U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times

Advertisements

Immigrants are not ruining this country.

Illegal immigrants are.

There is a difference.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Immigrants are not ruining this country.

Illegal immigrants are.

There is a difference.
Oh, they know the difference alright. They just use PC terms such as "immigrants" or "undocumented workers" in order to conger up a warm and fuzzy feeling among the masses. All they do by doing that is to show their blatant dishonesty on this issue.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
One of the biggest issues I have with immigrants legal or not is that they need to adapt to the USA rather than continually expecting and demanding that the USA adapt to them. It's not that I'm sick of pressing 1 for English. I'm sick of the expense and inconvenience that we have to endure as a result. My neighbor's son recently had a six hour wait with a broken arm at the ER. He repeatedly asked what was going on and why his son wasn't being seen. Finally after several hours a nurse told him they only had one interpreter that night and they were backed up as a result. Fabulous! Also, how much does it cost the tax payers to educate children in Spanish in American schools?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
One of the biggest issues I have with immigrants legal or not is that they need to adapt to the USA rather than continually expecting and demanding that the USA adapt to them. It's not that I'm sick of pressing 1 for English. I'm sick of the expense and inconvenience that we have to endure as a result. My neighbor's son recently had a six hour wait with a broken arm at the ER. He repeatedly asked what was going on and why his son wasn't being seen. Finally after several hours a nurse told him they only had one interpreter that night and they were backed up as a result. Fabulous! Also, how much does it cost the tax payers to educate children in Spanish in American schools?
A broken arm is low on the ER triage importance...so long as the child wasnt in shock or bleeding, he was determind a low risk case. He was seen by a triage nurse when he entered the ER correct? So it would not have mattered if every patient spoke Chinese, he was going to have to wait his turn as deternimed by the triage Nurse.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I have said over and over that it is not about working for lower wages, but about being reliable, I employ a dozen anglos, and I wish that I did more, but once the employees start coming to work under the influence of either drugs oe alcohol, I have no ther option but to let them go, so far in
20 years I have not need to dismiss any spanish workers, they are always
willing to give 110% documented or not.....
Stop recruiting from bars and halfway houses.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
A broken arm is low on the ER triage importance...so long as the child wasnt in shock or bleeding, he was determind a low risk case. He was seen by a triage nurse when he entered the ER correct? So it would not have mattered if every patient spoke Chinese, he was going to have to wait his turn as deternimed by the triage Nurse.
I didn't read his post that way. I read it as the backup was because the wait was to GET to see the nurse. I've also experienced this. The log jam is the "perceived to be Illegals" and the line to get to the desk, then to get graded.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I didn't read his post that way. I read it as the backup was because the wait was to GET to see the nurse. I've also experienced this. The log jam is the "perceived to be Illegals" and the line to get to the desk, then to get graded.
No sir, there is not a six hour wait to see a ER triage nurse...your wait to see a Nurse or Physician for treatment may take 6 hours, but not ER triage.

Even though we aren't a battlefield, we triage people to ensure that the sickest get treated first. As I have tried to explain to the angry people in the lobby, the ER is not Burger King, it's not first come, first serve and get it your way. People in the process of having a heart attack, stroke or on the verge of not breathing need attention RIGHT NOW. Your chronic back pain, migraine, twisted ankle, cold sore etc. can wait a bit.

The triage nurse spends just minutes with the patient. In those few minutes she must determine how urgently the patient needs to be seen. This is made more difficult by the fact that patients often don't tell the nurse the whole story or they embellish or outright lie. Triage is an awesome responsibility. The nurse that does triage is away from the main ER and alone with the patient, they need to be an experience nurse who possess the assessment skills to look past the story and catch the subtle clues that something sinister may be going on.

ERNursey - An ER Nurse's Blog: Why Triage is Important (http://ernursey.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-triage-is-important.html - broken link)

Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,686,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmigrant View Post
To the people who believe that immigrants are ruining America,( by not paying taxes, taking jobs from Americans, going to the hospital because they are sick, or just trying to find a better life, etc). - How about the ones trying to make a difference in their country, or paying taxes, or helping the American people? Well, how come not many see the difference in this, and just lump us all together in one category? Those of you who are against immigrants should realize that we are not all the same, but a group of people with different perspectives. By the way, just because we are immigrants does not mean out life goal is to become your nanny or gardener.

Generally, the LEGAL immigrants are good for this country

Generally, the ILLEGAL immigrants are bad for this country

Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No sir, there is not a six hour wait to see a ER triage nurse...your wait to see a Nurse or Physician for treatment may take 6 hours, but not ER triage.

Even though we aren't a battlefield, we triage people to ensure that the sickest get treated first. As I have tried to explain to the angry people in the lobby, the ER is not Burger King, it's not first come, first serve and get it your way. People in the process of having a heart attack, stroke or on the verge of not breathing need attention RIGHT NOW. Your chronic back pain, migraine, twisted ankle, cold sore etc. can wait a bit.

The triage nurse spends just minutes with the patient. In those few minutes she must determine how urgently the patient needs to be seen. This is made more difficult by the fact that patients often don't tell the nurse the whole story or they embellish or outright lie. Triage is an awesome responsibility. The nurse that does triage is away from the main ER and alone with the patient, they need to be an experience nurse who possess the assessment skills to look past the story and catch the subtle clues that something sinister may be going on.

ERNursey - An ER Nurse's Blog: Why Triage is Important (http://ernursey.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-triage-is-important.html - broken link)
Agreed. You have summed up the process perfectly. To perfection as a matter of fact.
However, less illegals means less illegals abusing emergency room services. Services that more often than not are never paid for. I agree with you though the child was not forced to wait 6 hours for no good reason. There were more serious issues to treat. My sisters both work in Hospitals as RN's.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
It's always been interesting that if illegal immigration is ruining our nation, how did we have lower crime rates, increased education rates, and the fastest economic growth, during the peak of illegal immigration? During the 1990s and 2000s illegal immigration grew. So if they are "ruining" our nation, it would stand to reason that the 1990s and early 2000s would have been a lot worse than we saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or