Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
For the most part I don't think the problem is that Americans have become lazy or complacently comfortable living on welfare. That is the spin of the defenders of illegal immigrants. Americans are being discriminated against in the job market for cheap, foreign labor most of whom are here illegally...
Citation for "most of whom are here illegally"? I just showed you the numbers for "foreign labor" that are legally present and even brought in for employment. In fact, CIS saying that immigrant employment has risen by "2 million" since the first quarter of 2009 doesn't have much space for illegal aliens, with 80% of over 3 million work-authorized legal immigrants between the ages of 15 and 65 being admitted in that time, more than half a million specifically for employment.

Quote:
...I will agree that it is amazing how many Americans don't realize how illegal immigration is hurting the American worker. They think these poor souls are doing nothing wrong and only trying to earn a living. They haven't a clue about the negative impacts to our country's citizens. I am glad I am one who studies both sides of the issue and knows what the truth is...
How about the information that I have presented here about 80% of all legal immigrants being between age 15 to 65 (meaning over 800,000 a year) are much more likely to be the growth of those two million jobs during the Obama administration?...

Quote:
...I don't know why so many Americans who don't know the truth are willing to just ignore our immigration laws in the first place because that is really the bottom line anyway.
I don't even know what you mean by this comment, "Americans" are getting false data from CIS, because most of the "immigrants" being employed in the United States are fully work-authorized, in accordance with immigration laws...

Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
For the most part I don't think the problem is that Americans have become lazy or complacently comfortable living on welfare. That is the spin of the defenders of illegal immigrants. Americans are being discriminated against in the job market for cheap, foreign labor most of whom are here illegally.

I will agree that it is amazing how many Americans don't realize how illegal immigration is hurting the American worker. They think these poor souls are doing nothing wrong and only trying to earn a living. They haven't a clue about the negative impacts to our country's citizens. I am glad I am one who studies both sides of the issue and knows what the truth is. I don't know why so many Americans who don't know the truth are willing to just ignore our immigration laws in the first place because that is really the bottom line anyway.
Yes -- too many people can't see the obvious - we've got 24 million Americans out of work, at least 24 million illegals living here and many more coming. And we've got very high rates of legal immigration.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
For the most part I don't think the problem is that Americans have become lazy or complacently comfortable living on welfare. That is the spin of the defenders of illegal immigrants. Americans are being discriminated against in the job market for cheap, foreign labor most of whom are here illegally.

I will agree that it is amazing how many Americans don't realize how illegal immigration is hurting the American worker. They think these poor souls are doing nothing wrong and only trying to earn a living. They haven't a clue about the negative impacts to our country's citizens. I am glad I am one who studies both sides of the issue and knows what the truth is. I don't know why so many Americans who don't know the truth are willing to just ignore our immigration laws in the first place because that is really the bottom line anyway.
I am speaking of those in their late teens and early to mid 20's. Far too many know little of the history of this country (even as early as the civil rights movement era) and have been so coddled and given far too much by their parents who want them to have a better life than they had. By the time that I was their age I had survived many civil rights marches and the civil rights movement. The majority in their teens and 20's of today are lazy, complacent and seem content to lay back and not get involved in the politics and the reality that their futures are being stolen. As a matter of fact, the only thing that the majority of them probably care about is surviving to be the first in line to get the latest I phone.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 11-03-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Citation for "most of whom are here illegally"? I just showed you the numbers for "foreign labor" that are legally present and even brought in for employment. In fact, CIS saying that immigrant employment has risen by "2 million" since the first quarter of 2009 doesn't have much space for illegal aliens, with 80% of over 3 million work-authorized legal immigrants between the ages of 15 and 65 being admitted in that time, more than half a million specifically for employment.

How about the information that I have presented here about 80% of all legal immigrants being between age 15 to 65 (meaning over 800,000 a year) are much more likely to be the growth of those two million jobs during the Obama administration?...

