U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM

6,961 posts, read 12,378,519 times

Advertisements

Let the whining begin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 PM

19,580 posts, read 7,957,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I was very much against Bush but Obama has not corrected any of Bush's mistakes -- in fact Obama is promising the illegals that he will pour big money into recreating the housing bubble because they like those jobs. Just what lead us into recession in the first place.
Nope, wasn't talking about Bush. And Obama didn't lead us into a recession. He inherited it.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I was very much against Bush but Obama has not corrected any of Bush's mistakes -- in fact Obama is promising the illegals that he will pour big money into recreating the housing bubble because they like those jobs. Just what lead us into recession in the first place.

I noticed that, and thought "Is this man crazy?" That's what got us into the mess we're in today. I may be wrong, but I got the impression that he's promising low cost loans to questionable buyers again too.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:07 AM

69,286 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Get ready folks I for one will not fight it anymore the Left has won might as well speed the decline up.
I think we have to address this and yes, some form is here, it has to be. Whether Obama won or we got our choice, amnesty would have been a major issue. Now, it is up to the Republicans to come up with a plan that will work, if anything will. We need a worker/visa plan as well. I have to agree with both Newt and Perry: Perry says, in state tuition has got to be for these kids that were brought here as young children,better that than living on welfare. Newt said, you can't send therse people, who have been here for 25 years, who have entire families here, back and break up the family. Both make sense. Should this ever have happened? NO, it makes me sick to think we just sat back and allowed this, but now we have to deal with it.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 AM

31,489 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we have to address this and yes, some form is here, it has to be. Whether Obama won or we got our choice, amnesty would have been a major issue. Now, it is up to the Republicans to come up with a plan that will work, if anything will. We need a worker/visa plan as well. I have to agree with both Newt and Perry: Perry says, in state tuition has got to be for these kids that were brought here as young children,better that than living on welfare. Newt said, you can't send therse people, who have been here for 25 years, who have entire families here, back and break up the family. Both make sense. Should this ever have happened? NO, it makes me sick to think we just sat back and allowed this, but now we have to deal with it.
IMO, this is just rewarding their parents for violating our immigration laws. The Republicans already came up with a plan. Internal enforcement and removing the incentives that keep them here and continue to attract them to our country. We already have several worker/visa plans. We have 23 milion Americans out of work why would we create more of them?

These "kids" need to go back to their homelands with their parents and utilize the education that we have given them to improve their own countries. Therefore, there will be no breakup of familes. It makes no sense to reward those who managed to hide from the law the longest and that were probably using fake or stolen ID's to work which are felonies. Why would we give them a pass on a felony? Do Americans get that? Also, we need the jobs they are holding. Legalizing these "kids" will just put more foreigners in competition for the scarce jobs that we have. They need to continue their educations in their own countries. There is limited space in our colleges and universities. The breaks in tuition should go to our own kids.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
We can still deport even illegal aliens who've been here for 20 years or more. I don't care about "breaking up their families"; if an American did something and got sent to prison, the end is the same. Sheesh!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
Illegal need to realise that break the laws of US and thinkig that by doig so they can get at the front of the immigration line is not going to happen again.Amnsety is a dead issue since Bush brought it up again when in office.90's aqmnety was a one time thign as sold to voters and the remided politicians of that and that they still have to seal the borders as in the law.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh really. I kept hearing that no incumbent has won with the economy this bad. And here is Obama winning every swing state except for NC. I would say that's a landslide considering most voted on the economy. I don't expect any protests unless of course it's against congress. They were the ones who vetoed the Dream Act.
I rarely agree with you but you're right. They'll be mute protests maybe some angry calls to Congressmen but nothing much. Elections have consequences if folks had a problem with this they should have voted accordingly.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Quote:
Yup sensible and reasonable.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
We can still deport even illegal aliens who've been here for 20 years or more. I don't care about "breaking up their families"; if an American did something and got sent to prison, the end is the same. Sheesh!
Mexico didn't have any trouble getting them to leave Mexico -- why is it so much harder for us to get them to leave?

All we have to do is what Mexico did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration