U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really what difference does it make? Obama implemented DACA without the approval of congress. Illegal immigrants shouldn't be able to petition for anything and they shouldn't get any work authorizations especially with 23 million unemployed Americans.
It matters because the terminology used by "malamute" is totally false. There is no "work visa" - Telling a story that a lawyer submitted an I-765 or full DACA petitioning for someone without their knowledge, much less saying that it would be approved so quickly (on the heels of an immigration violation), has absolutely no authenticity to it.

More humorous than the story being bought hook, line, and sinker, is the lack of questioning of why he doesn't do something about it. I can even provide him the phone number to the DHS office in El Paso. But he'll continue to string you guys along, because he likes the ability to storytell more.

The Obama administration wasn't the ones to put the I-765 petitioning (work-authorization for non-immigrants) in place. I even filed two of them several years ago (they were rejected) - But whom I filled the forms out for knew I was sending them in.

You guys are playing on comedy here - Stories that have no truth to them, unsourced "information", pseudonym authored articles, and an unwillingness to accept valid data. Why resort to such tactics if support of your stance would be obvious?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM
 
31,943 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It matters because the terminology used by "malamute" is totally false. There is no "work visa" - Telling a story that a lawyer submitted an I-765 or full DACA petitioning for someone without their knowledge, much less saying that it would be approved so quickly (on the heels of an immigration violation), has absolutely no authenticity to it.

More humorous than the story being bought hook, line, and sinker, is the lack of questioning of why he doesn't do something about it. I can even provide him the phone number to the DHS office in El Paso. But he'll continue to string you guys along, because he likes the ability to storytell more.

The Obama administration wasn't the ones to put the I-765 petitioning (work-authorization for non-immigrants) in place. I even filed two of them several years ago (they were rejected) - But whom I filled the forms out for knew I was sending them in.

You guys are playing on comedy here - Stories that have no truth to them, unsourced "information", pseudonym authored articles, and an unwillingness to accept valid data. Why resort to such tactics if support of your stance would be obvious?
"You" guys? I haven't told any stories in here so leave me out of this. All I have said is that illegal immigrants shouldn't get any work permits. I assure you I don't use "tactics" nor can you pin any on me. My "main" objection to illegal immigration is about the rule of law aka our immigration laws which some in here obviously care nothing about. IMO, no one should be rewarded for being here illegally even if their parents brought them here.

As for our stance, isn't respecting our immigration laws and wanting them to be enforced the right stance for an American to have? I have read every lame excuse in the book in defense of illegal immigrants and then calling those of us who want our immigration laws enforced all kinds of unwarrented names. Why do they resort to "those" tactics? I may have missed it but I don't recall you calling them out on it in this forum.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-04-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,273 times
Reputation: 10
Illegal immigration is illegal no matter how you put it, no matter what icing you ad to it to make it palatable. We all know the effects of illegal immigration and our govt. leaders just dont care about enforcing current laws in regard to illegal immigration. They want to sugar coat it for votes. So, why do we even have a border anymore? Why not make Mexico and all of South America a territory of the U.S. Heck, then we could impose taxes to pay for these social programs across the board. No more illegal statuses, no more milking American taxpayers and no more NAFTA which killed American industry because of that 14yr clause that expired in 2008. Then everyone will have to pay their way just as we do today.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It matters because the terminology used by "malamute" is totally false. There is no "work visa" - Telling a story that a lawyer submitted an I-765 or full DACA petitioning for someone without their knowledge, much less saying that it would be approved so quickly (on the heels of an immigration violation), has absolutely no authenticity to it.

More humorous than the story being bought hook, line, and sinker, is the lack of questioning of why he doesn't do something about it. I can even provide him the phone number to the DHS office in El Paso. But he'll continue to string you guys along, because he likes the ability to storytell more.

The Obama administration wasn't the ones to put the I-765 petitioning (work-authorization for non-immigrants) in place. I even filed two of them several years ago (they were rejected) - But whom I filled the forms out for knew I was sending them in.

