Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Arizona Republic article (broken link)

Many of the illegal immigrants here have adopted a wait and see attitude hoping the employer sanctions law will be overturned-------otherwise come December, the illegals will be leaving en masse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 08:07 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Many of the illegal immigrants here have adopted a wait and see attitude hoping the employer sanctions law will be overturned-------otherwise come December, the illegals will be leaving en masse
I think Utah, Oregon and the other couple of states will be rethinking their illegal stance here in awhile!!!!!!!!!

My question is why is this law being called unconstitutional? We have every right to enforce our laws. And another, one person asked why now is he not welcome? Why did he ever think he was. 13 years and you cant get legal. Give me a break.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think Utah, Oregon and the other couple of states will be rethinking their illegal stance here in awhile!!!!!!!!!

My question is why is this law being called unconstitutional? We have every right to enforce our laws. And another, one person asked why now is he not welcome? Why did he ever think he was. 13 years and you cant get legal. Give me a break.
I totally agree! Lets just enforce the laws that we have right now!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:47 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default well maybe

Quote:

Well maybe if they pass an amnesty bill we can just have that "reformed" or say that it is also unconstitutional and call them the racists...If these illegals are allowed to stay this is going to set the stage for a lawless society....

Old 10-08-2007, 03:53 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:

What the pro-illegal alien enthusiasts are saying is that the law is unconstitutional because the state of Arizona doesn't have the legal authority to enforce federal law. They're saying immigration law and policy is a federal concern, and the states have no legal authority to pass laws intended to enforce federal immigration policy.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Well maybe if they pass an amnesty bill we can just have that "reformed" or say that it is also unconstitutional and call them the racists...If these illegals are allowed to stay this is going to set the stage for a lawless society....
I'm hoping we are getting past the point where we run and hide just because someone who's breaking our laws chooses to call us racist. But in the past it has been proven to be a very successful way of shutting people up.

And I agree the illegals here are setting the stage for a lawless society, you can already see it in areas that are swamped with illegal aliens.

But the real problem deporting the illegal aliens isn't the federal government refusing enforcing our laws. The real problem is too many Americans either actually want illegals here, or they want our border secured and are willing to let the ones already here stay and become legal.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default yes but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
What the pro-illegal alien enthusiasts are saying is that the law is unconstitutional because the state of Arizona doesn't have the legal authority to enforce federal law. They're saying immigration law and policy is a federal concern, and the states have no legal authority to pass laws intended to enforce federal immigration policy.
The states can enforce laws where licenses, state benefits and such are only given to people that are here legally and it can be verified. And if the feds dont want to do their job, the states should unify and sue the government.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,505 times
Quote:

Which way will they be heading? Don't send them east, we have our fair share Now's the perfect time to hand out maps to mexico

Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:

Todays paper I read (or was it yesterday's?) that even though they are waiting to see what will happen, the MAJORITY of them don't feel that the laws will be enforced in the first place! I have to agree, I doubt the laws will ever be enforced here. Not really, maybe once in a while for a media op.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
I think things are changing all over. I think some are in for a big surprise!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration