U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 PM

414 posts, read 276,401 times

Advertisements

Think about it. How are they going to assimilate? I am listening to Mark Levin right now and he has a guest on who is a professor stating that these illegals will not learn American Laws, American History, American traditions and moral values that has sustained this country as a nation since its inception. All this because they don't know English and refuse to learn it. The English language is the blood of America. This is the reason that diversity and multiculturalism doesn't work. History proves it as it has failed in other nations. The professor is right. Giving amnesty to these people will not better our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
They obviously don't want to learn our laws -- they want to break them. They are not coming here because they like Americans or want to become like Americans. They simply love the easy money and easy government handouts.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 PM

6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
The sympathisers on this board get mad when race is brought up.

Problem is.... You can't discuss the largest problem in regards to II without mentioning race, because there is only one massive violater when it comes to the subject. Every other race that is here illegally is just a drop in the bucket compared to those from our neighbor to the south.

Hope America likes what it voted in for another 4 years. I don't think Obama will grant amnesty. He doesn't care about these people after he got their vote, and that's a good thing, because they don't give two sh*ts about this country, or who is president as long as they continue to get their way. Daffy Duck could be sitting in the Oval Office for all they care.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,458,820 times
I will answer your question.. They are not coming here to learn squat about our culture because the culture they want they are bringing with them.....They dont need to learn English either in order to count and spend american money. think about it.....no one is making them do a thing..no one

Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
I agree. Our government coddles them, so they don't have to learn English or embrace our American culture. No, expecting such would be intolerance and bigotry. They will transform this country into the one they left. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see the Mexican flag flying over the White House next to ours. It's pathetic.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I agree. Our government coddles them, so they don't have to learn English or embrace our American culture. No, expecting such would be intolerance and bigotry. They will transform this country into the one they left. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see the Mexican flag flying over the White House next to ours. It's pathetic.
Could it happen if we ever elected a Mexican-American as president? I certainly hope not but witnessing the agenda of most of those holding political office in this country it makes you wonder. In this bizzario world we live in today nothing would surprise me anymore.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:20 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,649,060 times
They come here because they think we owe them something because we are a wealthier nation. They have a huge sense of entitlement. I know this because I grew up in South America and I experienced that first hand. People saying we HAVE to let them come here and work because they want a better life. I have heard people bragging about how their kids get everything "free" because the government gives it to them. A friend of my aunt's had a kid here and raised her on welfare while working under the table. She bragged about stuffing her money under the mattress and getting a free ride. (all Brazilians by the way)

I have gotten into arguments with several of those people and all I hear is that "we have the right to go to the US". Since when? What makes them think they have such right. I don't see that anywhere in the Constitution do you? Now the US government is having talks about doing away with visas for Brazilian nationals. It is going to be a major disaster because they WILL come and stay here.

Their culture is different, the mentality is different and I am not sorry to say this but we are better off without them here. They want to move somewhere but expect to be catered to. They fly their frickin flags and want to live life as if they were still back in their home countries.

That does not work. It causes resentment in this country and I can't blame those who feel that American is fading away... Because it is. Cities like Lawrence MA that have been taken over by people from South of the border who are here illegally have gone downhill significantly. They are violent and poor.

I am sick of the crowd that preaches diversity and that "the more the better", while trying to argue we need to allow the millions of uneducated illegals stay here. Most of you have only experienced said diversity during vacation or seeing it on TV. Now try living in one of the foreign countries South of the border for over 15 years and tell me you want that diversity here. I call it BS.

The people I met who came here illegally couldn't even make it in their own countries because they just didn't want to make the effort. Go to college and do something with their lives. My dad knew plenty of those. Some lived here for 5,10 years and never bothered to learn the language.

Now let the educated, law abiding immigrant come here and become an American. The ones who can't bother to wait in line need to leave. We are only getting the uneducated ones who are not willing to assimilate. Illegals are the bottom of the barrel. Let the educated Latino, Asian you name it wait in line and come here assimilate. Because if someone is willing to wait in line to come here, jump through hoops to have a shot at the "American Dream" chances are they will assimilate and not take the opportunity for granted.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
They come here because they think we owe them something because we are a wealthier nation. They have a huge sense of entitlement. I know this because I grew up in South America and I experienced that first hand. People saying we HAVE to let them come here and work because they want a better life. I have heard people bragging about how their kids get everything "free" because the government gives it to them. A friend of my aunt's had a kid here and raised her on welfare while working under the table. She bragged about stuffing her money under the mattress and getting a free ride. (all Brazilians by the way)

I have gotten into arguments with several of those people and all I hear is that "we have the right to go to the US". Since when? What makes them think they have such right. I don't see that anywhere in the Constitution do you? Now the US government is having talks about doing away with visas for Brazilian nationals. It is going to be a major disaster because they WILL come and stay here.

Their culture is different, the mentality is different and I am not sorry to say this but we are better off without them here. They want to move somewhere but expect to be catered to. They fly their frickin flags and want to live life as if they were still back in their home countries.

That does not work. It causes resentment in this country and I can't blame those who feel that American is fading away... Because it is. Cities like Lawrence MA that have been taken over by people from South of the border who are here illegally have gone downhill significantly. They are violent and poor.

I am sick of the crowd that preaches diversity and that "the more the better", while trying to argue we need to allow the millions of uneducated illegals stay here. Most of you have only experienced said diversity during vacation or seeing it on TV. Now try living in one of the foreign countries South of the border for over 15 years and tell me you want that diversity here. I call it BS.

The people I met who came here illegally couldn't even make it in their own countries because they just didn't want to make the effort. Go to college and do something with their lives. My dad knew plenty of those. Some lived here for 5,10 years and never bothered to learn the language.

Now let the educated, law abiding immigrant come here and become an American. The ones who can't bother to wait in line need to leave. We are only getting the uneducated ones who are not willing to assimilate. Illegals are the bottom of the barrel. Let the educated Latino, Asian you name it wait in line and come here assimilate. Because if someone is willing to wait in line to come here, jump through hoops to have a shot at the "American Dream" chances are they will assimilate and not take the opportunity for granted.
Agreed. You did a better job of saying why illegal aliens are BAD for the US than I could've.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,458,820 times
The majority of this group of illegals(hispanic) are doing what colonist do .Colonist dont need to learn the native language of the people who are living on the land they want do they? They also dont want to become part of the culture of the people living on the land they want do they? Colonist have their own laws and really don't respect the laws of the people living on the land they want do they? The ones here illegal aren't acting like immigrates as much as they are acting like COLONIST..

Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

414 posts, read 276,401 times
Not one liberal has touched this thread yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration