U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:45 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Saw it in Dallas on a $1.5 million home they're building across the street from mom and dad.
And how did you determine that they were illegal aliens? What was your discovery process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
I thought Illegals did the work us citizens wont do, as in construction? (which is complete crap) So applying that ,yea the were most likely illegal.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 AM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
I would never, for the life of me, live in any house built by illegals after I have seen the terrible work they do and have done in some of my families' homes in NM and AZ.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default where to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i just happy i work in banking and i'm want to move to NC next year. needless to say i'm very worried about these illegals detracting from the quality of life down there. illegals have nothing better to do than to mess up americans lives. Now a desperate well-qualified man with a needy family cant get hired over an illegal? If this dude in the OP can get passed over for cheap labor that aint cheap to the rest of america who else will these cheap-a** employers pass over?
you will soon find that illegals are everywhere and that is why the public is waking up about it. No longer can you simply not live in LA to avoid it. So it is time to take a stand because America as a whole is becoming a sanctuary country...

Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM

And of course the illegals are helping America's demise, exactly what they want.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM

348 posts, read 914,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
I would never, for the life of me, live in any house built by illegals after I have seen the terrible work they do and have done in some of my families' homes in NM and AZ.
But how can you be sure that you don't...short of only buying OLD construction, which quite frankly I love a 100 year old house better than anything new...I guess only then we know they were built by American hands and quality

Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Because where I live is in a house we bought over 45 years ago. Also, it would not take anyone with a brain that much time to research the builder and all who are and had been involved in the building of any home in this country. I know the builder personally wjho built our home and it will stand long after these new ones have fallen in to the ground.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
And how did you determine that they were illegal aliens? What was your discovery process?
Because the crew changed every day and one day I happened to be in traffic behind the pickup truck that carried them back to their day laborer site.

I also have a friend here in Dallas who confirmed that the construction company building that particular house uses illegals almost exclusively. He's in construction himself and admits to using illegal immigrants. He claims he won't get caught because he has a relative working at I.C.E. who can keep it under wraps.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
I was watching a crew the other day -- there's no way you could even work with them if you can't speak Spanish. And I wonder how they would treat you even if you could speak the ranchera-slang illiterate idiomatic version commonly heard

Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I was watching a crew the other day -- there's no way you could even work with them if you can't speak Spanish. And I wonder how they would treat you even if you could speak the ranchera-slang illiterate idiomatic version commonly heard
When I first got back from abroad I stayed with my parents while I waited for my TH to be ready for me to move in. I could hear the Tejano music blasting across the street even with the doors/windows shut and the TV on...and this is in north Dallas, where even the older ranch houses go for $300-$500k and the new McMansions are all $1m plus. You can't get away from it anywhere in this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or