You guys are playing on comedy here - Stories that have no truth to them, unsourced "information", pseudonym authored articles, and an unwillingness to accept valid data. Why resort to such tactics if support of your stance would be obvious?
No, Obama didn't for "non-immigrants." But, he DID for illegal aliens, here in flagrant violation of our laws. And, he even made taxpayers foot the bill.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Reputation: 22174
Well now if Obama fulfills his big promises to them, they'll find the route to citizenship extremely and incredibly easy. Just get here illegally, you will not be deported and you will soon be a citizen. Obama has basically said that anyone who gets here illegally can expect to become a citizen and will not have to worry how to pay for college or obtain a mortage.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well now if Obama fulfills his big promises to them, they'll find the route to citizenship extremely and incredibly easy. Just get here illegally, you will not be deported and you will soon be a citizen. Obama has basically said that anyone who gets here illegally can expect to become a citizen and will not have to worry how to pay for college or obtain a mortage.
Most probably won't need a mortgage. Why should they bother? They can easily live in Section 8 housing at taxpayers' expense, with Obama's blessing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It matters because the terminology used by "malamute" is totally false. There is no "work visa" - Telling a story that a lawyer submitted an I-765 or full DACA petitioning for someone without their knowledge, much less saying that it would be approved so quickly (on the heels of an immigration violation), has absolutely no authenticity to it.

More humorous than the story being bought hook, line, and sinker, is the lack of questioning of why he doesn't do something about it. I can even provide him the phone number to the DHS office in El Paso. But he'll continue to string you guys along, because he likes the ability to storytell more.

The Obama administration wasn't the ones to put the I-765 petitioning (work-authorization for non-immigrants) in place. I even filed two of them several years ago (they were rejected) - But whom I filled the forms out for knew I was sending them in.

You guys are playing on comedy here - Stories that have no truth to them, unsourced "information", pseudonym authored articles, and an unwillingness to accept valid data. Why resort to such tactics if support of your stance would be obvious?
You obviously have no clue what is taking place all along the border and in many other parts of the country.

Yes --- most definitely this incident has taken place, that illegal was picked up helping transport illegals -- he was paid $100 a head for his role in the smuggling operations. He was detained for just two weeks, released and told by the lawyer he can get the work permit aka work visa as he is in the right age group. 100% fact -- but you don't live here, you wouldn't know.

Some are saying he probably agreed to give names and inside information on the group he was working for --- something else you aren't aware of -- all kinds of "soplones" are given permission to stay and El Paso and the surrounding areas are filled and filling with people who do not have an official right to live here, they come with the border crossing card and know that overstaying a visa is most definitely allowed under the Obama administration.

Obama is/was promising them full legal status --- anyone living here illegally, along with a fast track to US citizenship. It can't get much easier than that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, Obama didn't for "non-immigrants." But, he DID for illegal aliens, here in flagrant violation of our laws. And, he even made taxpayers foot the bill.
The I-765 (Application for work-authorization) has always been for "non-immigrants", because Legal Permanent Residents are fully work-authorized. It isn't some sort of "work visa", if you believe "malamute" terminology then you are misconstruing reality. I particularly enjoyed him relating a story of how he overheard a woman in a "welfare office", without saying how he would have been witnessing the event.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You obviously have no clue what is taking place all along the border and in many other parts of the country.

Yes --- most definitely this incident has taken place, that illegal was picked up helping transport illegals -- he was paid $100 a head for his role in the smuggling operations. He was detained for just two weeks, released and told by the lawyer he can get the work permit aka work visa as he is in the right age group. 100% fact -- but you don't live here, you wouldn't know.

Some are saying he probably agreed to give names and inside information on the group he was working for --- something else you aren't aware of -- all kinds of "soplones" are given permission to stay and El Paso and the surrounding areas are filled and filling with people who do not have an official right to live here, they come with the border crossing card and know that overstaying a visa is most definitely allowed under the Obama administration.

Obama is/was promising them full legal status --- anyone living here illegally, along with a fast track to US citizenship. It can't get much easier than that.
Just your phrasing alone (in saying "work visa") is suspect. There is no "work visa", you are moving your target again when I have caught you on terminology. You are wrong on the details, which ultimately make your stories unbelievable.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
 
3,863 posts, read 3,177,056 times
Reputation: 2466
Isn't it amazing that Illegal Alien apologists always throw out rules and laws when arguing their positions, BUT coveniently leave out the fact that Illegal Aliens believe that they are " Special" and any and all laws don't apply to them !!!

Whatever the case may be Illegals will lie, cheat and steal if it benefits them , while they cry about "racism" if questioned about this.

They have proven this fact over and over. And this will continue if Americans fall for this once again.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top