U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,895,074 times

Advertisements

From the L.A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people

are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are

predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans

on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican

nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely

illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.

There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County

All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (over 90% of

California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration.
29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Yeppers: what upsets me is why the US Government allows this to happen------it is as if those criminals in DC are 'in bed' with the illegal immigrant advocates

Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 AM

348 posts, read 914,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yeppers: what upsets me is why the US Government allows this to happen------it is as if those criminals in DC are 'in bed' with the illegal immigrant advocates

Scary statistics and I don't see how the gov't can overlook it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 AM

520 posts, read 1,693,834 times
Do you have a link to the article? Interesting stats if true.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,547,847 times
The government lets this happen because it is profitable for businesses that pay campaign contributions to the politicians. An illegal workforce is a frightened workforce that will never organize and strike for higher wages or better working conditions. The illegal community is also exploited by the illegal drug industry because, again, the illegal population will not report anything to police. In some cases the police will injure the complainer because they are working for the drug suppliers.

This is a symptom of a postindustrial financial economy where cash flow is more important than wealth creation. These conditions are generally found in an imperial country when the colonial system is costing more than it yields

Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 AM

WeeMadArthur, I just typed in: Los Angeles Times (illegal immigration stats). If that doesn't get you there let me know and I will get the web site for you.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 AM

520 posts, read 1,693,834 times
cynwldkat,

I googled with that search term and the first article that came up was at Snopes. Snopes says that these were NOT taken from a Los Angeles Times article but from various sources. The Snopes article goes through the points and speculates about the source of each.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles

Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 AM

I am so sorry if I have posted something that is not true. I did look it up and thought it was indeed from the Los Angeles Times. I think I will use "Snopes" from now on FIRST before I copy anything. Again, thanks for correcting me. You are right, I was going by what the "Liberal Post" had written. Again, sorry. Scratch that the information was from the Los Angeles Times!!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-11-2007 at 08:23 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default too bad

I wish this was a question posted to the candidates when "reform" comes into the conversation instead of some hand picked and pre assigned questions from you tube.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
cynwldkat,

I googled with that search term and the first article that came up was at Snopes. Snopes says that these were NOT taken from a Los Angeles Times article but from various sources. The Snopes article goes through the points and speculates about the source of each.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles
I have read the snopes article - they do not really dispute the claims listed, but provide the true sources of the information gathered. Here's an example:

"A 1997 General Accounting Office (GAO) report determined that in 1995 (more than ten years ago!) households headed by illegal aliens received a total of $700 million in AFDC benefits and $430 million in food stamps".

Because something is posted on Snopes doesn't mean that it is an "urban legend". They actually review information and either prove or disprove it. You need to read the page to understand how the information was gathered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or