U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Illegals cannot vote. Legal foreigners also cannot vote. One needs to register in voting list. Its not that one can just walk and say my name is john retard and I live in lunatic street and yippy-I can vote.
Request for Voter Registration Applications
this application one can fill only if one is a citizen. and have you ever seen driving license of a legal foreigner living in USA-it is clearly mentioned there that he/she is an alien. The voter registration is verified against driving license record. Before spreading lies-have you ever met with a non-citizen (legal or illegal) who has voted in this elections???
That's all it takes to vote here where I live. You do not need to have a voters registration card, no do you have to show an ID. You tell them you live at an address in the precinct, you give that address and you vote.

I showed no ID of any kind, I didn't show a voters registration card. I simply told them my address and voted. One Spanish speaking woman came in and seemed unable to remember the street she lived on, she gave them several addresses that didn't belong to the precinct, so I suspect she was going from precinct to precinct to vote and didn't remember the address she was supposed to give. She was turned away.

Colorado finds 300 more suspected noncitizens on voter rolls | Fox News

There are 300 more suspected noncitizens on Colorado's voter rolls, Secretary of State Gessler announced Tuesday in the latest chapter of a contentious national debate over what Republicans say is vulnerability in the voting system.

Report: Noncitizens pressured by unions to register, vote in Nevada - National Elections | Examiner.com

Last week, I met with two immigrant noncitizens who are not eligible to vote, but who nonetheless are active registered voters for Tuesday's election. They said they were signed up by Culinary Local 226," he wrote.

El Paso's early voting turnout is lowest in nearly a decade - El Paso Times

that involved 22 people who are registered to vote and who gave the same Lower Valley home address.
(Lower valley --- very large number of illegals and non-citizens)

Registered to vote, but non-citizens | kvue.com Austin

Aurelia Tello is not a U.S. citizen, yet the Austin resident was somehow registered to vote last year. She even got a voter registration card in the mail. "Well, when I saw that, I ask myself, ‘Why do I have this?" said Tello, a Mexican citizen who has been in the U.S. legally for more than 15 years.

A Defender's investigation uncovered, they are two of at least 2,781 Texas voters removed from the rolls by the Texas Secretary of State’s office since 2008, after identifying themselves as non-citizens on jury excusal forms.

So, how did it happen? Several of the former voters we tracked down registered with the Texas Department of Public Safety while getting their drivers license. Prior to 2008, DPS didn't ask for proof of citizenship. It does now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM

3,148 posts, read 3,210,342 times
One can get Driving License even if one is non-citizen. A student from india on Student Visa andstudying in some Oklahoma University can get DL but that doesnt mean he is eligible for voting. As I showed you in the link-one needs to be a citizen to be registered as a voter. Becoz non-citizens can drive in USA but then ALIEN/Foreigner is written on their Driving License and they are subjected to show their passport and visa documentation to DPS. But that spanish lady which you were saying-her name must have been on voting list. Just because one lives on one address doesnt mean that her name will be on voting list. There is a process of voters registration. There are many Hispanics on green Card and who have become citizens in recent times or their citizenship is on last stage-that creates confusion.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Quote:
One can get Driving License even if one is non-citizen. A student from india on Student Visa andstudying in some Oklahoma University can get DL but that doesnt mean he is eligible for voting. As I showed you in the link-one needs to be a citizen to be registered as a voter. Becoz non-citizens can drive in USA but then ALIEN/Foreigner is written on their Driving License and they are subjected to show their passport and visa documentation to DPS. But that spanish lady which you were saying-her name must have been on voting list. Just because one lives on one address doesnt mean that her name will be on voting list. There is a process of voters registration. There are many Hispanics on green Card and who have become citizens in recent times or their citizenship is on last stage-that creates confusion.
Driving has nothing to do with it. Population does. The bigger the population the more representation counted in the electoral college.

This is power to decide elections.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Driving has nothing to do with it. Population does. The bigger the population the more representation counted in the electoral college.

This is power to decide elections.
Okay Driving has nothing to do and more illegals/foreigners in states like Texas helped Republican Party by increase in their electoral vote but the main accusation is that immigrants are voting while my point is that non-citizens cannot vote.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Okay Driving has nothing to do and more illegals/foreigners in states like Texas helped Republican Party by increase in their electoral vote but the main accusation is that immigrants are voting while my point is that non-citizens cannot vote.
They can't physically cast a vote, but they do receive representation through the electoral college which is more decisive to an election than voting.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM

I agree with you that electoral college should be based on population of citizens in a state. But then the million dollar question is that whether we have an accurate list of non-citizens? we need a list of citizens, legal foreigners, illegal foreigners in each county. and who is going to do that??? Even Red States never made a proposal regarding that.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Legally no they can't vote but there has been evidence provided by malamute that some do. Didn't you read the links he provided?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I agree with you that electoral college should be based on population of citizens in a state. But then the million dollar question is that whether we have an accurate list of non-citizens? we need a list of citizens, legal foreigners, illegal foreigners in each county. and who is going to do that??? Even Red States never made a proposal regarding that.
They were counted in the last census, so we have some sort of idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or