U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,258,422 times

Advertisements

[quote=PurpleRain_1;26569612][quote]Rep. Dicks' letter presents alarming concerns. Below are the key excerpts from the 15-page letter explaining current sequestration requirements and what they mean for immigration and border security. Note that only border agents dealing with enforcement are cut; no U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) personnel are included because the agency is almost entirely funded by fees paid by immigrants, businesses, etc. USCIS is responsible for implementing President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) administrative amnesty and is necessary to process applications from those illegal aliens seeking to take advantage of the program.
Quote:

3,400 Border Patrol Agents on the Chopping Block | Center for Immigration Studies

I have no doubt the treasonous one will move quickly to end our sovereignty before he is booted out of office.
Good, let's lower the federal deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,460,484 times
Someone needs to ask Romney if he will hire them back...........Im sure he will give a solid definite NON answer.this is what makes me sick....

Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,423,613 times
[quote=Cruz Azul Guy;26594122][quote=PurpleRain_1;26569612]
Quote:
Rep. Dicks' letter presents alarming concerns. Below are the key excerpts from the 15-page letter explaining current sequestration requirements and what they mean for immigration and border security. Note that only border agents dealing with enforcement are cut; no U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) personnel are included because the agency is almost entirely funded by fees paid by immigrants, businesses, etc. USCIS is responsible for implementing President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) administrative amnesty and is necessary to process applications from those illegal aliens seeking to take advantage of the program.

Good, let's lower the federal deficit.
I agree with lowering the federal deficit however I think enforcement is a better solution:

Quote:
Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement

The cost of amnesty: $999 billion.
The cost of attrition by enforcement: as little as $14 billion.
Amnesty would cost up to 70 times as much as enforcing existing law.

$999 billion cost of Amnesty (Mass Legalization)
  • Source: The Heritage Foundation
    Summary: The Heritage Foundation issued two studies in 2007 pointing out that the big problem with mass legalization is that (a) most illegal aliens are low-skilled and therefore do not earn enough money to pay enough taxes to cover the government benefits they receive; and (b), amnesty would eventually make them eligible for the full array of welfare and medical benefits offered by local, state and federal governments. They found the cost of allowing illegal aliens to remain in the United States, and eventually to become citizens, would be $3.7 trillion through the year 2056. That works out to a present cost of $1 trillion, at a 5 percent discount rate. In other words, immediately upon passage of an amnesty bill, the United States government would need to put $1 trillion into an investment earning 5 percent per year if it were honest about paying for the costs of amnesty.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...forcement.html

Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,142,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's so sad to see this country relinquish its sovereignty. But, that's exactly what is happening. I believe we will soon see the dismantling of the Border Patrol on our southern border. I am so disgusted by Obama I can hardly stand the sight of him anymore. The fact that I voted for him makes me nauseous.
Makes me nauseous too. He has ruined our lives and any hope of a retirement.....

Old 10-21-2012, 04:26 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,423,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's so sad to see this country relinquish its sovereignty. But, that's exactly what is happening. I believe we will soon see the dismantling of the Border Patrol on our southern border. I am so disgusted by Obama I can hardly stand the sight of him anymore. The fact that I voted for him makes me nauseous.
+1. I feel the same way. It looks like he's losing momentum daily in the polls. Here's hoping those of us that are eligible to vote will far out number the illegals at the polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or