Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times

Advertisements

It's really very simple.

Illegals are catered to while the needs of Americans are shoved aside or ignored. We have a huge recession but Obama panders to the hispanic vote by handing out work permits to illegal aliens. Illegal aliens demand all kinds of special rights. They want their food, housing and medical costs by for the American taxpayer. They don't want to learn English or obey American laws they dislike. When confronted on this fact they call people who argue with them racists.

For example I live in a state with the 4th highest unemployment rate. One of our senators is busy. What is he doing? Worrying about how to make life easier for illegal aliens. He's in favor of granting them instate tuition, access to social security, the right to drive on our roads, medical care paid for legal American citizens and all sorts of benefits. Meanwhile he opposes efforts to demand they learn English or pay any real fines for their lawbreaking. I can't go more than five miles from my house without encountering someone who does not speak English or signs meant to make life easier for someone who is brazenly breaking multiple state laws.

Hence the well deserved frustration.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
All states have also issued driver's licenses to Legal Permanent Residents, in far greater numbers, so why is it just a fraud potential with illegal aliens?...

Yeah, how ALIPAC titles a YouTube video (which had already been discussed here) is all the evidence you would need to see. The news report says "non-citizen". How does ALIPAC make the leap to make that into "illegal alien"?

Here's something on the states you mentioned (note that "illegal voter" does not necessarily equate to "illegal alien"):
I never said an "illegal voter" must be an illegal alien, did I? However, having voter registration forms attached to each driver's license application is an invitation for illegals to register, especially given their desperation for Obama (their hero) to have a second term. And, they have already proven their willingness to break our laws. Dreamies are petrified at the mere thought of a Romney presidency, because he said he would end DACA. Other illegals are expecting Obama to force the passage of another amnesty.

On the other hand, Legal Permanent Residents don't have that concern. They can remain here regardless. They would have nothing to gain by voting illegally. In fact, they would jeopardize their chance at citizenship if they were caught voting illegally, unlike illegals, who have nothing to lose.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
With 25 million Americans out of work, we certainly don't need 25 million lawbreakers and more coming.
I think you mean 25 million uneducated, unskilled, and in many cases, illiterate, lawbreakers coming. In fact, many of them don't bother learning a lick of English until their American born anchor babies start bringing it home from middle school and high school. This is what we get when we cater to their every whim, when every hospital and public assistance office has signs written in spanish.

And somebody else mentioned earlier in this thread that America would have the same exact problem if it were Chinese that were coming over illegally in droves like the mexicans do. I'd have to disagree with this. I think that due to their culture, they would try very hard to assimilate and contribute. I doubt that they would hold demonstrations and desecrate our flag the way these hispanic mobs do.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I think you mean 25 million uneducated, unskilled, and in many cases, illiterate, lawbreakers coming. In fact, many of them don't bother learning a lick of English until their American born anchor babies start bringing it home from middle school and high school. This is what we get when we cater to their every whim, when every hospital and public assistance office has signs written in spanish.

And somebody else mentioned earlier in this thread that America would have the same exact problem if it were Chinese that were coming over illegally in droves like the mexicans do. I'd have to disagree with this. I think that due to their culture, they would try very hard to assimilate and contribute. I doubt that they would hold demonstrations and desecrate our flag the way these hispanic mobs do.
And there is the racial element again. It never stops on this forum.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
And there is the racial element again. It never stops on this forum.
No need to flame the entire forum for the words of one. In truth we haven't seen millions of Chinese illegal immigrants marching in our streets, etc. How are facts racist? There are plenty of supporters of illegal immigrants in this forum and outside this forum that bring the racist element into the illegal immigration issue.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No need to flame the entire forum for the words of one. In truth we haven't seen millions of Chinese illegal immigrants marching in our streets, etc. How are facts racist? There are plenty of supporters of illegal immigrants in this forum and outside this forum that bring the racist element into the illegal immigration issue.
In truth, your hypothetical millions of Chinese immigrants marching our streets cannot be a fact.

Anyways, it just never fails on this forum somebody always makes a racial remark towards Mexicans. This forum and the subject within, is very much fueled by hateful discrimination.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
In truth, your hypothetical millions of Chinese immigrants marching our streets cannot be a fact...
But that is commonly alluded to here as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
On foot, boats -- however they can. People come all the way from China on boats.

Of course virtually all the over 2 billion impoverished people in the world would prefer a nice comfortable easy life in the USA --- the millions of illegals are not exactly unique in that.

Quote:
...Anyways, it just never fails on this forum somebody always makes a racial remark towards Mexicans. This forum and the subject within, is very much fueled by hateful discrimination.
And it's proactive enough that it doesn't even have to be Mexicans living outside, or with any intentions to leave, Mexico. It can be on Mexicans legally here, paying taxes, and working long enough to be qualified for benefits. Of course, the thread may need to be falsely titled to slip it in, but it will get posted as it being "ILLEGAL ALIENS".

After all, what is the ethnical context to "there are thousands of them ripe for the picking in front of every 7/11 in the country"?...

Old 10-13-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
In truth, your hypothetical millions of Chinese immigrants marching our streets cannot be a fact.

Anyways, it just never fails on this forum somebody always makes a racial remark towards Mexicans. This forum and the subject within, is very much fueled by hateful discrimination.
The Chinese that are here illegally retain a low profile and so do most other groups here illegally and that is just a fact. I didn't see any racial remarks or hateful discrimination about Mexicans here illegally by the person you were replying to just stating some simple facts. I keep forgetting though that any truthful remarks made about Mexicans here illegally are concluded as racist by their supporters and defenders. You keep reminding us though.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But that is commonly alluded to here as well:

And it's proactive enough that it doesn't even have to be Mexicans living outside, or with any intentions to leave, Mexico. It can be on Mexicans legally here, paying taxes, and working long enough to be qualified for benefits. Of course, the thread may need to be falsely titled to slip it in, but it will get posted as it being "ILLEGAL ALIENS".

After all, what is the ethnical context to "there are thousands of them ripe for the picking in front of every 7/11 in the country"?...
What part of your last statement isn't true? I see many of them in front of other businesses also soliciting for work and they are all of the Latino persuasion or appear to be. A citizen or legal immigrant wouldn't do that if they are honest because it is against the law. I pass through a town in Bonsall, Ca on the way to Oceanside several times a year and there are at least a dozen of them out in front of a McDonalds doing just that.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
The Chinese that are here illegally retain a low profile and so do most other groups here illegally and that is just a fact. I didn't see any racial remarks or hateful discrimination about Mexicans here illegally by the person you were replying to just stating some simple facts. I keep forgetting though that any truthful remarks made about Mexicans here illegally are concluded as racist by their supporters and defenders. You keep reminding us though.
Keep twisting what was said by the poster, and what I replied to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
^^^this is an opinion which cannot be a fact, and it is racist.

You even admitted it with this statement:

Quote:
No need to flame the entire forum for the words of one.
You post like Chicagonut with your constant need to reply, twist words and argue about everything. It is very annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration