U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In my state, ANYONE can vote. They don't even ask to see your driver's license. That's right. No form of ID is required to vote in Maryland. Just go to your location, tell them your name, they'll check the list, might ask you to "verify" your DOB after they tell you what it is, and you are then directed to your booth.

Considering they issued licenses to illegals for years, no doubt many are registered. Citizenship isn't verified, because voter registration in Maryland is on the honor system. After all, no one would "affirm" citizenship by signing on the line if they weren't actually a U.S. citizen, would they?
When it comes to illegal aliens voting,your state has plenty of company:

Quote:
Illegal Aliens Caught Voting and Stealing Elections In Florida In Vast Numbers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJDudUpct0

Illegal Immigrant voters along with immigrants that are prohibited from voting have been detected voting in Florida. This joins confirmed reports of sizable numbers of non citizens voting in Georgia and Colorado!

Quote:
Recent events also suggest at least the strong possibility of non-citizens voting.
In 2011, Colorado’s secretary of state found by comparing drivers’ licenses that Colorado had potentially as many as 16,270 non-citizens on its voting rolls.
In 2007, the Dallas Morning News ran a piece titled “Non-citizens likely voted in Bexar County” which explained how 330 non-citizens were discovered on voting rolls after they were summoned for jury duty.
The 2004 Washington State gubernatorial election was decided by 133 votes while 1,678 illegal votes, mostly by felons, were cast. The election was upheld because there was no accurate way to determine which candidate was the recipient of the illegal votes.
€˜We Don€™t Have Any€™ Problem of Illegal Immigrants Voting in U.S., Dem Congressmen Say | CNSNews.com

Old 10-09-2012, 06:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

Illegal Aliens Caught Voting and Stealing Elections In Florida In Vast Numbers - YouTube

Illegal Immigrant voters along with immigrants that are prohibited from voting have been detected voting in Florida. This joins confirmed reports of sizable numbers of non citizens voting in Georgia and Colorado!

‘We Don’t Have Any’ Problem of Illegal Immigrants Voting in U.S., Dem Congressmen Say | CNSNews.com
It stands to reason that people who have no respect for the law won't think twice about voting illegally. At the most, they'll be deported. Oh, that's right, voter fraud isn't a violent crime.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Quote:
It stands to reason that people who have no respect for the law won't think twice about voting illegally. At the most, they'll be deported. Oh, that's right, voter fraud isn't a violent crime.
Indeed. Sort of like millions of people illegally invading another country is a misdemeanor.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:26 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
In my state, ANYONE can vote. They don't even ask to see your driver's license. That's right. No form of ID is required to vote in Maryland. Just go to your location, tell them your name, they'll check the list, might ask you to "verify" your DOB after they tell you what it is, and you are then directed to your booth.

Considering they issued licenses to illegals for years, no doubt many are registered. Citizenship isn't verified, because voter registration in Maryland is on the honor system. After all, no one would "affirm" citizenship by signing on the line if they weren't actually a U.S. citizen, would they?

All states have also issued driver's licenses to Legal Permanent Residents, in far greater numbers, so why is it just a fraud potential with illegal aliens?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

Illegal Aliens Caught Voting and Stealing Elections In Florida In Vast Numbers - YouTube

Illegal Immigrant voters along with immigrants that are prohibited from voting have been detected voting in Florida. This joins confirmed reports of sizable numbers of non citizens voting in Georgia and Colorado!...
Yeah, how ALIPAC titles a YouTube video (which had already been discussed here) is all the evidence you would need to see. The news report says "non-citizen". How does ALIPAC make the leap to make that into "illegal alien"?

Here's something on the states you mentioned (note that "illegal voter" does not necessarily equate to "illegal alien"):

Quote:
Republican election officials who promised to root out voter fraud so far are finding little evidence of a widespread problem. State officials in key presidential battleground states have found only a tiny fraction of the illegal voters they initially suspected existed...

Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned

Back on topic, legitimate news organizations using the term "non-citizen" are defining all those that are not U.S. citizens, and it may not be interchangeable with the term "illegal alien". Statements that fail validation will just not become true if repeated often enough. I see the same material, topics brought up using the same sources that have been discussed, even multiple times, over and over. It's easy enough to use the search feature on the forum, but I am surprised how much it is bypassed.

Last edited by Yac; 10-10-2012 at 01:59 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Back on topic, legitimate news organizations using the term "non-citizen" are defining all those that are not U.S. citizens, and it may not be interchangeable with the term "illegal alien". Statements that fail validation will just not become true if repeated often enough. I see the same material, topics brought up using the same sources that have been discussed, even multiple times, over and over. It's easy enough to use the search feature on the forum, but I am surprised how much it is bypassed.
Can "non-citizen" incorporate "illegal alien"?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Can "non-citizen" incorporate "illegal alien"?
Exactly as stated, the term "non-citizen" in common usage may not necessarily be interchangeable with the term "illegal alien". There has been recent form here to take a statement about "non-citizens" that would also have Legal Permanent Residents included, but the term is changed to "illegal aliens" when put on the forum. Comparison:

[Senator] Sessions said "The number of non-citizens receiving food stamp support has doubled since the president took office.".

ILLEGAL ALIENS ON WELFARE DOUBLES UNDER BARACK OBAMA REGIME

Over a number of years I have felt that some people were over-estimating the number of illegal aliens because they see statements like this, and don't know how to resolve LPRs (the belief that a foreigner that marries a U.S. citizen instantly becomes a citizen themselves is very common misconception) out of the data. You and I both know, when we see the claim that an "Anchor Baby" is sponsoring Aunts, Uncle, and Grandparents before even reaching 21, we recognize it is false (both on the age and a relationship not being able to be sponsored), but I commonly see a couple members will repeat the falsehood without a pause.

Reminded of it, even by a fellow poster they commonly agree with, they will still repeat the claim again later...

As I have conceded before, you are one of the more rational members in this sub-forum, but you must have seen this happening yourself...

It's been enough of a night for me, and I've seen a comment that I never would have thought would come out publicly...

Live and learn...

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

Aren't the supporters of illegal immigrants also guilty of blurring the lines such as using the just the word immigrant to describe illegal immigrants or calling us anti-immigrant when we are anti-illegal immigration?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Liquid Reigns your posts wreak of ANGER! LOL

Are you ever in a good mood? Lighten up.
Many of us are real mad about ILLEGAL aliens in the US and want those "Americans" who protect them from being deported nailed too.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
For one -- a handful of illegals wouldn't be too much a big deal but immigration is completely out of control. With 25 million Americans out of work, we certainly don't need 25 million lawbreakers and more coming.

Immigration can be good. It needs to be orderly, lawful, and it shouldn't be solely about bringing wages down to rock bottom or putting Americans out of work.

And it should be about bringing in those who truly want to be American, not about those who want to live like they did back home and hang on to their old country ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration