Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But are most of our unemployed willing to pick cotton, work on farms, and in chicken factories? Those jobs are open to Americans as well, but for whatever reason Americans are not willing to take them. Remember I am a hard core conservative, but I also see the printing on the wall. We have to do something and work visas would mainly be used for those working the fields, etc. Yes, Americans need jobs, but how many are going to work for min wages? Many of the unemployed will not and this has been proven..Ok, you can say, we are not willing to pay enough, but if a job pays min wage and US Citizens are not willing to work for that, then give the jobs to someone that will. Who said anything about special privileges? I don't believe in special anything based on color or ethnicticy...I don't believe in any form of afirmative action, but I am also a realist. I will add, any employer caught hiring illegals should be fined, jailed or punished in some way. But, you know this is all fine to say. We have as large community of Hispanics here in NWA which might surprise many. A lot of them work in the chicken industry. Thus we have Hispanic grocery stores. Being from Ca, I have to have my Mexican food fix periodically. We shop at one of these markets.Everyone speaks a little English, but most,not much. Are they legals? I don't know, I would hope so, but I will tell you the store is spotless, the prices, specially on produce are much less than the super markets, the selection is great and the people are friendly. Add to that the store, obviously is a business and paying taxes to our state and the city.

You mention encouraging more illegals to move here, this is where cracking down at the border comes in. How do you think so many have gotten here? We all know, too often eyes were closed, we let this happen, we need many more border control workers and we need to crack down on new illegals. There is just no other choice, as I see it.
People made the same argument against freeing the slaves. Asking Americans to do horrible jobs for miserable wages and then importing serfs when they refuse is utterly immoral.

People who are obviously here in violation of multiple American laws should have their businesses confiscated and then arrest and deportation. People who don't learn English or follow American employment and taxation laws are not an asset to this nation.

You do not crack down on new illegals by giving old illegals amnesty. You only encourage more illegals we don't need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
In theory or in the perfect world I would agree, but we have to face the fact we have millions of illegals here and we can not begin to deport them all, plus, in fairness, I am sure many of the children were brought here for a better life. If we give them a path to citizenship and demand they become citizens, we set a law they must learn English and we do not even give illegals free emergancy treatment or any form of welfare, help those who really want to be productive be so, demand voter ID and do not allow anyone who is not either holding a green card or a citizen get a drivers lisense, we can go along way to controling the influx. After we attack the issues of iligals, we crack down on the borders. or visa versa, we stop the infaltration and then find ways to weed out those who are not productive citizens.
I don't know many times it has to be repeated that rounding them all up and deporting them is not the desired solution. Here are the solutions...end birthright citizenshp, mandate e-verify in the workplace and deny them any beneifts at all and they will self-deport.

Is it ok for a bank robber to rob a bank so that his children will have a better life? Why is there so little respect for our laws by the pro-illegal immigrant supporters? We don't need these people. We need the jobs they are holding so our own children will have a better life or is that not important? Our resources are being stretched thin. More people allowed here permanantly puts a strain on those resources. Let em be productive in their own countries. It's not like we have a shortage of productive American citizens. It's already been proven that given amnesty was the wrong thing to do in 1986. Now we have at least quaduple that number here today. When do these amnesties end?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
But are most of our unemployed willing to pick cotton, work on farms, and in chicken factories? Those jobs are open to Americans as well, but for whatever reason Americans are not willing to take them. Remember I am a hard core conservative, but I also see the printing on the wall. We have to do something and work visas would mainly be used for those working the fields, etc. Yes, Americans need jobs, but how many are going to work for min wages? Many of the unemployed will not and this has been proven..Ok, you can say, we are not willing to pay enough, but if a job pays min wage and US Citizens are not willing to work for that, then give the jobs to someone that will. Who said anything about special privileges? I don't believe in special anything based on color or ethnicticy...I don't believe in any form of afirmative action, but I am also a realist. I will add, any employer caught hiring illegals should be fined, jailed or punished in some way. But, you know this is all fine to say. We have as large community of Hispanics here in NWA which might surprise many. A lot of them work in the chicken industry. Thus we have Hispanic grocery stores. Being from Ca, I have to have my Mexican food fix periodically. We shop at one of these markets.Everyone speaks a little English, but most,not much. Are they legals? I don't know, I would hope so, but I will tell you the store is spotless, the prices, specially on produce are much less than the super markets, the selection is great and the people are friendly. Add to that the store, obviously is a business and paying taxes to our state and the city.

You mention encouraging more illegals to move here, this is where cracking down at the border comes in. How do you think so many have gotten here? We all know, too often eyes were closed, we let this happen, we need many more border control workers and we need to crack down on new illegals. There is just no other choice, as I see it.
For agricultural jobs there are unlimited visas so that blows a hole in your theory that we have a shortage of those workers so we need illegal immigrants to do them. Please provide a link that Americans won't do factory work. If I remember correctly we had a thriving factory industry where Americans were employed in them until many of those jobs were outsourced.

Our youth and less eduated will and do work for minimum wage jobs. As for your story about Mexican grocery stores, etc. You yourself said you don't know if the workers are legal or not. I have no problem with legal immigrants nor do most Americans but if these people are here illegally they need to go home, clean store, friendliness aside. They have no right to work in this country.

