U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Census numbers rely heavily on participation, which is very low to negligible in illegal populations.

I think you guys just have to face facts that it was legal residents who voted Obama. This blame illegals crap is going to keep you losing.
How do you know how many illegal immigrants filled out the census forms? They aren't asked on the forms what their status is. I would be willing to bet that those who have a vested interest in wanting to inflate the Hispanic numbers in population would encourage them to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Um, if they are illegal, they tend not to be counted as part of the population. They're not recorded in census numbers. That's why the population of illegals is an estimate, because no one really knows the exact number. So even if California had 25 million extra illegals, it would not change the electoral votes they get. This is a dumb thread.
Wrong. Illegal immigrants that fill out their census forms are counted as part of our population. Yes, the larger the population in any given state the more electoral votes they get.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM

12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only ones that will be turned off are the ethnocentric type of Hispanics who think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws. Even if the GOP went along with an amnesty these same Hispanics wouldn't vote for a Republican anyway. So why should they pander to them? I posted a good article about this under another topic for you.
Keep telling yourself that this is just a fringe position. The bottom line is that Obama won other minorities for a reason. Putting so much negative focus on this issue just makes the GOP look bad. They look bad to Hispanics, other minorities, the youth... All groups the GOP must start winning or become irrelevant as a party. When you focus on maligning these people, whether or not they are illegal, you turn off far more than just the fringe.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
And threads like this are why Democrats will continue to win over the Hispanic vote in large numbers. You guys are just not getting the message.
What message aren't we getting? You mean in order to win over the Hispanic vote we have to thumb our noses at our immigration laws and continue with 23 million Americans out of work while illegal immigrants get amnesty and able to keep those jobs? Isn't that not only blackmail but self-serving of their group? I thought we as Americans are "all" obligated to respect our laws regardless of our race/ethnicity.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that this is just a fringe position. The bottom line is that Obama won other minorities for a reason. Putting so much negative focus on this issue just makes the GOP look bad. They look bad to Hispanics, other minorities, the youth... All groups the GOP must start winning or become irrelevant as a party. When you focus on maligning these people, whether or not they are illegal, you turn off far more than just the fringe.
Yes, he won other minorities for a reason but it had little to do with his stance on illegal immigration. That was mostly a Hispanic thing.

Negative focus? What does that mean. Wanting our immigration laws enforced and not another amnesty with 23 million Americans out of work is a negative focus?

Why shouldn't illegal immigrants be maligned? They are lawbreakers. Or do you think that thieves and all other kinds of lawbreakers shouldn't be maligned either? No one is maligning legals or citizens unless they don't respect the rule of law. What these pro-illegal immigrants are doing is holding our politicians and laws hostage to get what they want. When did blackmail become the American way?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM

12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, he won other minorities for a reason but it had little to do with his stance on illegal immigration. That was mostly a Hispanic thing.

Negative focus? What does that mean. Wanting our immigration laws enforced and not another amnesty with 23 million Americans out of work is a negative focus?

Why shouldn't illegal immigrants be maligned? They are lawbreakers. Or do you think that thieves and all other kinds of lawbreakers shouldn't be maligned either? No one is maligning legals or citizens unless they don't respect the rule of law. What these pro-illegal immigrants are doing is holding our politicians and laws hostage to get what they want. When did blackmail become the American way?
Most people just don't share your vitrol when it comes to illegals. This forum is mostly for people who are unable or unwilling to hold balanced, realistic positions on immigration. It's "Illegals are terrible people and I want them gone!". That just doesn't fly with most of the public, and until you get that, you're going to keep losing.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Most people just don't share your vitrol when it comes to illegals. This forum is mostly for people who are unable or unwilling to hold balanced, realistic positions on immigration. It's "Illegals are terrible people and I want them gone!". That just doesn't fly with most of the public, and until you get that, you're going to keep losing.
Proof, please. When did the bulk of U.S. citizenry stop respecting our immigration laws and stop wanting them enforced? Our immigration laws are not unbalanced nor unrealistic.

No, it's that illegal immigrants are here in violation of our immigration laws and our laws say they must be deported. Keep losing? Is this that blackmail thing again?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
Illegals are not supposed to be able to vote but hispanics view on illegal immigration disgusts me. Its at the point that hispanics will vote overwhelmingly democrat every election just because of the democratic parties view on illegal immigration. And the fact they need welfare.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Um, if they are illegal, they tend not to be counted as part of the population. They're not recorded in census numbers. That's why the population of illegals is an estimate, because no one really knows the exact number. So even if California had 25 million extra illegals, it would not change the electoral votes they get. This is a dumb thread.
Quote:
Census numbers rely heavily on participation, which is very low to negligible in illegal populations.

I think you guys just have to face facts that it was legal residents who voted Obama. This blame illegals crap is going to keep you losing.
You're right. No one has a clue, which is why the "estimated" 11-12 million is such a joke. They offer that number realizing there are far more here than that. I wonder how many will come "out of the shadows" if Obama offers amnesty. . . 20, 30, 40 million? Who knows?

They do in fact include their estimates in the census. And, their numbers do indeed impact the electoral votes.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Do you personally know "most of the public?" I highly doubt it. I think you need to speak for yourself, because there is more than enough evidence to prove the majority oppose amnesty. Heck, the last time they tried it, they received so much opposition the switchboards had to be closed.

Be very careful what you wish for. If another amnesty is passed, you won't get another chance to see the light. I almost wish they would pass amnesty, just to have the satisfaction of watching the bleeding hearts choke on crow. But, that would mean we would all have to suffer. Nope, I certainly don't want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or