U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 PM

173 posts, read 539,243 times

Advertisements

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I work close by NY Chinatown, you should see the dang line for the trailer I assumed that are set up by the city to accept Medicaid applications. It's sickening. I really wonder why I bother working sometimes when all these scums of society don't pay taxes but just take and take and take.

An Chinese friend was waiting in line for the iphone at the garden state plaza recently from 6am. Half of the line is Asian and are there to buy the phone to sell on craigslist. He overheard a conversation from someone on the line that basically said that he don't have to worry about getting sick waiting in line because Obama is giving them free health care. It is infuriating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM

3,677 posts, read 5,879,315 times
So, how do I get free healthcare??????????????

Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 AM

18,191 posts, read 17,341,398 times
Well that goes a little tooooo far. I'm still voting for Obama because the other choice is scary and we had him as governor of our state and he is a slime bag. He flip flops so if you believe what he says today, better be ready for a complete change tomorrow.

I guess we have to accept the Dream Act but it's not fair and I don't like it. They had better PAY the thousands of $$ to our government just like LEGAL immigrants have to and they had better PAY to get their medical exam and background check just like LEGAL immigrants do. They'd better PAY for their green card and PAY for their fingerprinting and their permanent resident cards just like LEGAL immigrants do. Then, get ready to PAY and STUDY to be a US citizen eventually. It's not automatic and they'd better PAY back some of the money they took.

They have already stolen from our public schools by getting an education that their families did not even pay for and now they are getting benefits that they don't deserve.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,220,448 times
I'm amazed how fast political and government leaders are in such a hurry to bankrupt the taxpayers.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,861,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well that goes a little tooooo far. I'm still voting for Obama because the other choice is scary and we had him as governor of our state and he is a slime bag. He flip flops so if you believe what he says today, better be ready for a complete change tomorrow.

I guess we have to accept the Dream Act but it's not fair and I don't like it. They had better PAY the thousands of $$ to our government just like LEGAL immigrants have to and they had better PAY to get their medical exam and background check just like LEGAL immigrants do. They'd better PAY for their green card and PAY for their fingerprinting and their permanent resident cards just like LEGAL immigrants do. Then, get ready to PAY and STUDY to be a US citizen eventually. It's not automatic and they'd better PAY back some of the money they took.

They have already stolen from our public schools by getting an education that their families did not even pay for and now they are getting benefits that they don't deserve.
Thankfully, the DREAM Act has yet to pass. We have stopped it each time, and we can stop it again if we are willing to continue to fight. Unfortunately, DACA gives illegals everything they want, save a path to citizenship. But, that is the ultimate goal for their so-called two-year deferred action. With DACA, they will receive in-state tuition and the legal right to work for any employer in this country, while legal foreign students are denied employment during their first year, and have certain restrictions thereafter. They are also required to pay substantially higher tuition rates. In addition, out-of-state citizens will be paying higher rates than illegal aliens. Why our government allows this is beyond me.

Not only are illegals NOT paying the same fees as legal immigrants for their DACA application requirements, they are being placed at the front of the line ahead of millions of people who have waited for years to come here through legal channels. Why would a foreigner bother to obey our laws given the preferential treatment illegals receive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or