U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,055,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I am an American Citizen and I follow the law, just can't be tried as an adult yet since I'm not 18 yet. But I think there should be some kind of pardon to those families and why didn't they deport the families before their son went to Iraq? Why after?
Uh, maybe it comes to the attention of authorities that the soldier has illegal immigrant family in the country. If you follow the laws you should have no problem understanding the elementary fact that they are deporting the immigrants that came across our borders as a criminal. In fact you should commend the authorities for doing their job. God knows most of them do not when it comes to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 AM

348 posts, read 915,136 times
Quote:
I may have got ahead of myself and reworded everything wrong. The people who are fighting are LEGAL American Citizens, or as racist people would call them, Anchor babies. The parents and families of the soldiers are being deported.

I fail to see what the problem is? Just because you serve our country, does not give you permission to cal the shots. If their families are here illegally, they need to be deported...end of story.
My husband served our country as well, he still has to obey the law.
Why should illegal aliens get a free ride because their "anchor baby" was in the military?
Call me racist if you want, but my feelings on anchor babies are that they shouldn't be here either.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Quote:
I am an American Citizen and I follow the law, just can't be tried as an adult yet since I'm not 18 yet. But I think there should be some kind of pardon to those families and why didn't they deport the families before their son went to Iraq? Why after?
Actually; if both of your parents are both illegal (which I doubt, admittedly), you can be deported being a minor unless guardianship stateside can be secured.

Once you turn age 18 then you can obviously live here Scot free.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,803,924 times
Under current law....IF you were born in the United States, you are a Citizen.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,707,396 times
Hopefully we can change that.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Hopefully we can change that.
ITA... retro-active

Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM

537 posts, read 313,104 times
Actually, the Constitution and the 14th Amendment has been misinterpreted, as the Bible is so much. The 14th Amendment was written and passed for the children of ex-slaves and not for illegals. In truth and reality if we had a Supreme Court with any brains or guts they would state this fact and stop the farce of anchor babies in this country. My Goid, the American Indian had to have a separate law to make All American Indians citizens.

If someone is illegal, I do not care if a family member fought in any war. Deport their asses home and stop the ***** footin' around and get rid of the illegals no matter what or who they happen to be.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Actually, the Constitution and the 14th Amendment has been misinterpreted, as the Bible is so much. The 14th Amendment was written and passed for the children of ex-slaves and not for illegals. In truth and reality if we had a Supreme Court with any brains or guts they would state this fact and stop the farce of anchor babies in this country. My Goid, the American Indian had to have a separate law to make All American Indians citizens.

If someone is illegal, I do not care if a family member fought in any war. Deport their asses home and stop the ***** footin' around and get rid of the illegals no matter what or who they happen to be.
Right on! The illegals think they are treated the same as the slaves were...you are free to go home anytime

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,164,118 times
I see your guys' point, not much I can say. I guess the on the people on this forum are strict law abiding citizens. But let me explain my story. My dad (who is Mexican) came to this country Legally, my Grandpa was a truck driver and got everyone in his family a passport. My dad went back to Mexico to marry my mom. My mom came to the U.S Illegally by running across the hills to come to this country. Eventually she took the citizenship test and became a citizen herself. I am not an Anchor Baby since my dad was Legal, my dad pays taxes just like any other citizen of the world and so does my mom. Believe it or not, she works for the Government.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,707,396 times
Quote:
I see your guys' point, not much I can say. I guess the on the people on this forum are strict law abiding citizens. But let me explain my story. My dad (who is Mexican) came to this country Legally, my Grandpa was a truck driver and got everyone in his family a passport. My dad went back to Mexico to marry my mom. My mom came to the U.S Illegally by running across the hills to come to this country. Eventually she took the citizenship test and became a citizen herself. I am not an Anchor Baby since my dad was Legal, my dad pays taxes just like any other citizen of the world and so does my mom. Believe it or not, she works for the Government.

Yea I obey the law, if I get a traffic ticket I pay, thats about the worst.
More should try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or