Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:17 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The discussion is about the electoral college, a state like California can have an inflated number of electoral college votes because their illegal immigrant population is counted.
Assuming the non citizens don't vote they won't effect the popular vote but can increase the voting power of the legal voter for a presidential election. Apparently they can also increase the States representation in the House. That is something that needs to be changed.
Correct. That is why I am for getting rid of the Electoral College and making the popular vote count. Not that it made a difference in this particular election but I would rather the majority rules in this country rather than select highly populated states that have high numbers of minorities who nearly always vote Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Correct. That is why I am for getting rid of the Electoral College and making the popular vote count. Not that it made a difference in this particular election but I would rather the majority rules in this country rather than select highly populated states that have high numbers of minorities who nearly always vote Democrat.
If it had made a difference in the Presidential election I think we would know it. It's better to fix this before it does.

Having said that since it's effecting the House of Representatives too it's most certainly having an effect on every election.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Illegals cannot vote. Even legal aliens (on visa, Green Card) cannot vote. For voting, one needs to be American Citizen.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have wondered many times how many of the people voting really voted in the places they should have voted and how many voted only once and how many of the voters were actually American citizens?

The situation is so out of control with people registering the day they vote, early voting, etc. that I wonder if we will ever have a real election again in this country.

Did you vote??

Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

This idea has been pushed for since I can remember...........and thats back to the 50's

It never gets done.........

Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Game Plan:

a) Until the sobbing anchors at Fox News finally call it, insist that Obama has no chance at all

then

b) Once Obama wins, blame his victory on illegals, hurricanes, and scary black panthers

Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Illegals cannot vote. Even legal aliens (on visa, Green Card) cannot vote. For voting, one needs to be American Citizen.
Oh, but in RWR (Right-Wing World), they can, they do, and they're taking over the country with their anchor babies!

Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
California has a large illegal population giving it an unfair advantage.

Either way illegals are being counted.
Stop with the arbitrary rants. Show us facts.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
I don't think that Obama had any choice in the matter and Romney would have soon realized the impossibility of the task had he been elected. An estimated 12 million illegals. That's a lot of people who flat-out don't want to be found. Can you imagine the cost of even trying to deport all of them??

You don't solve that problem by trying to deport them, you really have no choice but to accommodate them in some fashion.

Somebody needs to toss our system of quotas in the garbage because that's more than half of the problem. You can't just tell somebody who's starving that he can't jump over a fence and into a place where he can make a better life for himself. You can't tell people with starving families to just keep out. They will find a way into the USA, like it or not. Build the biggest wall in the history of the world, they'll still find a way in.

Obama hasn't really offered a real solution to the entire problem either, but he's chopped at the branches of it some.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Illegals are not counted in a census count a census for each state determines what the electoral number for each state & illegals can not vote either. Sounds like a few republican nut jobs are still hanging around trying to find out why Obama was elected get over it Obama wone with both the popular vote and electoral college
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration