U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Hmm.. What puzzles me is how do they count this? Most people I know don't wire money, they send it through the mail. :s Doesn't that sound a bit fishy?
Nope, western union which is just one. Makes a fortune off it, mail takes to long and is an issue in Mexico. I have actually seen huge lines for it.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Your welcome. And my son is doing much better.
I'm glad to hear that Nea1.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I want to thank you guys for the info I recieved here today. I have to admit I had/have no idea the anguish and stress this is bringing to folks down your way. As of yet we here in Alaska are not having this problem. Not much here for farming, and most jobs are in extreme temperatures or conditions. This may hinder a surge of illegals into this state. But I agree something needs to be done. I have a feeling we need to totally clean house within the government and get some folks that can and will make a difference for the good of the people. Not sure if I'll get to see it in my lifetime...but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.
Alaska, amazing state, beautiful. Your lucky. If things get much worse I may head your way!!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,163,495 times
I believe we should all just learn to respect one another, illegal, legal or whatever. They are going to be here, they're not going to be deported any time soon. We all know how fast Mexicans repopulate (being a Mexican myself). We should all just learn to deal with it, not much else we can do.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I believe we should all just learn to respect one another, illegal, legal or whatever. They are going to be here, they're not going to be deported any time soon. We all know how fast Mexicans repopulate (being a Mexican myself). We should all just learn to deal with it, not much else we can do.
There is nothing wrong with Mexicans or being Mexican I dont want you to get that impression from me. But illegals seem to have no respect for us and our laws, here in lies the issue. There is plenty we can do about it. No deportation isnt a real problem solver, but making it impossible for them to work or live will solve the issue, then if they want to come here legally, we need to allow employers to sponsor them and pay a livable wage.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,391,056 times
Recently, a report from the Ariz Dept of Economic Security was released specifically dealing with what illegals contribute financially (taxes) to the AZ economy and what they (illegals) cost (in taxes) are -

Taxes paid (est 2006) of all forms $288 million (quite a bit)

Cost, in terms of taxes, for illegals $3.4 Billion

Net cost to AZ taxpayers -$3.1 Billion

Enough said

Old 10-08-2007, 06:36 PM

13,807 posts, read 25,861,810 times
Quote:
Please don't forget that illegal immigration comes from all over the world.. the majority of it is from Mexico, but they aren't even close to the only problem out there...

and I appreciate you actually partaking in debate like this when you are a high school student That says a lot about your character and earns you bonus points from me.
However (you had to know that was coming ), you're completely wrong in accepting something illegal and dismissing it as just something that's going to happen.. that's why drug infested neighborhoods remain the way they are and why people on welfare stay in that situation. Anything can be changed, but it takes some work.. That's usually the root of the problem.. everyone wants something, but doesn't always want to do something about it.. try not to ever fall into that crowd of people, they're serious losers...

BTW, you are SO lucky you qualified your heritage after that repopulating Mexicans comment... you probably would've been instabanned if you didn't..

Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,055,576 times
Quote:
Can you site the source of which you found this information? About them sending 15 to 20 billion back to Mexico?
Money flows from Mexican workers in the United States to Mexico are approaching $20 billion a year. I have excerpted from the Financial Times an article on this topic, describing methods of transmission and surprising ways in which the money once received is used.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:44 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,981,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
It is very frustrating to try to make a point, when no one wants to listen. I have the right to speak my mind on this forum too, or as you say - vent. If you don't like it, then don't respond. Don't try to make me less of a person just because you don't have an argument yet feel like disagreeing.
I admire your zeal, but you're wrong about a lot of things. I think you're going to be unhappy in the United States if you already have this much of a 'tude about it. If you're willing to actually open your mind, you MAY be able to make a life for yourself here.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,202 times
First post, so forgive me. You're beating a dead horse. What we need to do is open the southern boarder. After all the " Mex's " get here, all us citizens, except the politicians of course, will sneak across the border to the south, build the fence and let them have the country. America, without all the hard working folks, morals and beliefs, who built this country won't be worth having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or