Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM

26,969 posts, read 15,187,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
The article is unclear. Is the word banned just among city employees using it when in an official capacity? Or are they trying to say no one in the city, even citizens, can use it? As in the making the term 'illegal', illegal? Good luck if it's the second option, being that speech is constitutionally protected.

It's Newspeak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 AM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I'll bet there will be a in rush of Roadside Pharmacists too.
That would be "Unlicensed Pharmacists".

What a group of putzes, lol.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
This city is an absolute disgrace to the United States of America. Yet another reason how liberalism is destroying this great country.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is a serious infraction on freedom of speech, IMO. I wonder if this includes calling them illegal immigrants? I have heard the objection to just calling them illegals before but illegal immigrants?

From the article:

"Somerville’s mayor, Joe Curtatone, welcomedanyone who wants to be part of his city, adding that the community has always been a city of hope for immigrants around the world. “… Whatever your status is, wherever you’re from, we are your mayor, we’re your aldermen, this is your city and we’re here to service you,” Mayor Curtatone said".

Isn't aiding, abetting and harboring illegal immigrants against our federal laws?

Here's another example of the Mass ******* mentality:

Quote:
“Illegal immigration didn’t kill this person. A drunk driver killed this person, and we have laws about that. And I expect the book to be thrown at this person.’’
-Gov. Deval Patrick

Illegal immigration is not to blame for fatality, Patrick says - The Boston Globe

Drunk driver? Throw the book at him. Immigration violation? Not so much............

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
You would never want to hurt the feelings of a convicted murderer and tell them that they are illegal and that murder is illegal...why burden them with guilt...it's all good- we don't need the rule of law...and what is with this age of consent regarding sex and very young people...it would be horrible to hurt the pedophile's feelings.....Or for instance...a crack head that is homeless...it would never do not to let them sleep on your couch and eat your food...and access your bank account- heaven forbid we deem them as illegal.....

Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This city is an absolute disgrace to the United States of America. Yet another reason how liberalism is destroying this great country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here's another example of the Mass ******* mentality
Guys, come on. I'm a liberal voter and I am anti-illegal immigration. You can be both.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Guys, come on. I'm a liberal voter and I am anti-illegal immigration. You can be both.
I'm a pro-choice Conservative. We're both in the minority here.....

Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm a pro-choice Conservative. We're both in the minority here.....
Neither party really fits me, though since I am a strong social libertarian, favor sensible regulation, and think a social safety net is necessary, I tend to vote Democrat. I don't always though, and I never vote a straight-party ticket.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Neither party really fits me, though since I am a strong social libertarian, favor sensible regulation, and think a social safety net is necessary, I tend to vote Democrat. I don't always though, and I never vote a straight-party ticket.
I just returned from the polls where I voted straight R ticket. Why did I do that? It's because I felt those candidates were the better options. I do cross party lines when I feel that it's necessary.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Reagan gave them amnesty. Bush spoke to them in Spanish. Bloomberg hands them social services.

Conservatives adore illegals. They're cheap, docile laborers who are content with miserable wages, substandard housing conditions, lousy public schools, failing infrastructure and supporting overseas dicatorships. What could be better than getting low cost labor and passing the real costs of your enormous profits on to some contemptible middle class sap?

Their sexist culture and hyperreligious ideology with an emphasis on early breeding, minimal education and a deep seated contempt for the female sex fits right in with backwards Republican ideals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration