U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 06:13 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,728,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
You forgot to mention the 15 to 20 billion dollars they send back to their relatives in Mexican and Central America. That's a lot of money that does not come back into the US economy!
yes thank you, I have carpal tunnel and my hands get tired,( yea and I do design, great!) but I did think of it!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So...what is a reasonable way to stop it? Why can't we regulate who comes across these borders? Are we lacking in border patrols? Lack of manpower? And I wonder how many...if any...low life Americans are helping in anyway, to allow access. Such as border agents taking bribes, or so called underground railroads etc.
Not nearly enough agents, and yes even some of them are scum!!! The wall they built is a joke, my dog could get through it!! needs to be cement blocks atleast 12 foot high. There needs to be double the decent agents with the ability to use what force in needed. the illegals know what the agents can and cannot do, and it works against us. Atleast that is what my Bro in law tells me.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times
Can you site the source of which you found this information? About them sending 15 to 20 billion back to Mexico?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 6,018,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
yes thank you, I have carpal tunnel and my hands get tired,( yea and I do design, great!) but I did think of it!!!
Sorry to hear of your carpal tunnel Nea1.:-( BTW, I hope you son is doing well.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Can you site the source of which you found this information? About them sending 15 to 20 billion back to Mexico?
just one article

Explaining the Increase in Remittances to Mexico - Southwest Economy, July/August 2007 - FRB Dallas

Old 10-08-2007, 06:21 PM

3,887 posts, read 6,018,402 times
Danke für das link Nea1!:-)

Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM

13,807 posts, read 25,897,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So...what is a reasonable way to stop it? Why can't we regulate who comes across these borders? Are we lacking in border patrols? Lack of manpower? And I wonder how many...if any...low life Americans are helping in anyway, to allow access. Such as border agents taking bribes, or so called underground railroads etc.
I don't think there is a reasonable way to stop it.. a physical method of stopping it is by mining the border, but that rarely goes over very well for some reason...

the only other way to go about at least inflicting a dent in illegal immigration is to hit the employers and hit them hard. This will take manpower and is going to cause some businesses to go under, but that's the price they are going to have to pay to conform to the law.. I still don't know where actually following the law somehow became something akin to learning a foreign language...

We also need to make sure everyone is playing by the rules and that's another hard one to combat. In the US we enjoy a lot of freedoms under the Constitution and these same rights tend to protect the corrupt. It gets really sticky when you start monitoring your own, but I personally feel we have to for the betterment of the country. Besides, I spent 20 years in the military talking on phones that could be legally monitored at any time.. (I still am as a defense contractor). In the beginning it was strange, but you get used to it and it helps protect us from those that prefer the $ over their partners in uniform..

Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Danke für das link Nea1!:-)
Your welcome. And my son is doing much better.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times
Hmm.. What puzzles me is how do they count this? Most people I know don't wire money, they send it through the mail. :s Doesn't that sound a bit fishy?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,631,544 times
I want to thank you guys for the info I recieved here today. I have to admit I had/have no idea the anguish and stress this is bringing to folks down your way. As of yet we here in Alaska are not having this problem. Not much here for farming, and most jobs are in extreme temperatures or conditions. This may hinder a surge of illegals into this state. But I agree something needs to be done. I have a feeling we need to totally clean house within the government and get some folks that can and will make a difference for the good of the people. Not sure if I'll get to see it in my lifetime...but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or