Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM

62,821 posts, read 29,025,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Aren't alot of people in this nation the descendants of immigrants?
What has that to do with illegal immigration or our right to have immigration laws just like every other country does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM

62,821 posts, read 29,025,565 times
Quote:
How about this. People come to this country legally, instead of trying to enter illegally. That would solve some problems. Deport illegal aliens and for those who come legally, they can come.
No, because we cannot allow everyone in the world to come here just because they want to and are willing to come legally. We have annual quotas for good reasons. There are 23 million Americans out of work. What do we need immigrants at this time for?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,879,270 times
Quote:
How about this. People come to this country legally, instead of trying to enter illegally. That would solve some problems. Deport illegal aliens and for those who come legally, they can come.
Not now. It's time to throttle back ALL immigration and deport any illegal alien "contacted" by LE for any reason because so many Americans can't find work.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 PM

72,926 posts, read 62,453,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What has that to do with illegal immigration or our right to have immigration laws just like every other country does?
I thought I was responding to something that said "no more immigrants". I didn't know that this was talking about illegal immigration in any way.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,656,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
But don't you see our government is responsible for many that flee their country both legal and illegal.

The U.S. war on drugs is also responsible for people that flee Mexico both legal and illegal, our government supplies the Mexican military and police that are well known to be corrupt with weapons and money.

Listen to what Ruben Garcia, Director of Annunciation House, El Paso, Tx has to say about the situation in Mexico and on the border at the Pax Christi awards event last month, again what he has to say may open the eyes and ears of those that have eyes and ears to listen and hear.

http://paxchristiusa1.files.wordpres...peace-2012.mp3

keywords: · Add
They flee because they chose to flee. The people of that country made their own choices just like we make our own choices.

Many people have bad situations here but they don't break the law because of their circumstance.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,613,960 times
Quote:
But don't you see our government is responsible for many that flee their country both legal and illegal.

The U.S. war on drugs is also responsible for people that flee Mexico both legal and illegal, our government supplies the Mexican military and police that are well known to be corrupt with weapons and money.

Listen to what Ruben Garcia, Director of Annunciation House, El Paso, Tx has to say about the situation in Mexico and on the border at the Pax Christi awards event last month, again what he has to say may open the eyes and ears of those that have eyes and ears to listen and hear.

http://paxchristiusa1.files.wordpres...peace-2012.mp3

keywords: · Add

Foreign billioniares are getting extremely rich by destroying the people of the USA with their most addictive poisons and we should continue allowing that?

How about Americans poison the people of other countries and get extremely rich doing so? The Annunciation House is knowingly breaking the law -- even giving refuge to the cartels members. That's a fact. Ever hear of El Rikin? The Reyes Salazar family?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,860,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
From the article:

So basically greedy scabs came here with the backhanded cooperation of our government and greedy employers . . . and ordinary Americans are supposed to be punished for it via higher taxes, demands to learn Spanish from people too stupid and arrogant to learn English and communities that have essentially been invaded by low skilled hispanics.

I don't think so. If Mexico and Guatemala are such hellholes then Mexicans and Guatemalans need to change Mexico and Guatemala. They have no legal or moral right to demand America's burdened middle classes change to meet their needs.
Well I have to give you credit for actually reading the article, have you or anyone given the audio a listen?

I would agree that these people should seek change in their own countries, but that is difficult to do with our government supporting the criminal governments of these countires with money and weapons along with these trade agreements where people can buy farm products from the U.S. cheaper than from the farmer down the road. The free trade agreements are set up to benefit our wealthy corporations to go in and rape these third world countries of their natural resources.

In these countries there are people that are trying to create a better situation for their fellow country men but union organizers, teachers often go missing and many time their headless bodies are dumped at the doorsteps of the organizations they represent as a warning to others.
Many are rape,tortured and killed just for teaching young children how to read and write and this is done with full knowledge and help from our government, I have met and come to know some of these people such as Sr. Dianna Ortiz who was tortured and raped with the knowledge and participation of our government.
The following is Sr. Dianna detailing her abduction and what happened, I don't think anybody can watch and listen to what she has to say and not be affected.

Sister Dianna Ortiz Details Her Abduction and Torture by U.S.-Backed Guatemalan Military

Sister Dianna Ortiz Details Her Abduction and Torture by U.S.-Backed Guatemalan Military

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,879,270 times
Quote:
Well I have to give you credit for actually reading the article, have you or anyone given the audio a listen?

I would agree that these people should seek change in their own countries, but that is difficult to do with our government supporting the criminal governments of these countires with money and weapons along with these trade agreements where people can buy farm products from the U.S. cheaper than from the farmer down the road. The free trade agreements are set up to benefit our wealthy corporations to go in and rape these third world countries of their natural resources.

In these countries there are people that are trying to create a better situation for their fellow country men but union organizers, teachers often go missing and many time their headless bodies are dumped at the doorsteps of the organizations they represent as a warning to others.
Many are rape,tortured and killed just for teaching young children how to read and write and this is done with full knowledge and help from our government, I have met and come to know some of these people such as Sr. Dianna Ortiz who was tortured and raped with the knowledge and participation of our government.
The following is Sr. Dianna detailing her abduction and what happened, I don't think anybody can watch and listen to what she has to say and not be affected.

I'd be Ok with kicking Mexico OUT of NAFTA. Please DON'T think for a minute that the governments of those countries are innocent. You know if it wasn't the US maybe doing things there, it'd be China.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Sr. Dianna on the right in one of my pictures from march/protest at the White House against torture and to close Guantanamo and Bagram earlier this year.
The rest of pics from that day can be seen at the link below

Close Guantanamo & Bagram: 10 Years Too Many - PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd be Ok with kicking Mexico OUT of NAFTA. Please DON'T think for a minute that the governments of those countries are innocent. You know if it wasn't the US maybe doing things there, it'd be China.
No they are not innocent, that is why we support them, if they did not cooperate with our government they would be overthrown, our government has a habit of overthrowing democratically elected governments and replacing them with right wing dictatorships, it is all part of our empire building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration