Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Leaders of immigrant rights and Latino groups told reporters in a conference call on Wednesday that Obama owes his second term to Latino voters, and should repay them by passing comprehensive immigration reform.
Latino groups to Obama: You owe Latinos the election, now pass immigration reform | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

So, Obama "owes" Latinos amnesty? Do tell. I wonder what he owes the millions of non-Hispanic voters whose votes gave him a second term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,861,211 times
By "immigration reform" they mean allowing millions of hispanics to come here because they are hispanic. Worse, they mean allow them access to the welfare system, don't ask them to learn English and raise taxes on the middle class to support them. Selfish jerks. Why don't they make demands on the leaders of hispanic countries instead of ours?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Latino groups to Obama: You owe Latinos the election, now pass immigration reform | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

So, Obama "owes" Latinos amnesty? Do tell. I wonder what he owes the millions of non-Hispanic voters whose votes gave him a second term.
They honestly don't think black or white votes counted in any way or had any effect on this election. On Mexican radio stations they are claiming that the Mexican vote is what has gotten Obama into the White House twice now.

Maybe they're right? Maybe all the votes made by white and black Americans were tossed into a shredder and it only matters how the illegals and other "latinos" voted. That's how even the media makes it seem.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They honestly don't think black or white votes counted in any way or had any effect on this election. On Mexican radio stations they are claiming that the Mexican vote is what has gotten Obama into the White House twice now.

Maybe they're right? Maybe all the votes made by white and black Americans were tossed into a shredder and it only matters how the illegals and other "latinos" voted. That's how even the media makes it seem.
It's absolutely mind-boggling. The MSM is now only mentioning the "Hispanic vote" as if they alone were responsible. I think it's safe to assume non-Hispanics no longer matter. But, let's see how far the next candidate can go with ONLY the Hispanic vote.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,826,816 times
Quote:
It's absolutely mind-boggling. The MSM is now only mentioning the "Hispanic vote" as if they alone were responsible. I think it's safe to assume non-Hispanics no longer matter. But, let's see how far the next candidate can go with ONLY the Hispanic vote.
IMHO Obama will throw the pro illegal alien Hispanics under the bus: he don't need them any more to win the POTUS.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM

62,439 posts, read 28,688,891 times
Quote:

Apparently, the rest of us are just chopped liver. The arrogance of this attitude just infuriates me.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I have noticed this also. Everytime I turn on the news it is all about the Hispanic vote and how the GOP will have to give them what they want in the future (amnesty) or they are dead in the water. Disgusting! So now our politicians are to be blackmailed by a certain group?

Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,813,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have noticed this also. Everytime I turn on the news it is all about the Hispanic vote and how the GOP will have to give them what they want in the future (amnesty) or they are dead in the water. Disgusting! So now our politicians are to be blackmailed by a certain group?
If only the idol of the GOP secured the border way back then. I'm talking about that stalwart of American conservatism, a true American hero, the one and only amnesty loving Ronald Reagan . He could have secured the border after he passed amnesty, but he didn't. Blame Reagan for setting the US on the path its on now, ironically.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,725,554 times
The hardliners on immigration have no clout or political power. They are all bark but no bite!!

Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The hardliners on immigration have no clout or political power. They are all bark but no bite!!
I am not hardliner on immigration but I certainly am on illegal immigration. If we have only bark and no bite why hasn't congress passed an amnesty or the Dream Act? It is because of our bite (input) that it hasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration