U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,094,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Phoenix giving ID's to illegal immigrants would just be another gimmic or tactic to make them APPEAR to
be somewhat legit, when in reality, they have no reason to be in the country to start with.

Don't delude yourself into thinking they are afraid to call the law if they think it benefits thier agenda.
Phoenix is the new wild west anyway. 2 shoot outs, 1 murder, endless drug busts and a least 1 hit & run
every day. City ID's would just be another magnet to draw them here. It would just be another burden for the local law.
Still no explanation for how the city IDs would raise federal taxes. Just anti-immigration rants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
If you live in Maryland why would you even care what they do in Phoenix?
Why shouldn't Benicar be mad? I live IN Phoenix and am quite mad about illegal aliens here tho there are less than a few years back. Maybe Maryland has a big illegal alien problem too. Sheesh!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Still no explanation for how the city IDs would raise federal taxes. Just anti-immigration rants.
Legal aliens ain't the problem. It's ILLEGAL aliens that so many of us are pissed over. I def DON'T illegal aliens to have any sort of US ID; they need to be picked up and deported for any reason.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 PM

31,886 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Who said they would? What anti-"immigration" rants? Didn't you read my post where I corrected you on that? Yet your persist? Don't you know the difference between immigration which is legal and illegal immigration?

Quote:
The legal vs. illegal thing is just a played out strawman. Do you support an expansion of legal immigration into the US? If not, your point is moot.

The tax thing is a complete red herring. Please explain how what Phoenix decides to do with immigrant IDs is going to change the amount of federal taxes that you pay. Not just anti-immigrant platitudes but genuine specifics, please.
Yes, it is a strawman by those who defend illegal immigrants. It is also dishonest. I support legal immigration when we need them and can provide jobs and resources for them but I do not if we don't. So no, my point isn't moot.

Immigrant ID's aren't in question. Illegal immigrant ones are. Who is claiming that giving them and ID is going to come out of our federal tax coffers? It will impact our state ones however but that isn't the point. ID's given to protect them from detection is just plain wrong!

Last edited by Yac; 10-15-2012 at 03:56 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Please explain how Phoenix giving an ID to an immigrant directly impacts you. I am just not seeing it. The federal tax issue is just a red herring, this has nothing to do with taxes at all.
As a citizen of this country, any measure that incentivizes illegal immigration directly impacts me. Our country is being overrun by illegal aliens, and their presence is costing billions of tax dollars. Please explain how it is a red herring to oppose having my tax dollars squandered on people who have no right to be here. It's too bad we don't have a system in place whereby only supporters of illegal aliens would be required to foot the bill. Why should I be forced to feed, house, educate, and provide medical care for foreign interlopers?

Quote:
The legal vs. illegal thing is just a played out strawman. Do you support an expansion of legal immigration into the US? If not, your point is moot.

The tax thing is a complete red herring. Please explain how what Phoenix decides to do with immigrant IDs is going to change the amount of federal taxes that you pay. Not just anti-immigrant platitudes but genuine specifics, please.
Again, we are spending countless billions of tax dollars on illegal aliens. Every dollar spent on an illegal is a dollar NOT spent on a citizen. I have a problem with that. Issuing IDs is an added incentive to remain in this country, and only serves to legitimize their illegal presence. As long as they are here, they are an unnecessary tax burden, regardless of where they live. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

We already welcome more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined. So no, I do not support an expansion. However, I do support improving the process for those who play by the rules. Currently, illegal aliens are being given preferential treatment for violating our laws. In my opinion, that's wrong on so many levels. We need immigrants who will benefit this country. We certainly don't need to import poverty, illiteracy, out-of-wedlock births, gangbangers, low-skilled workers, ID thieves, or parasites.

Quote:
Please quote the anti-immigrant rants. I didn't see any.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 PM

32,908 posts, read 30,162,897 times
Definition of hypocrite, not wanting to show ID to vote but would like ID for every other purpose where it benefits them.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Giving ID to immigrants or to Illegals? Their is a world of difference. Giving an ID to an Illegal is the same as knowing they are here illegally and facilitating their criminal behavior. No state or city should be facilitating such behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or