U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,851,024 times

Advertisements

wonder why the OP never returned and answered post #286

Old 03-28-2010, 08:45 AM

34 posts, read 89,973 times
illegals arn't covered under Obamaplan. However, next month , when he legalizes 1 billion illegals here, THEY WILL BE COVERED AND WE WORKERS WILL BE PAYING OUT OF OUR PAYCHECKS EVERY WEEK FOR THESE FRIENDS OF OBAMAS,

Old 03-28-2010, 08:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Bush View Post
illegals arn't covered under Obamaplan. However, next month , when he legalizes 1 billion illegals here, THEY WILL BE COVERED AND WE WORKERS WILL BE PAYING OUT OF OUR PAYCHECKS EVERY WEEK FOR THESE FRIENDS OF OBAMAS,
Talk about hyperbole here:

First off: we have ca. 10-12 million illegal aliens here (which is still way too many) and second; proof please that Obama will amnesty those losers in April 2010

Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
If I was the SSA before assigning a number I would check databases to see if anyone opened any loans or other records on that particular number - obviously anything turning up would be fake usage.
Unfortunately, if the SSA had to verify every new number they issue to ensure illegals had not created the identical number, it would take forever to assign a new number. The day after my son was born in 1992, a nurse brought me the paperwork to complete for his SSN. As I recall, within a week after being released from the hospital, I received his card. I understand what you’re saying, but it simply isn’t feasible.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:54 AM

The Daily Bruin | Health care bill passes

Old 04-03-2010, 02:29 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,046,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And legal immigrants are not the problem. As for your crack about 'average' Americans being lazy; well, since quite a few are unemployed these days and cannot get benefits, maybe they will be willing to work----------if paid legal wages, etc.
Hey look, I agree with you. But why are so many jobs turned over to illegal immigrants. Because they're willing to do the work for lesser pay and there's also the element of them being "more hardworking." A lot of Americans DO feel entitled. And for many, this entitlement creeps into the work place and affects productivity. I don't want the image of the average American being lazy to persist, but unfortunately, it does.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:36 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,839,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I have a question for you. I know more than a dozen illegals.
What is your take on these two scenarios.

1.Came here on I-94's and never left. One family, husband, wife, three kids. Husband does not work. Wife works under the table. Two kids in high school, third one born here, free of charge to them, picked up by the hospital and ultimately legitimate taxpayers.
They live with another family, therefore, two in school, not paying any withholding, free birth, and have never filed income taxes, and pay no property taxes.. They have been here for 6 years.

2. Another family. Husband, wife, one child in school. They came here 9 years ago on I-94's and never left. They work from home doing contract work, no withholding using a Mexico address, and paid directly to their US bank account, and subsequently no 1099's issued. Income is approx. $90,000 a year and have never filed income taxes. Pay no property tax and one child in grade school.

Is this a reasonable thing for them to do?
You would have a point if the OP was talking about ILLEGAL activity. However if you actually paid a little more attention to detail, you would realize the OP was talking about LEGAL and HONEST immigrants who pay taxes and contribute to society. There are countless examples of physicians and engineers from Asian countries who emigrate here LEGALLY, pay taxes and raise responsible children who excel in school and become positive members of society. Why is it that those families are lumped in among the immigrants who perform illegal activities like the ones you mentioned. That is what the OP was asking so how about you actually pay a little more attention next time and answer the question assuming of course your reading comprehension skills are adequate.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Hey look, I agree with you. But why are so many jobs turned over to illegal immigrants. Because they're willing to do the work for lesser pay and there's also the element of them being "more hardworking." A lot of Americans DO feel entitled. And for many, this entitlement creeps into the work place and affects productivity. I don't want the image of the average American being lazy to persist, but unfortunately, it does.
Then care to explain why wages in many non union trades have fallen since the influx of illegal aliens? Remember one gets what they pay for and I can safely say that most illegals are not exactly the cream of the crop where competence is concerned.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You would have a point if the OP was talking about ILLEGAL activity. However if you actually paid a little more attention to detail, you would realize the OP was talking about LEGAL and HONEST immigrants who pay taxes and contribute to society. There are countless examples of physicians and engineers from Asian countries who emigrate here LEGALLY, pay taxes and raise responsible children who excel in school and become positive members of society. Why is it that those families are lumped in among the immigrants who perform illegal activities like the ones you mentioned. That is what the OP was asking so how about you actually pay a little more attention next time and answer the question assuming of course your reading comprehension skills are adequate.
thanks for pointing that out, we sure wouldn't want to talk about the other side would we, how convenient

Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmigrant View Post
To the people who believe that immigrants are ruining America,( by not paying taxes, taking jobs from Americans, going to the hospital because they are sick, or just trying to find a better life, etc). - How about the ones trying to make a difference in their country, or paying taxes, or helping the American people? Well, how come not many see the difference in this, and just lump us all together in one category? Those of you who are against immigrants should realize that we are not all the same, but a group of people with different perspectives. By the way, just because we are immigrants does not mean out life goal is to become your nanny or gardener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Looking at what I bolded: that is a disreputable tactic by many pro illegal alien apologists------------lumping legal immigrants together with illegal aliens and referring to the whole group as simply 'immigrants'

Needless to say: most pro illegal types will never admit to being that way because they are cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or