Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,729,378 times

Advertisements

[quote]Researchers say legals and illegals are more mobile than natives in America

His numbers are stark: Since the first quarter of 2009, the number of immigrants of working age (16 to 65) who are employed has risen 2 million, from 21.2 million to 23.2 million. During the same time, native-born employment has risen just 1 million, to reach 119.9 million.

Two-thirds of those who have found employment under President Obama are immigrants, both legal and illegal, according to an analysis that suggests immigration has soaked up a large portion of what little job growth there has been over the past three years.[/quote]

Read more: Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama's four years - Washington Times Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama's four years - Washington Times

I wish I could say I am shocked about this but I'd be lying.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 11-01-2012 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM

831 posts, read 677,388 times
And what can you possibly say about Obama being the only president to have deported many illegals in recent American history and has gone after many companies by way of Audits to sithe out roaching illegals, i am no fan of illegals myself but jesus christ, knock it off being an ill informed idiot.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,380,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
And what can you possibly say about Obama being the only president to have deported many illegals in recent American history and has gone after many companies by way of Audits to sithe out roaching illegals, i am no fan of illegals myself but jesus christ, knock it off being an ill informed idiot.

And what do you think of the still many many many unemployed, by Obama. Those who have lost a home and a job under Obama. Nothing.

Businesses that have to close under Obama, no big deal. What do you say about a terrible, depressed economy under Obama, one that is lasting so so long.

What do you think about a lying President who lies for weeks on end about 4 Americans who have lost their lvies, but lies about that for weeks on end, Nothing!

Looks into the camera with conviction, but we now know has lied thru his teeth, nothing.

What can you say about Obama, being so soft on illegals, that is half our problem, nothing.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM

7,994 posts, read 10,557,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And what do you think of the still many many many unemployed, by Obama. Those who have lost a home and a job under Obama. Nothing.

Businesses that have to close under Obama, no big deal. What do you say about a terrible, depressed economy under Obama, one that is lasting so so long.

What do you think about a lying President who lies for weeks on end about 4 Americans who have lost their lvies, but lies about that for weeks on end, Nothing!

Looks into the camera with conviction, but we now know has lied thru his teeth, nothing.

What can you say about Obama, being so soft on illegals, that is half our problem, nothing.
Would you mind telling the about the strong stance the Republicans have taken against illegal immigration, starting with Reagan?

Thanks. I'll be waiting.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 PM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Actually, Obama himself admitted that the large deportation numbers under his watch were scewered because in the count were illegal immigrants being turned back at the border and self-deportations also. He has stopped the raids on companies hiring illegal immigrants so don't know where you are getting your info from.

He also has implemented the DACA (Dream Act) without the approval of congress. He has ordered Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrants unless they are convicted felons so Obama gets no points from me on illegal immigration.

I wouldn't use terms like "illinformed idiot" in this forum if I were you.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-01-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Would you mind telling the about the strong stance the Republicans have taken against illegal immigration, starting with Reagan?

Thanks. I'll be waiting.
Reagan did grant an amnesty in 1986. Which he later regretted because our border wasn't secured as promised.

The Republicans have voted down every amnesty/Dream Act that the Dems have tried to push through. Surely you know this.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,829,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
...His numbers are stark: Since the first quarter of 2009, the number of immigrants of working age (16 to 65) who are employed has risen 2 million, from 21.2 million to 23.2 million. During the same time, native-born employment has risen just 1 million, to reach 119.9 million.

Two-thirds of those who have found employment under President Obama are immigrants, both legal and illegal, according to an analysis that suggests immigration has soaked up a large portion of what little job growth there has been over the past three years.

Read more: Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama's four years - Washington Times

I wish I could say I am shocked about this but I'd be lying.
Fo' sure, two of those are within my household (and I am glad they have jobs, to help with expenses). Most of this is purely natural: Legal immigrants (1,062,040 in 2011, 1,042,625 in 2010, and 1,130,818 in 2009) come in, and get employed.

Almost exactly for all three years, 80% of legal immigrants are older than 15 years, and younger than age 65. Employment-based visas are between 12.5% to 14.2% for the three years. You can read the information for yourself: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...pr_fr_2011.pdf (there are amazing levels of categorization).

So why are we complaining about "immigrants" (the majority legally work-authorized) being employed, rather than being dependent on someone else?...

Quote:
...The Center for Immigration Studies is releasing the study Thursday morning...

Oh, it is CIS mixing up legal and illegal immigration again...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 11-01-2012 at 11:11 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
I think by now, everyone should realize that this administration really doesn't care much about the American people. There are important trade deals with foreign countries and our big corporations that involve us taking their excess poor off their hands. Plus the elite like their servants to come cheap.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,829,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think by now, everyone should realize that this administration really doesn't care much about the American people. There are important trade deals with foreign countries and our big corporations that involve us taking their excess poor off their hands. Plus the elite like their servants to come cheap.
If it is "letting" legal immigrants work, I think the ratios would be the same for any recent President, like Bush II. President Obama did sign "trade deals" with South Korea, Columbia, and Panama, but it was also praised by Republicans. Most of what you mention preceded the Obama administration.

Of course your post is phrased as an Obama bash, not much about illegal aliens...

Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Fo' sure, two of those are within my household (and I am glad they have jobs, to help with expenses). Most of this is purely natural: Legal immigrants (1,062,040 in 2011, 1,042,625 in 2010, and 1,130,818 in 2009) come in, and get employed.

Almost exactly for all three years, 80% of legal immigrants are older than 15 years, and younger than age 65. Employment-based visas are between 12.5% to 14.2% for the three years. You can read the information for yourself: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...pr_fr_2011.pdf (there are amazing levels of categorization).

So why are we complaining about "immigrants" (the majority legally work-authorized) being employed, rather than being dependent on someone else?...

Oh, it is CIS mixing up legal and illegal immigration again...
I think Legal immigrants & work visa holders are a great addition to the country. We need the best &
the brightest. It's the illegals that are a burden on the economey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration