U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 04:09 PM

31,923 posts, read 14,712,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Per the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Now, regarding the fear-mongers who claim that there are a significant number of illegal immigrants who spend their time plotting on how they can sneak in and vote in elections....give it a rest. I am well connected to the Hispanic community and this couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know anyone who is undocumented who is stupid enough to risk deportation by trying to vote. These people may have their own political views, but their main focus is on making some money to support their family, not on electing our leaders.
Under the Obama administration illegal immigrants have no fear of deportation unless they have a felony on their record. I firmly believe that they are being recruited to vote by citizens with an agenda to get certain politicans elected.

No one has the right to come here illegally and take a job they have no right to. Americans have families to support also. Illegal immigrants are also a tax burden to us. I guess they don't care that they are making a better life for themselves while downgrading our lives and our families lives.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-20-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,285,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I firmly believe that they are being recruited to vote by citizens with an agenda to get certain politicans elected.
Yeah, well I can't stop you from believing what you believe....but you're way off base on this. It isn't happening.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Quote:
Yeah, well I can't stop you from believing what you believe....but you're way off base on this. It isn't happening.
And how do you know this?

Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Per the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Now, regarding the fear-mongers who claim that there are a significant number of illegal immigrants who spend their time plotting on how they can sneak in and vote in elections....give it a rest. I am well connected to the Hispanic community and this couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know anyone who is undocumented who is stupid enough to risk deportation by trying to vote. These people may have their own political views, but their main focus is on making some money to support their family, not on electing our leaders.
You may not "know" any illegals who vote in our elections, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't. Furthermore, how would you know if they are voting? You can't actually believe they would share that info with you. Likewise, you may not know any illegal alien ID thieves, but it is common knowledge that ID theft among illegal aliens is rampant.

Why do you believe illegals will be deported for voting in our elections, or for that matter, would even get caught? Remember, there is no verification process in place to ascertain citizenship status. And, efforts to require ID for voting are considered unnecessary and racist. Plus, illegals don't fear deportation. Otherwise, they would not routinely drive drunk, or commit myriad other crimes. In addition, Obama has ordered ICE not to apprehend illegal aliens unless they have a conviction for a violent crime. Since voter fraud is not considered a violent crime, even if caught voting, they will not be deported. If, by chance, they are deported, it is not uncommon for them to return after deportation 10 times or more. So, deportation is obviously not a deterrent. In fact, illegals consider it a joke, which it is.

Obama has promised amnesty, while Romney claims he is opposed to any amnesty effort. So, why would they not want to influence our presidential election? Yes, they want to make money and support their families. They certainly can't continue to work here if they're forced to leave, can they? They have proven to have no respect for our laws. Why would our voting laws be an exception, especially if they believe an Obama defeat will result in immigration enforcement and ultimately their self-deportation? Clearly, they have much at stake in this election, and will not think twice about violating our voting laws to remain here. In fact, they will commit ANY crime and violate ANY law to continue to enjoy their U.S. gravy train.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,427,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You may not "know" any illegals who vote in our elections, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't. Furthermore, how would you know if they are voting? You can't actually believe they would share that info with you. Likewise, you may not know any illegal alien ID thieves, but it is common knowledge that ID theft among illegal aliens is rampant.

Why do you believe illegals will be deported for voting in our elections, or for that matter, would even get caught? Remember, there is no verification process in place to ascertain citizenship status. And, efforts to require ID for voting are considered unnecessary and racist. Plus, illegals don't fear deportation. Otherwise, they would not routinely drive drunk, or commit myriad other crimes. In addition, Obama has ordered ICE not to apprehend illegal aliens unless they have a conviction for a violent crime. Since voter fraud is not considered a violent crime, even if caught voting, they will not be deported. If, by chance, they are deported, it is not uncommon for them to return after deportation 10 times or more. So, deportation is obviously not a deterrent. In fact, illegals consider it a joke, which it is.

Obama has promised amnesty, while Romney claims he is opposed to any amnesty effort. So, why would they not want to influence our presidential election? Yes, they want to make money and support their families. They certainly can't continue to work here if they're forced to leave, can they? They have proven to have no respect for our laws. Why would our voting laws be an exception, especially if they believe an Obama defeat will result in immigration enforcement and ultimately their self-deportation? Clearly, they have much at stake in this election, and will not think twice about violating our voting laws to remain here. In fact, they will commit ANY crime and violate ANY law to continue to enjoy their U.S. gravy train.

