U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

No English required. Illegals are not expected to adapt or make any real effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
No matter what our stance is policically speaking, as Americans born in this Country, anyone with pride, should be offended at the whole immigration mess we are experiencing.

All of it that as Americans we experience and feel. We ought not be able to be treated as second hand citizens, when as Citizens of this great Country, we ought to come first!

If you want all the perks of living in this Country, then by golly come here the way my ancestors did, and most of yours.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 AM

31,476 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And look at the Pelosi millions -- made off the same ultra cheap illegal labor that Cesar Chavez fought against. The Pelosi family was one of the greedy growers that crushed the UFW. Greed exists on both sides, there are the greedy elite liberals like the Pelosis that got very rich breaking labor and immigration laws but there are greedy elite republicans also.
You're right. There are rich Democrats that use the cheap, illegal labor also but to hear the left talk it is only rich Republicans that do. The left demonizes the right for this and yet it is they that want illegal immigrants to be able to remain here and continue to deflate wages and take jobs that Americans need so the rich can get richer. How twisted is that?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Actually you're wrong -- Walter Mondale was a liberal and so was Cesar Chavez and they were against the open borders and illegal immigration. Liberals that care about wages and jobs for Americans would be against illegal immigration.
This is true. I think the more pro-labor/pro-union a liberal is, the more they would be against illegal immigration.

I'm vehemently anti-illegal and while I wouldn't say I LOVE unions, I think they can still serve a purpose in many ways.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
And look at the Pelosi millions -- made off the same ultra cheap illegal labor that Cesar Chavez fought against. The Pelosi family was one of the greedy growers that crushed the UFW. Greed exists on both sides, there are the greedy elite liberals like the Pelosis that got very rich breaking labor and immigration laws but there are greedy elite republicans also.
Not to mention Harry Reid, a staunch Democrat from Nevada, which is full of illegal aliens. The hotels and casinios love the cheap illegal labor. They back Reid, and he knows which side his bread is buttered on, so he's another rich Demicrat who supports illegal aliens. John Kerry, through his wife's company, benefits from illegal aliens who pick the tomatoes for all Hunts tomato products. I don't know what would give people the idea that Democratic politicians and businessmen aren't as wealthy as Republicans.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:23 PM

31,476 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Not to mention Harry Reid, a staunch Democrat from Nevada, which is full of illegal aliens. The hotels and casinios love the cheap illegal labor. They back Reid, and he knows which side his bread is buttered on, so he's another rich Demicrat who supports illegal aliens. John Kerry, through his wife's company, benefits from illegal aliens who pick the tomatoes for all Hunts tomato products. I don't know what would give people the idea that Democratic politicians and businessmen aren't as wealthy as Republicans.
Me neither but the left is always accusing the rich Republican businessmen as being the ones who like the cheap, illegal labor. On your list I would add Pelosi who has been rumored to use illegal immigrants to work in her grape vineyards.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM

11,920 posts, read 13,249,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
What about all those construction, food service, landscaping and other services provided by illegals that conservatives took advantage of, both as employers and as consumers? Isn't that also coddling? Please discuss...
Simple. They drove the honest competition out of business with their low, low prices. The only businesses left are those that employ cheap migrant labor. Jose caused honest Joe to loose his honest paying job, so he can no longer afford anything but the lowest price when he needs work done, if he's consuming at all. Joe is lucky if he can even support his family, while tax payers are subsiding Jose's rock bottom wages. Joe used to pay taxes, but that was before Jose decided to break the law and sneak into America. Now Joe must also compete for government assistance, because the only opportunities available for him anymore can no longer cover the cost of living.

Today, businesses cite unsteady consumer demand as one of the biggest challenges to doing business in this country. Why? I would suggest too many Jose's, and not enough GAINFULLY employed Joes. Economic terrorism...

Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Tough luck, get back in line.
I think it's perfectly legitimate to bar access to them because there are waiting lists, said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center of Immigration Studies, a think tank that supports tighter immigration controls. I mean, there's obviously limited resources and in an environment of limited resources, allowing illegal immigrants to enroll would mean that legal immigrants or American citizens would not be able to get classes ... that's just math. There's no way to avoid that.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Me neither but the left is always accusing the rich Republican businessmen as being the ones who like the cheap, illegal labor. On your list I would add Pelosi who has been rumored to use illegal immigrants to work in her grape vineyards.
Pelosi and her husband own hotels too. I'd be willing to bet 99% of their housekeeping staff is made up of illegal aliens.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Pelosi and her husband own hotels too. I'd be willing to bet 99% of their housekeeping staff is made up of illegal aliens.
True.

Generally the pro-open borders types are three groups.

1. The illegals themselves who think they should not be expected to abide by any law that inconveniences them, and believe that anyone from their homeland should be allowed to come here -- in unlimited numbers, no restrictions whatsoever. Groups like La Raza who don't necessarily believe in unlimited immigration from Europe or Haiti or Asia -- but no one from a hispanic country is obliged to follow any immigration law of this country.

2. Those who financially benefit from having unlimited numbers of illegals coming here because it brings the labor costs way down.

3. Some bleeding heart types who view the USA as the world's flophouse and believe we can bring in the over 2 billion impoverished of the world and give them all the good life here. No one should have to reform anything in their own country -- because these bleeding hearts really believe we can take in the entire world's poor and uneducated and make everything fine for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration