U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times

Advertisements

Excuse me miss. So, your basically saying your thread is about finding out if this guy was Illegal or not? Please clarify for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. The point is IF he is illegal, he shouldn't have been here in the first place and maybe that girl might still be alive. The victim could have been any color.
Same as saying "If the Unabomber was never born, those three people would of never died and those other 23 people would of not been wounded".

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Excuse me miss. So, your basically saying your thread is about finding out if this guy was Illegal or not? Please clarify for us.
I said, IF he is not an Illegal I will state so, I would not have posted it if he was not for sure. And it is Mrs. although Miss makes me sound younger.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
How about if the Unabomber had been caught the first time, more people would have lived?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Same as saying "If the Unabomber was never born, those three people would of never died and those other 23 people would of not been wounded".
Actually, the Unabomber's birth wasn't against the law - an illegal alien committing a crime on US soil, where they had no business being in the first place, started off by breaking the law by virtue of being here. You're comparing apples to oranges.

By the way, I find it fascinating that whenever a fugitive suspect who is an illegal alien is being sought by authorities, they more often then not already have a mug shot conveniently ready to distribute of the perp.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
How about if the Unabomber had been caught the first time, more people would have lived? Are you defending the killer or something?
Who are you addressing?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, the Unabomber's birth wasn't against the law - an illegal alien committing a crime on US soil, where they had no business being in the first place, started off by breaking the law by virtue of being here. You're comparing apples to oranges.

By the way, I find it fascinating that whenever a fugitive suspect who is an illegal alien is being sought by authorities, they more often then not already have a mug shot conveniently ready to distribute of the perp.
I hadnt even thought of the Mugshot issue. Interesting.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Nea - addressing ProLogic...but this is moving so fast maybe I am confused! Perhaps I should have left off the last sentence, anyway...

Old 10-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Nea - addressing ProLogic...but this is moving so fast maybe I am confused! Perhaps I should have left off the last sentence, anyway...
I know sometimes I lose my place!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Man accused of killing UNT student captured in Mexico

05:23 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 9, 2007
From Staff Reports

A man accused of killing of a University of North Texas student was captured in Mexico on Tuesday, Carrollton police said.

Ernesto Pina Reyes U.S. and Mexican authorities took Ernesto Reyes, 20, into custody as he left a family member's house in the Mexican town of Celaya, Guanajuato, approximately four hours northwest of Mexico City, Carrollton police said. Mr. Reyes was being held in Mexico and awaiting extradition.

The burned body of Melanie Goodwin, 19, was discovered on Sept. 25 in the 3200 block of Keller Springs Road in Carrollton.

Mr. Reyes became a suspect in the death of Melanie Goodwin after investigators said he was believed to be the last person seen with Ms. Goodwin before her death.

A witness told police he was heard asking Ms. Goodwin for a ride at a convenience store in Denton. Mr. Reyes was seen on security cameras leaving the store with Ms. Goodwin in her red two-door 2002 Saturn, Carrollton police said.

Later that day, a surveillance camera at the TransTech offices on Keller Springs Road captured the image of a stocky man dragging a body from a vehicle and setting it on fire.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner said Ms. Goodwin died of multiple blunt force injuries.

U.S. authorities followed tips regarding Mr. Reyes in Oklahoma and Texas. U.S. and Mexican authorities also set up surveillance at several locations in Mexico, Carrollton police said.

A second man, Donovan Young, has been charged with tampering with evidence in the murder case. Mr. Young told police Mr. Reyes arrived at his apartment the early morning of Sept. 25 with Ms. Goodwin's body and was seeking help to dispose it, according to an arrest affidavit.

Mr. Young said he gave Mr. Reyes money to buy gasoline and a gas can. He said he later drove Mr. Reyes to several locations to help him get money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or