U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,778,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

3. I think 90% of the population in Texas has some bit of Hispanic in them since Texas was once part of Mexico.
While I don't have any figures to support me, I think you are TOTALLY wrong.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 PM

348 posts, read 914,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

While I don't have the figures to support me, I think you are TOTALLY right
90% he says?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 PM

457 posts, read 302,444 times
Quote:
1. I would hold the Mexican and American flag in a really.

2. I think making people show their citizenship to a police officer would turn worse. It will really inflame the existing racial tension in this country. What if someone forgot their pass?? What if they lost it?

3. I think 90% of the population in Texas has some bit of Hispanic in them since Texas was once part of Mexico.
Thank you for at least having the courage to answer. And I am not being sarcastic about that either. I have asked the same question multiple times in various threads and no pro-illegal advocate ever answered it til now.

1. This is exactly why there's a growing overall anti-hispanic sentiment; it will only get worse and it will affect the entire hispanic population negatively.

2. It's not really a matter of what will enflame racial tensions anymore; We are WAY beyond that point And again, it's not only the law to be here LEGALLY, it's the law that ALL American citizens regardless of color or creed MUST show proper I.D. at the request of a law enforcement officer. (You can ctually be arrested for NOT having I.D. on you, but, it's very rare that anybody enforces that.)

3. It's a well known fact that 87.6% of all quoted statistics are just plain made up. (Like the 87.6% figure I just used). :-)

Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,160,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Quote:
Quoted from Wikipedia,

The largest reported ancestry groups in Texas include: Mexican (25.3%), German (10.9%), African American (10.5%), English (7.2%), and Scots-Irish (7.2%). Descendants from some of these ancestry groups is underreported.
If 1/4 of the population can trace their roots for being Mexican, racial mixing is a most certain factor. I think this is evidence enough to partially support my theory of 90% of the population tracing their roots for their Mexican heritage.

And PApices, I remember of a time that was very recent where people had to carry a passport that gave all of their information when asked upon. Apartheid in South Africa.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
If 1/4 of the population can trace their roots for being Mexican, racial mixing is a most certain factor. I think this is evidence enough to partially support my theory of 90% of the population tracing their roots for their Mexican heritage.

And PApices, I remember of a time that was very recent where people had to carry a passport that gave all of their information when asked upon. Apartheid in South Africa.
We are being left with little choice. It's quite sad, because I don't want to live in a police state, but, I am willing to do whatever it takes to get MEXICO to start solving it's OWN problems. They HAVE the money for it, they just choose not to.

Get pissed at MEXICO not the U.S.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 PM

Yea, they have the money. Problem is the corrupt government officials. Its really sad, it truly is. Exact reason why 40% of Mexico's population is below poverty.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Quote:
1. I would hold the Mexican and American flag in a really.

2. I think making people show their citizenship to a police officer would turn worse. It will really inflame the existing racial tension in this country. What if someone forgot their pass?? What if they lost it?

1. I don't go to "rallys" --they seem a bit silly to me. But if you DID attend one, here in the US, it seems to me you'd be demonstrating your lack of character and disloyalty to BOTH nations. Disloyalty to the USA by honoring the flag of a foreign nation; and disloyalty to Mexico in the fact that you choose to not live there. Maybe the fact that you're 17 years old gives you a bit of slack. But sooner or later, you'll realize you can't divide your loyalties and truly claim to honor two of anything. You can't be a devout Catholic and a devout Muslim at the same time. You can't be a faithful husband and profess loyalty to your girlfriend, and truly mean it. And you can't really be a loyal Mexican, and at the same time a loyal American. You have to make a choice, or you're not being loyal to anything.

2. I agree that I don't want to see "ID Checks" either. The thought should disturb any American. That's not the way we want to live here. It particularly upsets me, as my wife is Hispanic/ Indian, and could likely be a victim of any racial profiling...as would our kids and some of our grandkids. Unfortunately, decades of neglect of our immigation laws have resulted in the mess we're in now. Do you have a better idea? I'd sure like to hear it, if it's REASONABLE...

3. I think you're exaggerating about Texas---though I do agree that large areas of West Texas, and the lower Rio Grande Valley, are heavily Hispanic, and probably exceed 90% in many areas. Most of these people, though, are American citizens, not illegal immigrants.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:45 PM

I truly don't believe that cops will ask anyone that looks white to them. This would be a way of only targeting a certain color of people if you ask me. Lol, I think I went just a little overboard with the 90% . But I think its safe to say at least 60%.

And about the rallys.. I'd be truly embarrassed to be seen at one of those. Why would I try to fight for rights that don't pertain me?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Yea, they have the money. Problem is the corrupt government officials. Its really sad, it truly is. Exact reason why 40% of Mexico's population is below poverty.
I can't quote an actual number and I am too tired to google anything else tonight(lol), but, I once read someplace that mexico is actually the wealthiest South and Central American country. Is this correct?

You are correct. The corruption is world-renowned in mexican government. That's why I say that the Illegals really are between a rock and a hard place.. We are no longer willing to support them and their own country never was.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 PM

According to GNP or Gross National Income, Mexico doesn't even come in on the top 10.

Richest South American Countries: Top Ten Latin America GNP & Population Statistics

Sad thing is, the Richest man in the world is Mexican. Him and his family earn the equivalent to 8% of Mexicos GNP! The poor to rich gap is VERY, VERY large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration