Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we have to address this and yes, some form is here, it has to be. Whether Obama won or we got our choice, amnesty would have been a major issue. Now, it is up to the Republicans to come up with a plan that will work, if anything will. We need a worker/visa plan as well. I have to agree with both Newt and Perry: Perry says, in state tuition has got to be for these kids that were brought here as young children,better that than living on welfare. Newt said, you can't send therse people, who have been here for 25 years, who have entire families here, back and break up the family. Both make sense. Should this ever have happened? NO, it makes me sick to think we just sat back and allowed this, but now we have to deal with it.
When we have millions of unemployed Americans we don't need to hand work permits to foreigners. Especially those who break our laws. We can tell illegals to go home and take their families with them. Ilegals came to this country and left some of their families behind. Nothing is stopping them for going back home except their desire to mooch off our welfare system. Just because someone has fathered a child here and spent two decades evading our laws does not entitle him to citizenship.

The best way to "deal with it" is to finally enforce our laws. Granting special ethnic privileges to foreigners on the basis of race will only encourage more illegals to move here with hopes of amnesty. That's the very last thing we need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I noticed that, and thought "Is this man crazy?" That's what got us into the mess we're in today. I may be wrong, but I got the impression that he's promising low cost loans to questionable buyers again too.

Erazno entrevista a Obama antes de las elecciones del 2012 - YouTube

In semi-English.

Obama makes it pretty clear that he stereotypes "latinos" as wanting the housing jobs. The housing industry he intends to rebuild is for their purposes -- not for the American people. See 1:31

At 4:66 Obama promises to override the Supreme Court on Arizona law for his illegal friends --- so much for separation and balance of powers and the Constitution -- the foreigners coming here illegally don't like that.

For some reason the "early vote" helps "latinos" in particular -- but that is what is claimed in this interview. And the most hilarious thing is toward the end, they try to make Cesar Chavez some leader of the illegals when he actually was not -- he fought against illegals and open borders. Cesar Chavez and his group also fought against the Bracero program.

You kind of get the idea that the illegals only worship Obama for what they can extort out of him, and he really only cares about getting their easy votes. He knows that they do not care about the US economy, jobs for Americans, the sky high national debt, only about unlimited immigration, amnesty, Dream Act.

12:53 - Obama again brings up "construction jobs" -- knowing those are jobs for the illegals, not for the American people.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
I think we have to address this and yes, some form is here, it has to be. Whether Obama won or we got our choice, amnesty would have been a major issue. Now, it is up to the Republicans to come up with a plan that will work, if anything will. We need a worker/visa plan as well. I have to agree with both Newt and Perry: Perry says, in state tuition has got to be for these kids that were brought here as young children,better that than living on welfare. Newt said, you can't send therse people, who have been here for 25 years, who have entire families here, back and break up the family. Both make sense. Should this ever have happened? NO, it makes me sick to think we just sat back and allowed this, but now we have to deal with it.
Have we learned nothing from the last mass amnesty in 1986? How many times must we do this before we realize it simply does not work? The only viable solution is the enforcement of our laws and the removal of all incentives. Otherwise, we are inviting anarchy. It is fundamentally wrong to reward unlawful behavior, which is precisely what amnesty does. We are a sovereign nation, at least for now. But, if we grant another amnesty to million of illegal aliens, we will send a resounding message to the world that our laws are meaningless, and our country is a free-for-all. This will have one result: Millions more will come.

We do not have the resources to grant another amnesty. Do you actually not realize the billions in tax dollars such a huge undertaking would involve? Mass deportation is also not a solution. Again, billions of tax dollars wasted. Illegal aliens are here because our government allows it. It's as simple as that. It's way past time to take off the gloves and get serious. We are under no obligation to offer illegals anything, none whatsoever.

I assure you, if we allow another amnesty, it will prove to be the biggest mistake this country ever made. Most illegals are low-skilled and uneducated, and will require government assistance. I'm sorry, but we simply cannot afford it, nor can we sustain this additional unnecessary burden. What's more important? Being nice to millions of people who don't give a flying fig about us or our country, or helping our own survive? As the old adage says, "Charity begins at home."

Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Erazno entrevista a Obama antes de las elecciones del 2012 - YouTube

In semi-English.

Obama makes it pretty clear that he stereotypes "latinos" as wanting the housing jobs. The housing industry he intends to rebuild is for their purposes -- not for the American people. See 1:31

At 4:66 Obama promises to override the Supreme Court on Arizona law for his illegal friends --- so much for separation and balance of powers and the Constitution -- the foreigners coming here illegally don't like that.

For some reason the "early vote" helps "latinos" in particular -- but that is what is claimed in this interview. And the most hilarious thing is toward the end, they try to make Cesar Chavez some leader of the illegals when he actually was not -- he fought against illegals and open borders. Cesar Chavez and his group also fought against the Bracero program.

You kind of get the idea that the illegals only worship Obama for what they can extort out of him, and he really only cares about getting their easy votes. He knows that they do not care about the US economy, jobs for Americans, the sky high national debt, only about unlimited immigration, amnesty, Dream Act.

12:53 - Obama again brings up "construction jobs" -- knowing those are jobs for the illegals, not for the American people.
I would have to disagree with you just a bit. Although I think we all know that some illegals have voted his target base was Hispanic citizens who want amnesty and that is the majority of their ethnic group.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, this is just rewarding their parents for violating our immigration laws. The Republicans already came up with a plan. Internal enforcement and removing the incentives that keep them here and continue to attract them to our country. We already have several worker/visa plans. We have 23 milion Americans out of work why would we create more of them?

These "kids" need to go back to their homelands with their parents and utilize the education that we have given them to improve their own countries. Therefore, there will be no breakup of familes. It makes no sense to reward those who managed to hide from the law the longest and that were probably using fake or stolen ID's to work which are felonies. Why would we give them a pass on a felony? Do Americans get that? Also, we need the jobs they are holding. Legalizing these "kids" will just put more foreigners in competition for the scarce jobs that we have. They need to continue their educations in their own countries. There is limited space in our colleges and universities. The breaks in tuition should go to our own kids.
In theory or in the perfect world I would agree, but we have to face the fact we have millions of illegals here and we can not begin to deport them all, plus, in fairness, I am sure many of the children were brought here for a better life. If we give them a path to citizenship and demand they become citizens, we set a law they must learn English and we do not even give illegals free emergancy treatment or any form of welfare, help those who really want to be productive be so, demand voter ID and do not allow anyone who is not either holding a green card or a citizen get a drivers lisense, we can go along way to controling the influx. After we attack the issues of iligals, we crack down on the borders. or visa versa, we stop the infaltration and then find ways to weed out those who are not productive citizens.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
In theory or in the perfect world I would agree, but we have to face the fact we have millions of illegals here and we can not begin to deport them all, plus, in fairness, I am sure many of the children were brought here for a better life. If we give them a path to citizenship and demand they become citizens, we set a law they must learn English and we do not even give illegals free emergancy treatment or any form of welfare, help those who really want to be productive be so, demand voter ID and do not allow anyone who is not either holding a green card or a citizen get a drivers lisense, we can go along way to controling the influx. After we attack the issues of iligals, we crack down on the borders. or visa versa, we stop the infaltration and then find ways to weed out those who are not productive citizens.
There are already many paths to citizenship and legal status -- these people chose to come here illegally and live here illegally. Let them stay illegal. It's not a choice between make them all citizens or do a complete roundup.

There is absolutely no reason to reward them with easy citizenship. They're easier to deport when they make their presence know, and also if the whole argument for having illegals here is that we need the dirt cheap labor, making them citizens defeats that whole reason for having them.

