Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

Demand is a strong word.

Seems like the cowards in washington are no longer in control.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Demand is a strong word.

That WON'T fly. I say that because the push back WILL be very bad and I'm being nice.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
OH yeah?

Well I DEMAND they GO HOME.

See, I can demand stuff too.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Demand is a strong word.

What was interesting was to listen to Mexican radio shows the day right after the election. There was some serious gloating going on, they are convinced that Mexicans alone determined the outcome of the USA election. They seem to believe that any ballot cast by a white or black American was tossed away.

But interestingly enough there was anger. Very angry tones. Now that Mexicans have put Obama in the White House a second time he had better come through for them, he needs to give them their amnesty and US citizenship NOW. No more waiting. And they were angry that he didn't do it in the first year of his first term. One guy tried to semi-defend Obama and said that Obama had to fix the economy first and it was like "To HELL with the economy, he needs to give the Mexican people the amnesty he promised -- and do it NOW".

Old 11-09-2012, 03:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Their DEMANDS may just come back to bite them, similar to their arrogant protest marches back in 2006. Actually, that was what sparked my interest in this issue. Let them continue to make demands. The louder they yell, more people will realize just how obnoxious they truly are. They may discover their lack of humility and appreciation will turn many against them. It's much easier to feel compassion for the humble, than for entitlement-minded ingrates.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That WON'T fly. I say that because the push back WILL be very bad and I'm being nice.
there will be no push back.

the obama voters have already said that they are indeed fine with WHATEVER he does- and they have to be.

the takers have the numbers now, and americans no longer make the calls.

i saw a good comment on denninger today:
A nation dissatisfied with the results of a Democratic president, Democratic Senate and Republican House has decided to return a Democratic president, Democratic Senate and Republican House. They voted for four more years of a record high number of people living in poverty, and record high food stamp recipients.

and whatever else obama wants.

get used to it.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-09-2012 at 03:29 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What was interesting was to listen to Mexican radio shows the day right after the election. There was some serious gloating going on, they are convinced that Mexicans alone determined the outcome of the USA election. They seem to believe that any ballot cast by a white or black American was tossed away.

But interestingly enough there was anger. Very angry tones. Now that Mexicans have put Obama in the White House a second time he had better come through for them, he needs to give them their amnesty and US citizenship NOW. No more waiting. And they were angry that he didn't do it in the first year of his first term. One guy tried to semi-defend Obama and said that Obama had to fix the economy first and it was like "To HELL with the economy, he needs to give the Mexican people the amnesty he promised -- and do it NOW".
Agreed tho I don't read or speak Spanish worth a damn.

Mexican talk radio: really? Just what are you people gonna do if or WHEN Obama blows you off? Nothing.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
there will be no push back.

the obama voters have already said that they are indeed fine with WHATEVER he does- and they have to be.

the takers have the numbers now, and americans no longer make the calls.

i saw a good comment on denninger today:
A nation dissatisfied with the results of a Democratic president, Democratic Senate and Republican House has decided to return a Democratic president, Democratic Senate and Republican House. They voted for four more years of a record high number of people living in poverty, and record high food stamp recipients.

and whatever else obama wants.

get used to it.
I voted for Romney. Like I've said before: I DON'T think Obama is gonna do boo for amnesty; he no longer needs the Hispanic vote to be POTUS.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:55 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
malamute, the black votes don't count (and neither do the white votes, evidently).

the black vote is a solid democratic block and the democrats need to do NOTHING to secure it. black agenda report had a thoughtful piece on black votes and obama:

Doing Us Proud: Black America Has Lost Its Moral Compass | Black Agenda Report

and packard fan is right, they are going to do NOTHING. their whole identity has been tied up in "identifying with obama", regardless of his actions, or what he thinks about them-if he does.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
malamute, the black votes don't count (and neither do the white votes, evidently).

the black vote is a solid democratic block and the democrats need to do NOTHING to secure it. black agenda report had a thoughtful piece on black votes and obama:

Doing Us Proud: Black America Has Lost Its Moral Compass | Black Agenda Report

and packard fan is right, they are going to do NOTHING. their whole identity has been tied up in "identifying with obama", regardless of his actions, or what he thinks about them-if he does.
So true. It sickens me to even think about it. I have told countless black family and friends not to continue to allow their votes to be taken for granted. They are irrelevant, because they have made themselves irrelevant by guaranteeing any Democrat their vote. Obama could be Jack the Ripper, black unemployment could be 50%, and they still would have voted for him. I don't understand that type of blind loyalty. Why should Democrats give a damn about black folks, when they clearly don't give a damn about themselves?

Obama had no problem taking time out of his busy schedule to address La Raza and other Hispanic groups. But, he sent Biden to speak to the black groups. And, when he did meet with the CBC, and they voiced their concerns, he told them to stop whining. Yet, when Hispanics "whined" he told them not to worry, he would handle their problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration