U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But are most of our unemployed willing to pick cotton, work on farms, and in chicken factories? Those jobs are open to Americans as well, but for whatever reason Americans are not willing to take them. Remember I am a hard core conservative, but I also see the printing on the wall. We have to do something and work visas would mainly be used for those working the fields, etc. Yes, Americans need jobs, but how many are going to work for min wages? Many of the unemployed will not and this has been proven..Ok, you can say, we are not willing to pay enough, but if a job pays min wage and US Citizens are not willing to work for that, then give the jobs to someone that will. Who said anything about special privileges? I don't believe in special anything based on color or ethnicticy...I don't believe in any form of afirmative action, but I am also a realist. I will add, any employer caught hiring illegals should be fined, jailed or punished in some way. But, you know this is all fine to say. We have as large community of Hispanics here in NWA which might surprise many. A lot of them work in the chicken industry. Thus we have Hispanic grocery stores. Being from Ca, I have to have my Mexican food fix periodically. We shop at one of these markets.Everyone speaks a little English, but most,not much. Are they legals? I don't know, I would hope so, but I will tell you the store is spotless, the prices, specially on produce are much less than the super markets, the selection is great and the people are friendly. Add to that the store, obviously is a business and paying taxes to our state and the city.

You mention encouraging more illegals to move here, this is where cracking down at the border comes in. How do you think so many have gotten here? We all know, too often eyes were closed, we let this happen, we need many more border control workers and we need to crack down on new illegals. There is just no other choice, as I see it.
Do you actually not realize only 3-4% of illegal aliens are picking crops? Not to mention, a whopping 75% of agriculture workers are either citizens or legal immigrants. So, please don't believe the lie that illegals are responsible for all of our food, and without them lettuce would cost $10/head. That's nothing but pro-illegal propaganda.

What do you think the remaining 96-97% of illegals are doing? I'll tell you. They are working jobs Americans WILL do. As a matter of fact, even illegals don't want to work the field, but many do because they lack the skills to do anything else. In addition, many citizens are indeed working minimum wage jobs, and always have. Without an education, which many citizens lack, their job prospects are limited. Should we eliminate their jobs and offer them to illegals? That is, the ones illegals don't already have. Talk to a few former construction workers, and you will see how illegal immigration has destroyed their livelihood.

If you actually believe illegal aliens are only doing the jobs Americans won't do, click the following links.

Suspected Illegal Workers Found at Halliburton Job Site

Alaska police officer accused of being illegal immigrant - CNN

Illegal alien working as flight attendant charged with identity theft - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

Almost 40 Illegal Immigrants Rounded Up at U.S. Military Bases | Fox News

Illegal Immigrant Bimbo Olumuyiwa Oyewoleknown Allegedly Assumes Identity Of Dead Man To Get Top Security Post At Newark Liberty « CBS New York

Ex-reporter says he's an illegal immigrant - US news - Life | NBC News

Our borders weren't secured following the last mass amnesty, and they won't be if we grant another. So, with porous borders and another amnesty gift, it stands to reason, millions more will flee to our shores. Why wouldn't they when there is nothing to stop them?

I simply cannot believe how many citizens are now so willing to throw in the towel. Heaven forbid millions of our enemies should breach our border security. I suppose we'd have to embrace them as well. This new defeatist mindset is so sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
The insanity of all of this is the fact that had our borders been secured as promised, this entire fiasco could have been avoided. We have become a nation of uninformed idiots as the current generation blindly voting for POTUS is nothing more than a popularity contest.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It is long past time for term limits. Unfortunately, it's too late to do anything, as our demise as a sovereign nation has been in motion since 1986 and the chickens have come home to roost.
Sadly, by the time they realize what has happened, it will be too late. Then, they'll whine about having to stand in line at the soup kitchen. How can so many be so blind?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:14 PM

12,796 posts, read 12,804,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Get ready folks I for one will not fight it anymore the Left has won might as well speed the decline up.
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
If Obama tries for an amnesty, we do the same thing we did to stop Bush---get on the phones, and make life miserable for Congress, until they vote against it just to get us to go away. Since the Hispanic vote is no longer useful to him, he may just drop it, and work on some other agenda.
lol, what? This Hispanic vote is growing, and Obama wants them to stay overwhelmingly Democratic. He's not going to go out of his way to screw them over, despite your fantasies to the contrary. I suspect that Hispanics will end up being a lot like African Americans... long-term/permanent Democratic voters. In that scenario, Republicans may as well call it a day.

BTW, love the epic meltdowns in this forum since election day. It's amazing how many conspiracy theories can fit into one thread.