Exactly. They risk life and limb to get here to enjoy the good life at the expense of we the taxpayers. They also know which side their bread is buttered on and who will no doubt continue to butter it. So yes they can and will go to the polls in droves. The results of not going will risk uncertainty for their future occupancy on the American gravy train.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I know alot of people who obtain false/stolen IDs in order to obtain employment in this country. This is widely done here as the documents are cheap and easy to come by in every major U.S. City. Why? Because people are willing to risk death, deportation, arrest and continual mistreatment in order to make money to support themselves and their families. Nobody cares that much about voting that they would risk deportation though...please use some common sense. I'll throw out another example of why I firmly believe this. Take my neighborhood for example. It is 40% Hispanic, of which the vast majority are undocumented. I've gone to vote several times in our neighborhood community center. Each time I go there is a line a few hundred people long. I'm not kidding you when I say that I have yet to see a single person of Hispanic descent going to vote. Not one. That tell you anything?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Quote:
I know alot of people who obtain false/stolen IDs in order to obtain employment in this country. This is widely done here as the documents are cheap and easy to come by in every major U.S. City. Why? Because people are willing to risk death, deportation, arrest and continual mistreatment in order to make money to support themselves and their families. Nobody cares that much about voting that they would risk deportation though...please use some common sense. I'll throw out another example of why I firmly believe this. Take my neighborhood for example. It is 40% Hispanic, of which the vast majority are undocumented. I've gone to vote several times in our neighborhood community center. Each time I go there is a line a few hundred people long. I'm not kidding you when I say that I have yet to see a single person of Hispanic descent going to vote. Not one. That tell you anything?
All they have to do is show up to vote -- they cannot be asked for a picture ID, they cannot be asked to show proof of citizenship.

Obviously they vote or you wouldn't have such blatant pandering for their vote. Obviously "dream acts" aren't to benefit American citizens in any way, yet that's one of the big pandering points in this election, and obviously amnesty for all illegals -- but they got to get out and vote of course.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM

31,923 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Quote:
Really? Did you know that 10 million Hispanics voted in the last election but you never saw one Hispanic voting? As was pointed out to you by a couple of us in here illegal immigrants have no fear of deportation unless they have a felony record via Obama's orders.

There are several Hispanic organizations/politicans that are recruiting Hispanics (and I use that word loosely) to vote so you might want to use some common sense and logic on this one. The state of Florida alone has discovered fraudulent voting.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
By your own admission, they will do anything to remain here, including willing to risk arrest and deportation. If they believe an Obama victory will guarantee their continued presence in this country, why would they not vote? Why would they make an exception for our voting laws given their willingness to ignore all laws? That doesn't make sense.

You can't seriously believe your small community is representative of the entire Hispanic population, legal or illegal. Oldglory is right. At least 10 million Hispanics voted in the last presidential election. Obviously, Hispanics ARE voting. If they aren't voting, why do you think Obama is pandering for their vote? In fact, that's the only reason he issued orders for DACA. Furthermore, Hispanic is not a race. So, how do you know none of the Hispanics in your community are voting? I was married to a so-called Hispanic. I assure you, if you saw him, "Hispanic" would not come to mind. But then, he is only considered Hispanic by the U.S. Government because he was born in a Spanish-speaking country. He has no Spanish ancestry, and had his birthplace been France or Italy (his ancestry), he would not be considered Hispanic. This is precisely why we both use the term "so-called Hispanic" in reference to him.

Perhaps you'd like to explain how illegal aliens are being mistreated. From my observation, despite the fact that they are here in violation of our laws, are stealing IDs, committing fraud, bankrupting states, closing hospitals, and are an overall burden to taxpayers, this country has been more than generous. If they don't like their treatment, why don't they leave?

BTW, click the following links if you believe illegal aliens aren't interested in our presidential election. Also, read the other threads on their forum. Clearly, these illegal aliens are VERY concerned.

A few comments. . .

Quote:
Getting Obama elected is more important.
Quote:
will this has an impact on obama election?
Quote:
ohio, arizona, florida, colorado, nevada are within reach.. dreamers must advocate for obama in these states. Otherwise, kiss your EAD goodbye.
Quote:
I got close to 50 people to vote for Obama. Most of them will be voting my mail.
Moderator cut: please don't link to other forums

Last edited by Yac; 10-23-2012 at 02:02 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM

P.S. Nobody is disputing that 10 million Hispanics voted in the last election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or