U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 AM
 
34,921 posts, read 15,730,713 times
Reputation: 9339

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
No they are not innocent, that is why we support them, if they did not cooperate with our government they would be overthrown, our government has a habit of overthrowing democratically elected governments and replacing them with right wing dictatorships, it is all part of our empire building.
Since when is democracy a right wing dictatorship? The only countries I know of where we try to impose democracy on them are those who are run by dictators. However, I do wish we would stop trying to force our way of life on other countries. Mexico isn't one of those.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,943,799 times
Reputation: 22228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Well I have to give you credit for actually reading the article, have you or anyone given the audio a listen?

I would agree that these people should seek change in their own countries, but that is difficult to do with our government supporting the criminal governments of these countires with money and weapons along with these trade agreements where people can buy farm products from the U.S. cheaper than from the farmer down the road. The free trade agreements are set up to benefit our wealthy corporations to go in and rape these third world countries of their natural resources.

In these countries there are people that are trying to create a better situation for their fellow country men but union organizers, teachers often go missing and many time their headless bodies are dumped at the doorsteps of the organizations they represent as a warning to others.
Many are rape,tortured and killed just for teaching young children how to read and write and this is done with full knowledge and help from our government, I have met and come to know some of these people such as Sr. Dianna Ortiz who was tortured and raped with the knowledge and participation of our government.
The following is Sr. Dianna detailing her abduction and what happened, I don't think anybody can watch and listen to what she has to say and not be affected.

Sister Dianna Ortiz Details Her Abduction and Torture by U.S.-Backed Guatemalan Military

Sister Dianna Ortiz Details Her Abduction and Torture by U.S.-Backed Guatemalan Military
We simply cannot import the over 2 billion impoverished people of the world and provide them all a nice comfortable standard of living.

It's a lot like people fleeing a sinking ship by all jumping into one lifeboat and sinking it. And we're not doing anything much for our own unfortunate and our own underclass -- so what's the point in allowing unlimited and even more massive immigration when our own youth cannot find jobs?

These people pouring over the borders are thinking only of themselves, they are willing to risk their lives for the easy American dollars -- but how much better if they would put their efforts into working for reform for their own countries which would ultimately benefit many more.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,106,636 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We simply cannot import the over 2 billion impoverished people of the world and provide them all a nice comfortable standard of living...
How could there be any realization of 2 billion poor people coming to the United States?...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,943,799 times
Reputation: 22228
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How could there be any realization of 2 billion poor people coming to the United States?...
Exactly -- that's what I'm asking. All those who think that we should allow all the impoverished people to come on in, need to realize what they're suggesting. There are over 2 billion impoverished people in this world -- I'm sure 99.9% of them would love to live the good life in the USA.

We simply cannot take in the whole world, it's time that people unsatisfied with their lives in their own countries find another plan -- they cannot all come here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,106,636 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly -- that's what I'm asking. All those who think that we should allow all the impoverished people to come on in, need to realize what they're suggesting. There are over 2 billion impoverished people in this world -- I'm sure 99.9% of them would love to live the good life in the USA.

We simply cannot take in the whole world, it's time that people unsatisfied with their lives in their own countries find another plan -- they cannot all come here.
So it's a jest? I asked how there would be any reality to the statement. What would be the mechanism to how they would come?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,943,799 times
Reputation: 22228
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So it's a jest? I asked how there would be any reality to the statement. What would be the mechanism to how they would come?
On foot, boats -- however they can. People come all the way from China on boats.

Of course virtually all the over 2 billion impoverished people in the world would prefer a nice comfortable easy life in the USA --- the millions of illegals are not exactly unique in that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,106,636 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
On foot, boats -- however they can. People come all the way from China on boats.

Of course virtually all the over 2 billion impoverished people in the world would prefer a nice comfortable easy life in the USA --- the millions of illegals are not exactly unique in that.
You misunderstand me when I say "mechanism", it does not mean a mode of travel in this instance...

But it does give aspect of what I am referring to. How many "boats" are needed to transport 2 billion people? What sort of time are we talking about for 2 billion people to arrive here?

Let's get down to some specifics of what you are trying to say...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,943,799 times
Reputation: 22228
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You misunderstand me when I say "mechanism", it does not mean a mode of travel in this instance...

But it does give aspect of what I am referring to. How many "boats" are needed to transport 2 billion people? What sort of time are we talking about for 2 billion people to arrive here?

Let's get down to some specifics of what you are trying to say...
Well we're up to at least 25 million illegals here -- they certainly found a way.

Chinese boat people find a way -- their rickety boats arrive on our shores.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,106,636 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well we're up to at least 25 million illegals here -- they certainly found a way...
Source that there is "at least" 25 million illegal aliens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...Chinese boat people find a way -- their rickety boats arrive on our shores.
Now you are just being evasive. I asked for specific data on your claim. How is there a rational thought that this would happen?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,762,615 times
Reputation: 5902
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You misunderstand me when I say "mechanism", it does not mean a mode of travel in this instance...

But it does give aspect of what I am referring to. How many "boats" are needed to transport 2 billion people? What sort of time are we talking about for 2 billion people to arrive here?

Let's get down to some specifics of what you are trying to say...
When there's a will, there's a way. That's what malamute means. Sheesh!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top