U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
This is part of the reason why I hate posting in this forum.

Illegal aliens aren't supposed to get welfare. Neither are immigrants. It's disgusting that someone defends either proposition. This is a country. It is not a damned hospital or an old age home or a food kitchen for the world's poor people.



The fact that Mexican officials feel literally entitled to demand that Americans feed their nationals, let alone the fact that any American elected officials defend this idiotic policy is almost beyond outrage.
I agree and not only do I find it baffliing that many of our elected officials put foreigners both illegal and legal above the needs of our own citizens what is even more disheartening is when regular Americans do it based on emotionalism and/or ethnic ties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Got to love Republicans for never complaining when the Bush II administration started the program, and had at least four times the meetings between the USDA and Mexican officials in the same amount of time...

You also missed a key term in your titling of the topic:



Legal non-citizen means Legal Permanent Resident (and by the program's common qualification, required to be in that status for a minimum of five years), whom are not illegal aliens...

But you misquoted Senator Sessions in your titling, defining all "non-citizens" in the article as illegal aliens ("ILLEGAL ALIENS ON WELFARE DOUBLE UNDER BARACK OBAMA REGIME"):



To whit:



This topic is not about illegal immigration...

It must have been because it said "Mexican"...
You must have miss the subject line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It certainly makes you wonder which country's citizens Obama actually represents.

Actually Benicar;

It isn't hard to figure out, which Country, Obama does represent. Sure as hell ain't for Americans of all colors anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree and not only do I find it baffliing that many of our elected officials put foreigners both illegal and legal above the needs of our own citizens what is even more disheartening is when regular Americans do it based on emotionalism and/or ethnic ties.

Any Presidient who puts the needs and wants of others before the American People, should not be leading this Country.

For Americans should be the first priority.

Should not even be having this discussion, for anyone here illegally, should not get welfare period. This should be a priority for Americans who desperatly need it.

Not someone who breaks laws, and demand's certain rights they are not entitled too.

Gosh dang it, come here the legal way, we have no problem, break our laws, we have a serious problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Any Presidient who puts the needs and wants of others before the American People, should not be leading this Country.

For Americans should be the first priority.

Should not even be having this discussion, for anyone here illegally, should not get welfare period. This should be a priority for Americans who desperatly need it.

Not someone who breaks laws, and demand's certain rights they are not entitled too.

Gosh dang it, come here the legal way, we have no problem, break our laws, we have a serious problem?
The claim is though that there is no legal way for many to come so they must come illegally. Well yeah, we have annual quotas and for good reasons so if they don't fall within our quotas that doesn't give them the right to come here illegally anyway. What part of that don't they get?

A lot of our taxes dollars are being squandered on anchor babies. That is why it is so important to end birthright citizenship for babies born on our soil from illegal immigrant parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...A lot of our taxes dollars are being squandered on anchor babies. That is why it is so important to end birthright citizenship for babies born on our soil from illegal immigrant parents.
How much of our tax dollars? You've got a source if you say "a lot". Can we see some actual numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How much of our tax dollars? You've got a source if you say "a lot". Can we see some actual numbers?
No, I don't have an exact number. Why would you need that? There are thousands and thousands of anchor babies born each year. Do the math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, I don't have an exact number. Why would you need that? There are thousands and thousands of anchor babies born each year. Do the math.
What is your source for "thousands and thousands of anchor babies born each year"? Qualify "a lot". More or less than defense spending, Social Security, what sort of general number are we talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What is your source for "thousands and thousands of anchor babies born each year"? Qualify "a lot". More or less than defense spending, Social Security, what sort of general number are we talking about?
This is just at Parkland Hospital in Dallas alone and this is going on all over the country. If you would read the entire article instead of just the title of the article you'll see it is referring to anchor babies.

Dallas hospital cares for illegal immigrants - NBCNightlyNews | NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What is your source for "thousands and thousands of anchor babies born each year"? Qualify "a lot". More or less than defense spending, Social Security, what sort of general number are we talking about?
More than enough sources have been posted on this forum, and you have seen most if not all of those threads. So, why are you playing games? Unfortunately, we do not have exact numbers, because our spineless government refuses to require any agency to collect data on illegal aliens, including their births. But, according to Pew, at least 4 million babies have been born to illegal aliens within the past several years. That would certainly amount to "thousands and thousands" per year. Most are being supported by taxpayers to the tune of billions of dollars annually. Not to mention, at a minimum, they will continue to be a burden for at least 18 years. That is, if they don't become lifelong welfare recipients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top