Our government is not going to crack down on the border anymore than they do now because they don't want to. The only solution is to remove all incentives for them to come here.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
lol, what? This Hispanic vote is growing, and Obama wants them to stay overwhelmingly Democratic. He's not going to go out of his way to screw them over, despite your fantasies to the contrary. I suspect that Hispanics will end up being a lot like African Americans... long-term/permanent Democratic voters. In that scenario, Republicans may as well call it a day.
Let's see if I can get some honest answers from you. Why do Hispanic-Americans want amnesty for illegal immigrants? Why are they blackmailing our politicians for votes? Are they opposed to all countries having immigration laws or just ours? I haven't heard them complaining about Mexico having immigration laws and enforcing them. Why would Hispanic-Americans feel screwed over if we don't amnesty immigration violators and continue to enforce our immigration laws just like every other country does?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Not just Hispanics. He had significant majorities of Hispanics, AA's and Asians. Republicans got destroyed across the board by racial minorities.
Yes, but I doubt that all those other minorities voted for Obama because of his promise of amnesty. Their reasons weren't based on wanting Obama to thumb his nose at our immigration laws. They voted for him because of other issues/reasons none of which had anything to do with wanting to give lawbreakers a free pass. See the difference?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,005,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Let's see if I can get some honest answers from you. Why do Hispanic-Americans want amnesty for illegal immigrants? Why are they blackmailing our politicians for votes? Are they opposed to all countries having immigration laws or just ours? I haven't heard them complaining about Mexico having immigration laws and enforcing them. Why would Hispanic-Americans feel screwed over if we don't amnesty immigration violators and continue to enforce our immigration laws just like every other country does?
So you want me to answer your loaded questions honestly?

The fact is that they want immigration reform. Most people do, Hispanic or otherwise. Not all Hispanics support amnesty, but there are different versions of what people think is amnesty to begin with. I don't think most people support citizenship without consequence, aside from maybe those kids brought to the US through no fault of their own. I think requirements should be learning English, paying a fine, taking a civics class, staying out of criminal trouble, etc.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:48 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,005,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, but I doubt that all those other minorities voted for Obama because of his promise of amnesty. Their reasons weren't based on wanting Obama to thumb his nose at our immigration laws. They voted for him because of other issues/reasons none of which had anything to do with wanting to give lawbreakers a free pass. See the difference?
And I don't think amnesty was necessarily the big issue with Hispanics, either. Most people, including racial minorities, still vote on economics more than anything else. Immigration reform was likely a higher priority issue for Hispanics than other groups, but certainly not the only one under consideration. Given how all these groups voted, clearly the Democrats are doing something rigth by them. And it's not free handouts or whatever other ridiculous notion you guys have. Asians are some of the most intelligent, hard-working people out there, with some of the lowest rates of government dependency, lower than whites. Why are they voting Democratic if there aren't bigger issues at play... and bigger problems with the Republican message?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
And I don't think amnesty was necessarily the big issue with Hispanics, either. Most people, including racial minorities, still vote on economics more than anything else. Immigration reform was likely a higher priority issue for Hispanics than other groups, but certainly not the only one under consideration. Given how all these groups voted, clearly the Democrats are doing something rigth by them. And it's not free handouts or whatever other ridiculous notion you guys have. Asians are some of the most intelligent, hard-working people out there, with some of the lowest rates of government dependency, lower than whites. Why are they voting Democratic if there aren't bigger issues at play... and bigger problems with the Republican message?
You'd be wrong then. I could post several polls that prove that immigration is the number one issue with the majority of Hispanics. Read this article and especially the part about immigration.

Is the Latino vote up for grabs? Stanford pollster says no

I already pointed out to you that Asians and other non-hispanic minorities didn't vote for Obama based on his promise of amnesty. All you are doing is repeating my own words.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So you want me to answer your loaded questions honestly?

The fact is that they want immigration reform. Most people do, Hispanic or otherwise. Not all Hispanics support amnesty, but there are different versions of what people think is amnesty to begin with. I don't think most people support citizenship without consequence, aside from maybe those kids brought to the US through no fault of their own. I think requirements should be learning English, paying a fine, taking a civics class, staying out of criminal trouble, etc.
Loaded questions? What about them was loaded? Simple straight forward answers will do. I asked you why so many Hispanics want amnesty you gave no reason. I asked you several other questions but no answers to them either. Instead you go on about what you think the requirements for amnesty should be. Why dodge the questions? No, most people do not want amnesty because it isn't in the best interests of our country. I never said that all Hispanics support amensty. I said the majority of them do.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Libya coverup by Obama.
Media coverup of Obama coverup.
Obama just used Hispanics, now will abandon them.
This was all part of the plan, did you see the 2016 movie?!?

How many more do you want?
Okay, I guess I arrived a little late to the party, and didn't read this thread from the beginning. In any case, what makes you think those are just conspiracy theories? Benghazi was indeed a cover up. Why do you think Petraeus conveniently resigned a week prior to his scheduled testimony? Oh, that's right, he had an affair.

I think most realize by now the media only reports what their leaders dictate. And, I have no doubt Obama has tremendous influence over their reporting. After all, he's now a member of the elite globalists who own this country.

It remains to be seen whether Obama will abandon Hispanics. But, one thing I do know, he used them to get re-elected, and huge numbers voted for him because he promised amnesty for their illegal relatives and friends. So, he got what he wanted, but he alone does not have the authority to give them what they want. Although, he did give illegals DACA after their Hispanic supporters threatened to withhold their votes. Too bad he doesn't realize how many called him the "N word" (among other things) prior to his generous gift. Or, perhaps he does know, but just doesn't care. In any case, he doesn't give a damn about them, and they certainly don't give a damn about him. It should be interesting.

I didn't see the movie 2016, but I do believe cheap labor and the destruction of the middle class is a pivotal part of the globalists' plan. Soon, we'll resemble China where the peasants work in slave shops for $.50 per day, and live in rat-infested government-owned dorms. Or, perhaps we'll just become a replica of Mexico, where the drug cartels rule and corruption abounds.

Oops, more conspiracy theories. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration