Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:48 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times

Advertisements

Please help! Family in desperate need of work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 09:04 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
We had the same problem in NC!!!!!! Thats what happens when it goes unchecked. People lose work. But I guess as long as the illegals get their rights it is ok.

Last edited by Nea1; 10-09-2007 at 09:13 AM..

Old 10-09-2007, 09:11 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
We had the same problem in NC!!!!!! Thats hat happens when it goes unchecked. People lose work. But I guess as long as the illegals get their rights it is ok.

Yup...that about sums it up unfortunately...I hate to hear of Americans losing work...but then the illegals are only doing jobs that Americans won't do

Old 10-09-2007, 11:43 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
In today's paper, Engle Homes is having to hire a Wall St. consultant to figure out why their company is in such trouble. Could it be the quality of construction? In our state we use primarily migrant work forces that as soon as they cross the border, they become drywallers, carpenters, electricians. Wonder when big business will wake up? Can't we import some Danish carpenters or heaven forbid, pay a living wage to an American. Yeah, yeah, I know the price of homes will go up, but I am willing to pay more for goods and services and keep my country.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
In today's paper, Engle Homes is having to hire a Wall St. consultant to figure out why their company is in such trouble. Could it be the quality of construction? In our state we use primarily migrant work forces that as soon as they cross the border, they become drywallers, carpenters, electricians. Wonder when big business will wake up? Can't we import some Danish carpenters or heaven forbid, pay a living wage to an American. Yeah, yeah, I know the price of homes will go up, but I am willing to pay more for goods and services and keep my country.
Being in construction, I have to say I agree. Craftsmanship is gone, Now it is slap them up as fast as you can. Recently my husband had to put his bags on to reverse the plumbing, not only did they put it in reverse, hot and cold, but put in it backwards, how I have no idea!!! This is a daily thing for my husband.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM

537 posts, read 441,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Not to mention that the homes that the illegals build or work on are such shabby work, it is really scary. They do terrible work and they even deficate behind a wall and then wall it in. They have been caught at it. I heard this from some family who lives in NM and told me that one home in NM actually broke in half because of the shoddy work.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
These days...nothing a little caulk cant "fix". Doesnt anyone realize the poor quality of these homes is due to the labor? It is pathetic. I will only hire legal workers for anything, if I cant find them I do my own work.

I see illegals framing 1+ million dollar homes, all the buyers care ablout is if the molding looks good....

Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 PM

348 posts, read 1,021,361 times
Scary...nothing that an illegal has built here, will still be standing in a hundred years, like the wonderful construction of our forefathers.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:32 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
i just happy i work in banking and i'm want to move to NC next year. needless to say i'm very worried about these illegals detracting from the quality of life down there. illegals have nothing better to do than to mess up americans lives. Now a desperate well-qualified man with a needy family cant get hired over an illegal? If this dude in the OP can get passed over for cheap labor that aint cheap to the rest of america who else will these cheap-a** employers pass over?

Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
These days...nothing a little caulk cant "fix". Doesnt anyone realize the poor quality of these homes is due to the labor? It is pathetic. I will only hire legal workers for anything, if I cant find them I do my own work.

I see illegals framing 1+ million dollar homes, all the buyers care ablout is if the molding looks good....
Saw it in Dallas on a $1.5 million home they're building across the street from mom and dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration