Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I knew you would. That also is typical.
Note my edited post. "Borders" is indeed an appropriate term, and I will not stop using it simply because you consider it an affront to Canada. What part of "Canada is not an illegal immigration issue" did you not comprehend?

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with Canada. Nor did anyone other than YOU even mention your country. Most people use the term "open borders" when referring to our illegal immigration problem. That does NOT mean we believe we have millions of people entering our country illegally through our border with Canada. In fact, to my knowledge, Canadian illegal aliens have never been the topic of discussion on this forum. That is, until now.

I said nothing to insult your country, although you clearly have no problem insulting mine, even if I agree with what you said. Take the chip off your shoulder, and enjoy the rest of your day. I'm through with this discussion.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Yeah, yeah, I read YOUR edited post where your own provided link differentiates between the use of the word "border" to describe what exists between to countries sharing the same land mass and your "Coastal Shores" NOT referred to as borders in your link.

There is no usage of the word border to describe where your land mass meets water but persist with that fantasy if you must. I suspect however, you are quite aware of this.

Oceans are not countries or sovereign nations so there is no border between them and their abutting land masses. Shoreline, coasts etc., are the accepted term to describe the demarcation point between land and water.

You would be correct in using the term in this manner: "we are merely one of the nations comprising the land mass of the North American Continent bordered by the Pacific and Atlantic oceans."

Say what you will, but your continued use of the plural includes the two borders, whether you intend it or not. Your continued use of the term without stipulating the singular implies you don't give a rat's patoot whether you're insulting both your neighbours or just the one.

It's all good we're done here as I know I'm yelling in a room full of deaf people and this too will not change. It's all routine.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration