U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,671,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Democrats face a major problem there. I mean who on earth does Obama hand the torch to in 2016? Its not like there is anyone close in the Democratic party that can match Obama's charisma and political skills. Hillary most likely will not run but even if she does she will be looked upon by many as someone who's time has already passed. Julian Castro is not even ready to be a VP on a ticket in 2016 let alone run for the presidency outright.

I just don't see anyone on the horizon for the Dems in 2016.
Perhaps. I mean, i'm not ready to prognosticate that far out. Hell, i thought Obama was gonna lose this election for the last few years, so i don't know.

But of course, someone will emerge. Remember that Obama appeared out of thin air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Republicans have no choice but to go with some kind of immigration reform. If they stonewall they will lose the few hispanic votes they do have. The president will introduce immigration reform and if the pubs say now they will be crucified over it. They need to gain hispanic votes not lose them. Any hint of fight back will doom them for 2016.
What sank Romney IMHO was him being Mormon and being "too" far right wing on other things IMHO. Not the Repubs wanting to cut off any amnesty for illegal aliens.

You gotta remember that 1 Hispanic in 3 did NOT vote for Obama. Hispanics ain't in the pocket of the Dems like most Black people.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,038,589 times
Default Amnesty is right

We should open up our borders. Mexicans are a proud and noble people and this was their country at one time. I welcome them in this country and value them over clueless Conservatives.

The President will continue his fine work resuscitating the country from the Dubya Dark Ages. He still may face obstruction from the ignorant Republican House members, but if he grants amnesty, GOOD.

It would be a move that is counter to what Republicans want, WHICH MEANS IT IS GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
We should open up our borders. Mexicans are a proud and noble people and this was their country at one time. I welcome them in this country and value them over clueless Conservatives.

The President will continue his fine work resuscitating the country from the Dubya Dark Ages. He still may face obstruction from the ignorant Republican House members, but if he grants amnesty, GOOD.

It would be a move that is counter to what Republicans want, WHICH MEANS IT IS GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY.
You better check with Texas 1st; they gave Mexico the boot in 1836 and, while you're at it, Guatemala also threw out Mexico in 1830. IMHO we did mess up: the US should've taken ALL of Mexico in 1848.

Not much noble about Mexico: it's a messed up country where the rich Mexicans don't like "brown" people.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM

31,710 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Republicans have no choice but to go with some kind of immigration reform. If they stonewall they will lose the few hispanic votes they do have. The president will introduce immigration reform and if the pubs say now they will be crucified over it. They need to gain hispanic votes not lose them. Any hint of fight back will doom them for 2016.
Why do Hispanics think that our poltiicians should snub their noses at our immigration laws and reward those for violating them? Aren't we all Americans who should honor our laws? It isn't reform that they seek but outright amnesty.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM

31,710 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What sank Romney IMHO was him being Mormon and being "too" far right wing on other things IMHO. Not the Repubs wanting to cut off any amnesty for illegal aliens.

You gotta remember that 1 Hispanic in 3 did NOT vote for Obama. Hispanics ain't in the pocket of the Dems like most Black people.
Really? I may be wrong but I thought I heard that Obama got 70% of the Hispanic vote yesterday.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,788,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Just looking at some of the numbers and the fact Romney couldn't even get to McCain numbers suggest evangelicals stayed home to a degree probably because of his religion.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? I may be wrong but I thought I heard that Obama got 70% of the Hispanic vote yesterday.
Close: 70 percent is just over 2 out of 3.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Clueless? You might rethink your claim as what IS clueless is actually your claim. The southwest may have been claimed by Spain as a Territory, But Mexico never made it part of its nation, it was still territory under Mexico during the short stint that Mexico claimed it.

Your partisan ignorance shines through.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,130,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Get ready folks I for one will not fight it anymore the Left has won might as well speed the decline up.
Nonsense;they coulf vee pass it when bush was president. there is widwspread oppositio to anther amnesty have the last promises in the 80's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration