U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,941,268 times

Advertisements

Good luck to you, AlanBoy! The Big Flight taking place everywhere it seems. But may have to start thinking about Canada if this craziness doesn't stop, there just seems a definite plan to bring the country down. Or is it just our time to go under? Very scary.... And I agree, so many of us either have the head in sand mentality or just too passive to stand up and fight. Will we when push comes to shove? I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,230,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Well come on down to Georgia..we've passed some strict laws here against illegals..I "hear" they are leaving the state in droves, although I couldn't tell you one way or the other...dosn't really look any different...
Illegals are like cockroaches, turn on the light, they scatter...start deporting, they move states.
Thanks for the tip. I'm glad to hear that the great state of Georgia is getting tough on illegals.

Also, I understand what you mean being "like" cockroaches and do not find it dehumanizing to use that analogy. You did not imply they "are" cockroaches but rather their behavior is like cockroaches. Don't worry about the politically correct police. We as a country have become weak because we have gone overboard about worrying about hurting someone's feeling in everything little thing we say. I'm not saying we should call people names but using easy to understand analogies is not some forbidden thing folks.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:48 PM

23,110 posts, read 32,193,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Good luck to you, AlanBoy! The Big Flight taking place everywhere it seems. But may have to start thinking about Canada if this craziness doesn't stop, there just seems a definite plan to bring the country down. Or is it just our time to go under? Very scary.... And I agree, so many of us either have the head in sand mentality or just too passive to stand up and fight. Will we when push comes to shove? I wonder.
Toronto aint lookin half bad, now.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:00 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,941,268 times
Wonder what Nova Scotia is like?

Old 10-13-2007, 09:38 PM

13,758 posts, read 23,311,986 times
Before we turn this into a Canadian travelogue, I consider this thread to have run it's course. It looks like everything that can be said, has been said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or