U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,147,477 times

Advertisements

I will never understand why someone would think that by committing a illegal act they should then be placed at the front of line before others who followed the laws.I think they learn when the last amnesty bill came up under Bush that americans do not agre and 2008 was the last lie from politicans american are goig to fall for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 01:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The I-765 (Application for work-authorization) has always been for "non-immigrants", because Legal Permanent Residents are fully work-authorized. It isn't some sort of "work visa", if you believe "malamute" terminology then you are misconstruing reality. I particularly enjoyed him relating a story of how he overheard a woman in a "welfare office", without saying how he would have been witnessing the event.
Obama's new work visa to reward illegals is exactly that. It's a visa that authorizes them to work and of course stay in the USA but it does not make them legal permanent residents.

Where you are completely wrong is the legal permanent residents are not the only ones authorized to work. There are H2A visas that give no legal permanent status at all but allow someone to come here legally and work. And now Obama's visa allows them to come here illegally and work.

What you do is focus on one particular category - legal permanent residency - and fail to realize there MANY categories.

The border crossing card is not about legal permanent residents nor does is it any kind of work visa. There are great many kinds of visas -- and each visa restricts the holder to the activity or reason to which the visa was issued.

So you can become better educated about these topics:

Temporary Worker Visas

Temporary Worker Visas (get it??? the government itself refers to work visas)

USCIS - Working in the United States

Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker
A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Nonimmigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their nonimmigrant visa was issued.

Permanent (Immigrant) Worker
A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,017,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama's new work visa to reward illegals is exactly that. It's a visa that authorizes them to work and of course stay in the USA but it does not make them legal permanent residents...
The I-765 has nothing about it for the non-immigrant to remain within the United States, it provides work-authorization that is derivative to however long their non-immigrant status is. DACA applicants only file for an I-765 for work-authorization, they are in the same presence status if they do not file an I-765 or it is not approved, but they would not be able legally to work. NO ONE else, including USCIS, calls the I-765 a "Work Visa".

Quote:
...Where you are completely wrong is the legal permanent residents are not the only ones authorized to work. There are H2A visas that give no legal permanent status at all but allow someone to come here legally and work. And now Obama's visa allows them to come here illegally and work...
Re-read my comment:

Quote:
The I-765 (Application for work-authorization) has always been for "non-immigrants", because Legal Permanent Residents are fully work-authorized.
Where do I say that Legal Permanent Residents are the "only" ones work-authorized?...

Quote:
...What you do is focus on one particular category - legal permanent residency - and fail to realize there MANY categories...
Actually Legal Permanent Residency is not all in a single category...

Quote:
...The border crossing card is not about legal permanent residents nor does is it any kind of work visa. There are great many kinds of visas -- and each visa restricts the holder to the activity or reason to which the visa was issued.

So you can become better educated about these topics:

Temporary Worker Visas

Temporary Worker Visas (get it??? the government itself refers to work visas)

USCIS - Working in the United States

Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker
A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Nonimmigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their nonimmigrant visa was issued.

Permanent (Immigrant) Worker
A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.
All of these are different from an I-765, which is how a DACA applicant (and other non-immigrants that have a valid status to be temporarily present in the United States, but not to work unless they petition for it) receives work-authorization...

Your statements are degenerating into a comedy level of pointing me at USCIS links, when you need to look at the I-765 information there...

Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Your statements are degenerating into a comedy level of pointing me at USCIS links, when you need to look at the I-765 information there...
You need to check out the links because then you'd realize how many ways there are for foreigners to come here legally.

An incredible number of legal routes to come here.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You need to check out the links because then you'd realize how many ways there are for foreigners to come here legally.

An incredible number of legal routes to come here.
Now you are just being obtuse. Of course there are a number of ways to legally come here, even with provisions of employment. But we are debating your example of the I-765 as a "work visa" and "Obama's work visa" as a way in itself to stay in the United States:

Quote:
Obama's new work visa to reward illegals is exactly that. It's a visa that authorizes them to work and of course stay in the USA but it does not make them legal permanent residents.
Here is a compilation of the statements you made about your example, a "neighbor" getting what you define as "Obama's work visa":

Quote:
...As far as my sources, I have some you don't have. A neighbor 23 years of age is here illegally, was picked for being involved in smuggling illegals over the border, was only detained 2 weeks and released. Not only that, his lawyer is telling him he's going to be rewarded with a work visa. That's how easy it is now -- so much for that work visa being given only to non-criminals.
Quote:
You obviously have no clue what is taking place all along the border and in many other parts of the country.

Yes --- most definitely this incident has taken place, that illegal was picked up helping transport illegals -- he was paid $100 a head for his role in the smuggling operations. He was detained for just two weeks, released and told by the lawyer he can get the work permit aka work visa as he is in the right age group. 100% fact -- but you don't live here, you wouldn't know.

Some are saying he probably agreed to give names and inside information on the group he was working for --- something else you aren't aware of -- all kinds of "soplones" are given permission to stay and El Paso and the surrounding areas are filled and filling with people who do not have an official right to live here, they come with the border crossing card and know that overstaying a visa is most definitely allowed under the Obama administration.

Obama is/was promising them full legal status --- anyone living here illegally, along with a fast track to US citizenship. It can't get much easier than that.
You have identified him as a DACA applicant (there is no other employment-based method that ages-out of work-authorization or status). DACA applicants use the I-765 to also gain work-authorization (it does not otherwise provide a status to remain in the United States, or to exit and re-enter, as you have claimed in the past). The timeline and statements ultimately resolve that you are saying things for effect, although I do not know why or what is your intended value.

All you are doing is confusing those that believe you, with stories that cannot exist the way you are reporting them...

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You have identified him as a DACA applicant (there is no other employment-based method that ages-out of work-authorization or status). DACA applicants use the I-765 to also gain work-authorization (it does not otherwise provide a status to remain in the United States, or to exit and re-enter, as you have claimed in the past). The timeline and statements ultimately resolve that you are saying things for effect, although I do not know why or what is your intended value.
That's what the lawyer told him -- he's 23 and qualifies under Obama's new reward program for illegals -- even though he clearly broke a federal law and was involved in human smuggling. He's out of the detention center -- I saw him with my own two eyes.

I'm waiting to see if another former neighbor shows up soon. Last anyone heard he was still detained, waiting for October to get out -- and he's been deported a number of times but says he's coming back once he's out. I'll let you know what happens. I guess living away from the border, you don't see what's going on.

The only way that 23 year old could be here legally -- after being held in an ICE detention center is with the S-visa - possibly he and his family are not admitting to that one -- that's the "soplones visa". Or in English the snitch visa. Being a snitch can have consequences.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
That's what the lawyer told him -- he's 23 and qualifies under Obama's new reward program for illegals -- even though he clearly broke a federal law and was involved in human smuggling. He's out of the detention center -- I saw him with my own two eyes.

I'm waiting to see if another former neighbor shows up soon. Last anyone heard he was still detained, waiting for October to get out -- and he's been deported a number of times but says he's coming back once he's out. I'll let you know what happens. I guess living away from the border, you don't see what's going on.

The only way that 23 year old could be here legally -- after being held in an ICE detention center is with the S-visa - possibly he and his family are not admitting to that one -- that's the "soplones visa". Or in English the snitch visa. Being a snitch can have consequences.
You are being disingenuous within a single comment, now "adjusting" a DACA applicant into another category. I'm amazed that the your statements can never quite be pinned down into something that jibes with reality. Why are you trying to string people along into your invented stories?

It might be easy to convince some here that what you say is happening in some undefinable way, but I see right through you...

Old 11-10-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
You are being disingenuous within a single comment, now "adjusting" a DACA applicant into another category. I'm amazed that the your statements can never quite be pinned down into something that jibes with reality. Why are you trying to string people along into your invented stories?

It might be easy to convince some here that what you say is happening in some undefinable way, but I see right through you...
Oh it is most definitely reality. This guy is here illegally was caught a few weeks ago smuggling in illegals, he was sent to an INS detention center, released in only 2 weeks and he was not deported as he should have been.

He himself is boasting that his lawyer said he's going to get the work visa (DACA) and so he will be allowed to get a good paying job. That's exactly what he's saying happened. Now you --- well you don't even live near the border and you don't really know what all goes on. I've heard others suggest that maybe he's been given the snitch-visa so he will inform on the group he was working for -- so that's a possibility I suppose. He may be lying so he doesn't get what snitches around here get.

Myself -- I suspect that felony federal crimes like being involved in human trafficking and smuggling aren't being counted as serious crimes when it comes to these illegals getting in on that DACA. Just like committing felony document fraud and identity theft is not.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Oh it is most definitely reality. This guy is here illegally was caught a few weeks ago smuggling in illegals, he was sent to an INS detention center, released in only 2 weeks and he was not deported as he should have been.

He himself is boasting that his lawyer said he's going to get the work visa (DACA) and so he will be allowed to get a good paying job. That's exactly what he's saying happened. Now you --- well you don't even live near the border and you don't really know what all goes on. I've heard others suggest that maybe he's been given the snitch-visa so he will inform on the group he was working for -- so that's a possibility I suppose. He may be lying so he doesn't get what snitches around here get.
I do not doubt this for one minute. Napolitano will not touch anyone who even "claims" they will qualify for DACA. In addition, as a former member of a federal grand jury, I can't count the number of cases we had involving illegal aliens who were here after multiple deportations. Yet, they are still "entitled" to due process and the squandering of our tax dollars. It's sickening.

I am not aware of another group of criminals more pampered than illegals. And now that they've become the protected favorites of Obama, and "poor souls" to the growing number of bleeding hearts and defeatists, we can expect only the mass murderers to be deported. Rapists, child molesters, gangbangers, drug traffickers, and DUIs will be given a pass. After all, everyone deserves a chance to seek a better life.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Virtually every illegal that's been living here for some time has broken many laws beside illegal entry or visa overstay.

It's a crime if they take a job without being authorized to do so, just working here is a crime. And if they failed to pay into social security and to the IRS, that's tax evasion but it won't be held against them -- because like you say, they are special.

Using a stolen social security number is identity theft and document fraud - both felony crimes. How many illegals are working in jobs using someone else's social security number? But you can bet they'll waive that crime too when these illegals apply for DACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or