I don't even know what you mean by this comment, "Americans" are getting false data from CIS, because most of the "immigrants" being employed in the United States are fully work-authorized, in accordance with immigration laws...
My beef is about illegal immigrants. However, there are legal foreigners here on visas because the employers claim they can't find qualified Americans to do the job. IT workers are a good example of that. The bottom line is that it is about paying the foreigner less than an American for the same job.

My comment was about the number of Americans that don't know the truth about the negative impact of illegal immigration into our country and/or those who disregard our immigration laws like it's no big deal to violate them. The truth can be found from sites other than the CIS although I haven't read their site to say they are spreading mistruths about illegal immigration.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-03-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I am speaking of those in their late teens and early to mid 20's. Far too many know little of the history of this country (even as early as the civil rights movement era) and have been so coddled and given far too much by their parents who want them to have a better life than they had. By the time that I was their age I had survived many civil rights marches and the civil rights movement. The majority in their teens and 20's of today are lazy, complacent and seem content to lay back and not get involved in the politics and the realitythat their futures are being stolen. As a matter of fact, the only thing that the majority of them probably care about is surviving to be the firsdt in line to get the latest I phone.
I will have to disagree that the "majority" of our young adults are lazy and complacent in regards to being employed. It is not unusual for that age group not to be interested in politics. Even myself who is in his 60's didn't take much interest in politics till I was in my 30's.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
My beef is about illegal immigrants. However, there are legal foreigners here on visas because the employers claim they can't find qualified Americans to do the job. IT workers are a good example of that. The bottom line is that it is about paying the foreigner less than an American for the same job...
Around 13% annually are on employment-based visas. Certainly you can't blame the other legal immigrants for trying to be employed while they are here, as I've provided in my own example, having family members employed in my household helps with expenses. This topic originated as being against "immigrant" workers, to which I have provided data that proves a vast majority are not illegal aliens.

Quote:
...My comment was about the number of Americans that don't know the truth about the negative impact of illegal immigration into our country and/or those who disregard our immigration laws like it's no big deal to violate them. The truth can be found from sites other than the CIS although I haven't read their site to say they are spreading mistruths about illegal immigration.
CIS is fully vested in being anti-immigrant, otherwise they wouldn't provide "reports" that don't even reveal the "immigrants" they are referring to are largely work-authorized, and legally present...

That is a failure from their presentation, not mine...

Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Around 13% annually are on employment-based visas. Certainly you can't blame the other legal immigrants for trying to be employed while they are here, as I've provided in my own example, having family members employed in my household helps with expenses. This topic originated as being against "immigrant" workers, to which I have provided data that proves a vast majority are not illegal aliens.

CIS is fully vested in being anti-immigrant, otherwise they wouldn't provide "reports" that don't even reveal the "immigrants" they are referring to are largely work-authorized, and legally present...

That is a failure from their presentation, not mine...
I don't have a problem with legal immigrants filling jobs where a qualifed American can't be found. What part of that don't you understand?

I seriously doubt that CIS is anti-immigrant unless you think that only desiring immigrants to be able to come here if we need them to work jobs to fill a void (however I can't for the life of me figure what those jobs would be). Maybe a shortage in the medical field? Perhaps you have a different definition of what being anti-immigrant is than I do or perhaps what CIS does. At any rate I would rather discuss illegal immigration. How about you?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Why do you think he wants to give illegal permanet status. he has siad they are vital because americans wouldn't do sdo jobs.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Why do you think he wants to give illegal permanet status. he has siad they are vital because americans wouldn't do sdo jobs.
He'd be wrong.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
And what can you possibly say about Obama being the only president to have deported many illegals in recent American history and has gone after many companies by way of Audits to sithe out roaching illegals, i am no fan of illegals myself but jesus christ, knock it off being an ill informed idiot.
I think your labeling of the OP as an ill-informed idiot is really uncalled for. What makes you think that they don't know about the supposed deportation numbers of the Administration? Just because Obama has supposedly been the President during the DHS' highest amount of deportations doesn't make it OK that so many illegal immigrants are now able to work in place of those legally here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration