U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
1. Illegal Immigrants help fund Social Security
2. They provide a low-cost solution to help Americans for our love for cheap stuff
3. Major contributors to the agricultural sector of the economy (which happens to be huge)

What bad are they doing? Bad in the blue collar American's opinion because they didn't take hold of their education and get a better job. We all have the same chance at getting the best education. Now they're sitting at their computer all butt hurt ranting about how miserable they are because they were replaced with a cheaper solution.
Yea we have hashed and rehashed and pretty much killed those claims, but thank for bringing them up yet again.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Heh, did you really take my post as a personal attack? LOL! I'm just stating simply of what I see. I'm not your average adult, not even an adult. I'm still in High school. And I never said people here weren't educated.

And for Nea1.. sorry.. I didn't feel like reading 7 pages of posts. And how could you hash at those claims if they're true?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Sweden I am sure you are not going to try to sneak into the USA -- right? You will do things the right way while millions disgregard all the paperwork and effort you did and just step on your toes.

What if all the sudden all the signs in Sweden were Russian, or German or Arabic? What if you had to punch a button to get your own language? What if you couldn't talk to your neighbor? What if your school suddenly decided to teach in another language?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
nice job ASSuming everyone here isn't "educated"... maybe some of us are relaxing after a day of work, a LEGAL day of work where we actually paid into social security with our actual LEGAL social security number...

Best part about my job is it requires an extremely high security clearance and there's no way any illegal alien is going to get in..
I have seen some of your posts, and your job whatever it maybe sounds really interesting.

Me, yea relaxing after doing my day job, which does entail quite a bit of thinking and Cad and I am actually finishing my Bachelors in architecture. But my husband is Blue Collar, nothing to be ashamed of he is extremely hard working, was when I met him, he is now a PM in commercial construction, no degree did it the hard way. Learning from doing.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Heh, did you really take my post as a personal attack? LOL! I'm just stating simply of what I see. I'm not your average adult, not even an adult. I'm still in High school. And I never said people here weren't educated.

And for Nea1.. sorry.. I didn't feel like reading 7 pages of posts. And how could you hash at those claims if they're true?
Because they are not, just what they want you to believe.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Because they are not, just what they want you to believe.

You made my day. Your funny. You have no clue how many studies there have been researching this very subject of how Illegal Immigrants are pumping millions into Social Security a year using a crooked Social Security Number.

Also, we all know the Agricultural economy of the United states is a $40 Billion dollar industry. And I suppose the fruits and vegetables, cut, clean and box themselves? Or wait.. is the new fad of leaving your $20/hr job and picking fruit for under $6/hr it? Also ask me why price the price of vegetables and fruits and such gone up? The Government is scaring the Illegals away by doing raids.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
You made my day. Your funny. You have no clue how many studies there have been researching this very subject of how Illegal Immigrants are pumping millions a year using a crooked Social Security Number.

Also, we all know the Agricultural economy of the United states is a $40 Billion dollar industry. And I suppose the fruits and vegetables, cut, clean and box themselves? Or wait.. is the new fad of leaving your $20/hr job and picking fruit for under $6/hr it?
Glad I made your day. Now I will inform you.

My family ( not me extended family) have owned farms for over 100 years, guess what have always done it without illegals. Guess what, they are also fully automated, which is another issues the illegals cause, they keep the farmer from going automated, which actually makes for more product, and better quality. Thousands of farmers are now catching up, here in Colorado they are not only getting automated they are using low security inmates to do the work and paying them for it. And while the illegals pump money in they take much more than they give, billions and billions they cost us and that is just on the federal level, we are not even talking states cost in all this. Not to mention the fake SS# and Identity theft issues we have. Not to mention the continuation for lowering wages, used to be just AG, but has creep up into hundreds of jobs, dont think it will go higher?, It will, unless we stop it.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

13,807 posts, read 25,848,608 times
Quote:
I have seen some of your posts, and your job whatever it maybe sounds really interesting.

Me, yea relaxing after doing my day job, which does entail quite a bit of thinking and Cad and I am actually finishing my Bachelors in architecture. But my husband is Blue Collar, nothing to be ashamed of he is extremely hard working, was when I met him, he is now a PM in commercial construction, no degree did it the hard way. Learning from doing.
my job (when I was in the military) was interesting, but now I'm just a system administrator for a new Air Force network. Now I only use my clearance to get in the building and can't see and do any of the fun stuff any more, but thanks for reading my posts

and I completely respect both you and your husband for the work you do and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm finally going to school (at age 40) to finish my BS. Both my wife and I only have a high school diploma, but have finally worked our way up the ladder by doing actual work just like your situation. I believe that's the American dream in action and I'm glad you're getting benefits out your (legal) work.

as far as illegal aliens paying money into social security.. some may be and that is great that a few are actually making a contribution, but the majority work under the table and are paid in cash. A little of that cash is spent in the US and most is sent back to the country they are legal residents of. screw that and screw them

Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

3,886 posts, read 5,996,235 times
Quote:
Glad I made your day. Now I will inform you.

My family ( not me extended family) have owned farms for over 100 years, guess what have always done it without illegals. Guess what, they are also fully automated, which is another issues the illegals cause, they keep the farmer from going automated, which actually makes for more product, and better quality. Thousands of farmers are now catching up, here in Colorado they are not only getting automated they are using low security inmates to do the work and paying them for it. And while the illegals pump money in they take much more than they give, billions and billions they cost us and that is just on the federal level, we are not even talking states cost in all this. Not to mention the fake SS# and Identity theft issues we have. Not to mention the continuation for lowering wages, used to be just AG, but has creep up into hundreds of jobs, dont think it will go higher?, It will, unless we stop it.
You forgot to mention the 15 to 20 billion dollars they send back to their relatives in Mexican and Central America. That's a lot of money that does not come back into the US economy!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,561,048 times
So...what is a reasonable way to stop it? Why can't we regulate who comes across these borders? Are we lacking in border patrols? Lack of manpower? And I wonder how many...if any...low life Americans are helping in anyway, to allow access. Such as border agents taking bribes, or so called underground railroads etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or