U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not possible. If you're a liberal, then you support the entitlement system in America as it stands. Every time someone speaks of reform, you folks start crying about "killing granny" and "starving children." This is defacto support for illegal immigrants because, while you purport to have severe disdain for illegal immigration, you willingly turn a blinde eye when reports of illegals obtaining support from our entitlement system come out.

It's not possible to say you hate illegal immigration when in fact you won't take any proactive steps to stop it, or even demand that your liberal representatives in DC, including the President, to stop coddling illegals through other peoples hard-earned tax dollars, and even worse through amnesty programs.

So, please, stop acting like "we're on the same page." Because we're not. Not even close.
Please read my post again. Sheesh!

Not all liberals believe in the full on "lib" agenda and not all conservative people are 100 per cent behind all conservative beliefs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not possible. If you're a liberal, then you support the entitlement system in America as it stands. Every time someone speaks of reform, you folks start crying about "killing granny" and "starving children." This is defacto support for illegal immigrants because, while you purport to have severe disdain for illegal immigration, you willingly turn a blinde eye when reports of illegals obtaining support from our entitlement system come out.

It's not possible to say you hate illegal immigration when in fact you won't take any proactive steps to stop it, or even demand that your liberal representatives in DC, including the President, to stop coddling illegals through other peoples hard-earned tax dollars, and even worse through amnesty programs.

So, please, stop acting like "we're on the same page." Because we're not. Not even close.
And conservatives have no problem with welfare for corporations. Hard working Americans get told to drop dead if they can't afford health care so some nitwit can buy his third house.



Conservatives adore illegals. They're docile, cheap and any real costs can be passed on to Joe Taxpayer.

A GED. Eighty percent of all Americans have at least a high school diploma (a higher standard than a lousy GED) and these arrogant, pathetic, lazy, stupid twits are whining that we dare hold them to the most minimal educational standards imaginable to get unearned and undeserved American citizenship.

Instead of thanking us for giving them an amazing and wholly undeserved racially based opportunity in the teeth of a terrible recession all they can think to do is complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
 
31,513 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
And conservatives have no problem with welfare for corporations. Hard working Americans get told to drop dead if they can't afford health care so some nitwit can buy his third house.



Conservatives adore illegals. They're docile, cheap and any real costs can be passed on to Joe Taxpayer.

A GED. Eighty percent of all Americans have at least a high school diploma (a higher standard than a lousy GED) and these arrogant, pathetic, lazy, stupid twits are whining that we dare hold them to the most minimal educational standards imaginable to get unearned and undeserved American citizenship.

Instead of thanking us for giving them an amazing and wholly undeserved racially based opportunity in the teeth of a terrible recession all they can think to do is complain.
I will have to disagree with you here. Both conservatives and the Democrats love the cheap, illegal labor. There are just as many rich Democrats who own businesses as there are conservatives. It isn't conservatives that are pushing amnesty either or pandering to Hispanics for votes.

The rest of your post I totally agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Reputation: 26673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not possible. If you're a liberal, then you support the entitlement system in America as it stands. Every time someone speaks of reform, you folks start crying about "killing granny" and "starving children." This is defacto support for illegal immigrants because, while you purport to have severe disdain for illegal immigration, you willingly turn a blinde eye when reports of illegals obtaining support from our entitlement system come out.

It's not possible to say you hate illegal immigration when in fact you won't take any proactive steps to stop it, or even demand that your liberal representatives in DC, including the President, to stop coddling illegals through other peoples hard-earned tax dollars, and even worse through amnesty programs.

So, please, stop acting like "we're on the same page." Because we're not. Not even close.
I don't vote a straight party ticket. I'll be voting for Obama for president (not enthusiastically either), but also for Pete Sessions for Congress. Look up his record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Oak Park, IL
405 posts, read 358,445 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberal ideology, not conservative ideology, is what enabled this "professor" to formulate such a nauseating comment. If you're very much "anti-illegal immigration" then you might want to re-evaluate where your true ideology stands. Something as important as illegal immigration and yet only one side of the fence finds the sympathy and coddling towards these criminals. Guess what. It aint' conservatives. Time for some introspection it sounds like to me.
What about all those construction, food service, landscaping and other services provided by illegals that conservatives took advantage of, both as employers and as consumers? Isn't that also coddling? Please discuss...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
None of them were concerned about a high school education, a GED, or learning English until it became a requirement for DACA. Now thery're facing insurmountable hurdles? They should have thought of that before quitting school where they were given a free education, which they obviously didn't appreciate or value.

As for the girl who quit school because she got pregnant---Whose fault was that? The guy who quit when his father was deported? The family could have gone with him if it was too hard for them to get by without him.
So true. We provide a free public school education for anyone who chooses to take advantage of the opportunity. If illegals don't have a high school diploma or GED, it's their own fault. In my opinion, they should not qualify for DACA unless they have already completed high school or received a GED as of the June effective date. Most are only enrolling now to qualify for DACA. Let's not forget, they are only required to be "enrolled" in school. There is no requirement for them to complete their education. This is just another program they will scam to remain here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
 
31,513 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
What about all those construction, food service, landscaping and other services provided by illegals that conservatives took advantage of, both as employers and as consumers? Isn't that also coddling? Please discuss...
Any employer who has hired illegal immigrants to work the jobs that you described that Americans will do and have always done should be severely punished. It isn't just conservatives who have hired illegal immigrants because it isn't just conservatives who own businesses. I don't know what you mean by coddling. Employers who hire them do so to increase their profits at the expense of the American worker. The pandering to Hispanics for votes on this issue is mostly coming from the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Reputation: 27519
Gee, education is now a "barrier" ? I would think you don't want uneducated people no matter what the program.
And here we thought this program was for all those "dreamies"..you know the ones that were getting college degrees but couldn't get jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not possible. If you're a liberal, then you support the entitlement system in America as it stands. Every time someone speaks of reform, you folks start crying about "killing granny" and "starving children." This is defacto support for illegal immigrants because, while you purport to have severe disdain for illegal immigration, you willingly turn a blinde eye when reports of illegals obtaining support from our entitlement system come out.

It's not possible to say you hate illegal immigration when in fact you won't take any proactive steps to stop it, or even demand that your liberal representatives in DC, including the President, to stop coddling illegals through other peoples hard-earned tax dollars, and even worse through amnesty programs.

So, please, stop acting like "we're on the same page." Because we're not. Not even close.
Actually you're wrong -- Walter Mondale was a liberal and so was Cesar Chavez and they were against the open borders and illegal immigration. Liberals that care about wages and jobs for Americans would be against illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
What about all those construction, food service, landscaping and other services provided by illegals that conservatives took advantage of, both as employers and as consumers? Isn't that also coddling? Please discuss...
And look at the Pelosi millions -- made off the same ultra cheap illegal labor that Cesar Chavez fought against. The Pelosi family was one of the greedy growers that crushed the UFW. Greed exists on both sides, there are the greedy elite liberals like the Pelosis that got very rich breaking labor and immigration laws but there are greedy elite republicans also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top