They can stay illegal -- and if they ever choose to do things the right way, they know how they can do that.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
We already have laws. It is already against the law to employ, aid, or abet illegal aliens. A valid SSN is required for employment. English is already required for citizenship, with a few exceptions. We cannot deny "free" emergency treatment, because it would be inhumane. Illegal aliens are already ineligible for many benefits, but they circumvent those laws by giving birth. Birthright Citizenship will not be rescinded.

We "attacked" this issue in 1986. We were promised if we granted amnesty our borders would be secured, our laws would be enforced, and there would be zero tolerance for immigration violators (employers and employees). We were also promised we would never offer another mass amnesty. None of the promises were honored then, and they won't be now. Again, amnesty is NOT the solution.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
When we have millions of unemployed Americans we don't need to hand work permits to foreigners. Especially those who break our laws. We can tell illegals to go home and take their families with them. Ilegals came to this country and left some of their families behind. Nothing is stopping them for going back home except their desire to mooch off our welfare system. Just because someone has fathered a child here and spent two decades evading our laws does not entitle him to citizenship.

The best way to "deal with it" is to finally enforce our laws. Granting special ethnic privileges to foreigners on the basis of race will only encourage more illegals to move here with hopes of amnesty. That's the very last thing we need.
But are most of our unemployed willing to pick cotton, work on farms, and in chicken factories? Those jobs are open to Americans as well, but for whatever reason Americans are not willing to take them. Remember I am a hard core conservative, but I also see the printing on the wall. We have to do something and work visas would mainly be used for those working the fields, etc. Yes, Americans need jobs, but how many are going to work for min wages? Many of the unemployed will not and this has been proven..Ok, you can say, we are not willing to pay enough, but if a job pays min wage and US Citizens are not willing to work for that, then give the jobs to someone that will. Who said anything about special privileges? I don't believe in special anything based on color or ethnicticy...I don't believe in any form of afirmative action, but I am also a realist. I will add, any employer caught hiring illegals should be fined, jailed or punished in some way. But, you know this is all fine to say. We have as large community of Hispanics here in NWA which might surprise many. A lot of them work in the chicken industry. Thus we have Hispanic grocery stores. Being from Ca, I have to have my Mexican food fix periodically. We shop at one of these markets.Everyone speaks a little English, but most,not much. Are they legals? I don't know, I would hope so, but I will tell you the store is spotless, the prices, specially on produce are much less than the super markets, the selection is great and the people are friendly. Add to that the store, obviously is a business and paying taxes to our state and the city.

You mention encouraging more illegals to move here, this is where cracking down at the border comes in. How do you think so many have gotten here? We all know, too often eyes were closed, we let this happen, we need many more border control workers and we need to crack down on new illegals. There is just no other choice, as I see it.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We already have laws. It is already against the law to employ, aid, or abet illegal aliens. A valid SSN is required for employment. English is already required for citizenship, with a few exceptions. We cannot deny "free" emergency treatment, because it would be inhumane. Illegal aliens are already ineligible for many benefits, but they circumvent those laws by giving birth. Birthright Citizenship will not be rescinded.

We "attacked" this issue in 1986. We were promised if we granted amnesty our borders would be secured, our laws would be enforced, and there would be zero tolerance for immigration violators (employers and employees). We were also promised we would never offer another mass amnesty. None of the promises were honored then, and they won't be now. Again, amnesty is NOT the solution.
The insanity of all of this is the fact that had our borders been secured as promised, this entire fiasco could have been avoided. We have become a nation of uninformed idiots as the current generation blindly voting for POTUS is nothing more than a popularity contest.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It is long past time for term limits. Unfortunately, it's too late to do anything, as our demise as a sovereign nation has been in motion since 1986 and the chickens have come home to roost.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Uh; we can't get all illegal aliens but MOST would leave if it was made very hard for them here in the US. Like no more birthright citizenship, no government ID's of any kind in the US, English only for government business, proof of legal status when going for food stamps and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration