U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times

Advertisements

Bush is captive of the "Wallstreet" Rockefeller Republicans!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM

2,039 posts, read 5,677,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh sorry, I dont like the guest worker program. And NO he is not!! Sometimes i wonder who he is working for.
Then you should get a kick out of the article I just posted. (Well, the link to it anyway).

Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM

236 posts, read 399,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I feel Bush is not doing everything he has the power to do to help eliminate illegals in this country. Were you agreeing or disagreeing with the other poster? LOL

I am not happy with our president but I have to stick up for him on this issue. I just took a class on Business law and in the course of researching discrimination issues I looked at the immigration laws. The president holds no power over immigration issues it is solely in Congresses control. Congress is to blame.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM

2,039 posts, read 5,677,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
I am not happy with our president but I have to stick up for him on this issue. I just took a class on Business law and in the course of researching discrimination issues I looked at the immigration laws. The president holds no power over immigration issues it is solely in Congresses control. Congress is to blame.
Good point... They both suck. *smile*

Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

236 posts, read 399,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Good point... They both suck. *smile*
Yes they do. I can't disagree with that

Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
All in all illegal immigrants and some legal immigrants are ruining this coountry and the reasons are numerous. It is up to us to see that it stops so our children and grandchildren live in a safe and united country. What we are being flooded with are people that have no respect for or loyality to this country.

NumbersUsa (http://www.numbersusa.com/index - broken link)

Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
All in all illegal immigrants and some legal immigrants are ruining this coountry and the reasons are numerous. It is up to us to see that it stops so our children and grandchildren live in a safe and united country. What we are being flooded with are people that have no respect for or loyality to this country.

NumbersUsa (http://www.numbersusa.com/index - broken link)
What is the complaint about legal immigrants? My experience has generally been very positive with first generation immigrants. Actually, I think they make as positive a contribution as anyone who is 2nd generation or later.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:48 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
What is the complaint about legal immigrants? My experience has generally been very positive with first generation immigrants. Actually, I think they make as positive a contribution as anyone who is 2nd generation or later.
I should have made that point clear. Many of the legal immigrants we have in the last 10-20 years have no respect or loyalty to America. They have no interest in assimilating. Many have joined the bandwagon and are demanding we redefine American to adjust to the cultures and customs of the country they left.

The immigrants of yesteryear wanted and dreamed of being an American and worked hard to become an American. They never demanded we alter everything to accommodate their language or the customs of a foreign country.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
Any legal immigrant who chooses to hold dual citizenship while being a citizen of this country is wrong and, in my opinion, dangerous and not good for the country. PERIOD!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 PM

348 posts, read 914,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Any legal immigrant who chooses to hold dual citizenship while being a citizen of this country is wrong and, in my opinion, dangerous and not good for the country. PERIOD!!!!

What is the benefit of holding dual citizenship? I know a couple of people that do with England and Ireland...just curious. They are American though, in my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or