Last edited by Yac; 11-12-2012 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged

Old 11-10-2012, 02:19 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,427,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, by the time they realize what has happened, it will be too late. Then, they'll whine about having to stand in line at the soup kitchen. How can so many be so blind?
Our politicians and the wealthy corporate masters are greedy and profitting from the illegal alien invasion. The majority of the rest of America is lazy, and uninvolved. I know this because whenever I am on break at work or in line in a store, etc., I strike up a conversation with an individual or the group of people around me about illegal immigration and the direction of the country. Most are deer in headlights and have no idea what is going on because right now they are either: still employed, do not live in a neighborhood saturated with illegals, or are not affected by it personally, yet. Others simply are ignorant and choose not to educate themselves or get involved in trying to reverse it. By the time the rest of America wakes up, America for all intents and purposes will be DOA.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You better check with Texas 1st; they gave Mexico the boot in 1836 and, while you're at it, Guatemala also threw out Mexico in 1830. IMHO we did mess up: the US should've taken ALL of Mexico in 1848.

Not much noble about Mexico: it's a messed up country where the rich Mexicans don't like "brown" people.
OMFG, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? I may be wrong but I thought I heard that Obama got 70% of the Hispanic vote yesterday.
Not just Hispanics. He had significant majorities of Hispanics, AA's and Asians. Republicans got destroyed across the board by racial minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
[/b]

I think you got that right. Young people see Obama as 'cool,' and Romney as 'that old white man.' They have no idea what a vote for president will mean to their futures. If it's not happening right here, right now, it doesn't affect them, and any article that doesn't have the name Kardashian attached to it isn't worth reading. Just on the issue of immigration, when they have to actually start supporting themselves, and a family, they'll see what we meant by supporting illegal aliens with our tax money, and illegal aliens suppressing wages.
Pretty sure Romney tried the They Don't Know What's Good For Them strategy. Insulting the electorate is not a great way to win elections.

Last edited by Yac; 11-12-2012 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged

Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,175,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
We should open up our borders. Mexicans are a proud and noble people and this was their country at one time. I welcome them in this country and value them over clueless Conservatives.

The President will continue his fine work resuscitating the country from the Dubya Dark Ages. He still may face obstruction from the ignorant Republican House members, but if he grants amnesty, GOOD.

It would be a move that is counter to what Republicans want, WHICH MEANS IT IS GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY.
The joke will be on you as they stream into Black neighborhoods and take jobs away from their kids and crowd them out of any opportunities.

After all they will qualify for affirmative action also. Still crying about Bush I see. Talk about clueless.

Just take a look at what's been going aroud Los Angeles in the last decade or so as Blacks lose power to ethnocentric Hispanics, THAT will be your future that you wish for.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously English is not your first language if you think "landslide" means little over half the vote and you lost very large portions of the country. Obama most definitely did not have a landslide and even Bush did better in his second term win as an incumbent.

And there will many turning against Obama in a short time if he fails to create jobs for the 24 million unemployed AMERICANS while he heaps the rewards on all those who have so little respect for this nation and it's people that they will break any law that gets in their way.
Those large portions of the nation have fewer people. It has to do with population density. Sorry, but Kansas is not worth as much as New York. And Obama easily won the popular vote as well while getting the EV landslide. Spin it however you wish but Republicans were soundly defeated.

2004: Bush won the popular vote by 2.46%
2012: Obama won the popular vote by 2.64%

And why do people that don't understand economics keep talking about the economy? Recessions don't just happen, and they don't just magically get fixed. Severe downturns take years to fix, and their recoveries are historically slow. You should be grateful the economy is in recovery at all after 2nd worst downturn in 100 years.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
BTW, love the epic meltdowns in this forum since election day. It's amazing how many conspiracy theories can fit into one thread.
Would you mind quoting a few? I have to leave now, but would love to read them later. Apparently I missed them.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Would you mind quoting a few? I have to leave now, but would love to read them later. Apparently I missed them.
Libya coverup by Obama.
Media coverup of Obama coverup.
Obama just used Hispanics, now will abandon them.
This was all part of the plan, did you see the 2016 movie?!?

How many more do you want?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,392,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
In theory or in the perfect world I would agree, but we have to face the fact we have millions of illegals here and we can not begin to deport them all, plus, in fairness, I am sure many of the children were brought here for a better life. If we give them a path to citizenship and demand they become citizens, we set a law they must learn English and we do not even give illegals free emergancy treatment or any form of welfare, help those who really want to be productive be so, demand voter ID and do not allow anyone who is not either holding a green card or a citizen get a drivers lisense, we can go along way to controling the influx. After we attack the issues of iligals, we crack down on the borders. or visa versa, we stop the infaltration and then find ways to weed out those who are not productive citizens.
We can make their lives difficult and they really will leave. Why should we hand the right to skip the immigration lines to what amounts to Mexico's dysfunctional underclass in the name of appeasing hispanic nationalism? The only way to get them to go home is to refuse them anything at all including amnesty. You can say well make them learn English, don't give them welfare access and don't let them drive on our roads but they'll demand citizenship without any preconditions.

No.

No amnesty for them or their arrogant, ungrateful, racist brats. Arrest them. Confiscate their assets. Do not provide them with interpreters. Institute economic sanctions against Mexico and Guatemala and any other nation with large numbers of illegals. Far too many Latin American governments labor under the insane delusion that the way to make the lives of their countrymen easier is to ship their dumbest scum here.

That needs to stop. The only way it will stop is by making it clear that harsh penalties will be instituted if it does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration