in beiruit in 1983,more than i can count but all i am soooo proud of for giving each one of you the freedom to disagree with me whenever you want...and god for giving me the patience to know that it's ok if you disagree.
just remember the thread may have been about peopple not respecting the immigrant, but the people have spoken and what i see here, is, that it isnt about the "immigrant" it is about the "illegal immigrant".
thats the bottom line.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 AM

18,093 posts, read 20,058,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
That is a pretty strong statement. Are you claiming they have a legal right to have their symbols be placed where others have been removed? If so, can you provide some examples?
citigirl gave you several is that OK?

Here is one happening in our local school system. A spanish speaking student does not know English so our school system has to pay a bilingual aide to stay with this student everyday all day long. Because of this that aide has been removed from a learning lab that helps 50 different students daily that need a little extra help with their work. They receive the same pay for the same hours of work but are only helping one student instead of 50 daily. The other aide in the learning lab has had to cut back to 30 students coming in daily instead of the 50 the 2 aides helped. Is that a fair "draw" on our resources?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,286,531 times
To clarify my intent with all my posts on this thread:

I have lumped together all Americans.
That is wrong.
You have lumped together all immigrants.
That is wrong.

I don't know how to make it any clearer. I tried, and managed, to lump ALL Americans together and get the respons that that was totally impossible.
Yes, I agree.
I have not met ALL Americans, so therefore I can only talk about those I have met.
Those I have met have been like what I have described.
According to personal encounters, etc, that is what Americans are like.

You have lumped all immigrants together.
You have not met ALL immigrants, so therefore you can only talk about those you have met.
Those you have met have been like what you have described.
According to personal encounters, etc, that is what immigrants are like.

See the resemblances? See the unfair differences?

There is no way for me to clarify my intent and opinion and what the OP was saying any better now. If this does not get through, then I am afraid nothing will. Please read what I have written. I don't expect you to agree, but please, atleast THINK about it.

Thank you.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:58 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
To clarify my intent with all my posts on this thread:

I have lumped together all Americans.
That is wrong.
You have lumped together all immigrants.
That is wrong.

I don't know how to make it any clearer. I tried, and managed, to lump ALL Americans together and get the respons that that was totally impossible.
Yes, I agree.
I have not met ALL Americans, so therefore I can only talk about those I have met.
Those I have met have been like what I have described.
According to personal encounters, etc, that is what Americans are like.

You have lumped all immigrants together.
You have not met ALL immigrants, so therefore you can only talk about those you have met.
Those you have met have been like what you have described.
According to personal encounters, etc, that is what immigrants are like.

See the resemblances? See the unfair differences?

There is no way for me to clarify my intent and opinion and what the OP was saying any better now. If this does not get through, then I am afraid nothing will. Please read what I have written. I don't expect you to agree, but please, atleast THINK about it.

Thank you.

I think you should go through this thread and see that it is you who have lumped all immigrants together. Even after you have accused people of lumping them together they make a point to clearly separate legal immigrant from illegal immigrants and you do not acknowledge it and keep right on with the same program. Do you really think when someone says immigrants they are referring to every single one or do you expect a specific list which would take more room then these threads could handle?

It is unfortunate that the only Americans you have met are like you describe. Where are you hanging out and with what kind of people are you associated with? That might be a clue. You seem to have some ulterior agenda and it would make for a clearer debate if you would just come out and say it.

Here I will make it easy for you. All Americans are racist and all Americans are too stupid to find America on the map. Will that work for you?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:45 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Here I will make it easy for you. All Americans are racist and all Americans are too stupid to find America on the map. Will that work for you?
I think that's an accurate synopsis of her points.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 AM

19,183 posts, read 27,741,368 times
Quote:
I think you should go through this thread and see that it is you who have lumped all immigrants together. Even after you have accused people of lumping them together they make a point to clearly separate legal immigrant from illegal immigrants and you do not acknowledge it and keep right on with the same program.
Yeah, it's just the "illegal" part you folks object to. If only they had a few extra pieces of unexpired paper, then it would all be A-OK with you. The schools, the medical care, the work, the remittances, the language, the culture, the extended families, the whole nine yards of it. None of that would be any problem at all for you if only these people had their papers in order. That's a real hoot...

Old 10-09-2007, 07:22 AM

348 posts, read 914,427 times
As usual, the other side changing the words. The problem with our country is not with the immigrant, it's with the ILLEGALS...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or