Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,095 times

Advertisements

As bad as illegal aliens are, unscrupulous employers who hire them are no better. A local grocery store was made to use E-Verify by ICE, and all of its employees went on strike, making the store drop E-Verify a week later. The (illegal) employees accused the store management of being racist. The arrogance knows no bounds. Welcome to the Sanctuary State of California.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
[quote=unitedstatian;26913432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The NCLR is a U.S. based Hispanic advocacy group. Which means any race/ethnic group that has Spanish bloodlines and practices the Hispanic culture, Spanish langugage, etc. So, yes the name of their group is about a particular race/ethnic group.

Mexicans and any other illegal immigrants who come here illegally are hurting Americans whether it is their intent or not.

No you are wrong, on the race or that has to have Spanish bloodlines and that practices the Spanish. (The word Hispanic is an American creation). If a baby is born in Mexico or any country in latin America to German parents and is raise there and when he grows older, he decides to immigrate to America. He will be consider Hispanic. If he was born in Mexico and raised there he will be consider Mexican by Americans and the American government. so that’s what I’m saying that race don’t matter, the Mexican government don’t care who you were born from, the government and the Mexican constitution make no distinctions between the people born in Mexico, they are all Mexicans with the same rights.

Mexicans are hurting the uneducated and lazy people . On the other hand if you were an employee who hire them you will be benefiting, and probably happy. My best guess to why the government haven’t stop illegal immigration, is because they are benefiting to.
True -- and I know a number of people who object to the "hispanic" label -- ironically it's the ones most recently from a hispanic nation which is what the label is all about that dislike it the most. Many Mexicans simply feel like Mexicans, the broad category that puts a mestiso Mexican from Zacatecas in the same category as someone from Argentina or Chile or a New Yorker with grandparents from Puerto Rico or an English-only speaking American from Albuquerque, NM is very artificial. I've met people who will come right out and tell you they don't like to be called hispanic because it's a meaningless bland label that erases their own culture's uniqueness.

Also from my experience -- first I knew "chicanos" who called themselves that, but in the region I live in now, most people think "chicano" is an insult term for the mestiso migrant worker types and would say they are "hispanics" to emphasize their European ancestry but both terms seemed at one time to distinguish people from newly arrived foreigners from Mexico, but there was no bond between "chicanos" and "hispanics". Both the "chicanos" and "hispanics" I knew were living in the USA for generations -- but that big amnesty in the 1980s changed the picture and the new "hispanics" have very short roots in the USA and very strong cultural and family ties to Mexico and their allegience is to Mexico.

In the days of Cesar Chavez and the original UFW, it was about better wages and better benefits and they realized that illegal immigration was about keeping wages and benefits down --- they opposed illegals and wanted the border enforced. It was the wealthy growers that wanted the braceros and illegals for the cheap labor. In fact back in those days, democrats sided with the UFW against the growers bringing in illegals. Now it's the democrats who seem to want the unlimited cheap labor more than anyone.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
As bad as illegal aliens are, unscrupulous employers who hire them are no better. A local grocery store was made to use E-Verify by ICE, and all of its employees went on strike, making the store drop E-Verify a week later. The (illegal) employees accused the store management of being racist. The arrogance knows no bounds. Welcome to the Sanctuary State of California.
Yes --- it always was and really still is about having very cheap labor to maximize profits.

When you get down to it, the politicians including Obama do not really have some special deep love for illegals, they don't really just happen to really love and care about some foreign group of people over Americans.

It comes down to the same thing it always comes down to -- and that's money. The very rich and powerful want their servant class to come cheap. They want their profits high, they want a submissive docile kind of employee. They want to have plenty of servants waiting on them. And the puppet politicians will do their bidding.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 AM

154 posts, read 454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
First of all -- yes it does. "Raza" means race or breed. If you tell someone you have a dog, they will likely ask you "que raza" -- what breed.

There are not entire cities with 90% Americans living in them, there are no Americans living off welfare handouts in Mexico. Americans can be found in Mexico of course, but every one of them has to have a means to financially support themselves and getting a work visa to work in Mexico is very difficult. Americans who travel illegally to Mexico or take jobs illegally in Mexico are not being promised any kinds of rewards for doing so, they would be deported if they made their presence known.

As far as Texas history, your knowledge of that is limited. Spain allowed those settlers to move into Texas and Spain gave them land grants. Spain -- not Mexico. Then Mexico won it's independence from Spain and 24 years later Texas won it's independence from Mexico.

You have to look at the history of those times. Mexico was a very poorly governed nation. Santa Ana was very incompetent and leaned more and more to a Centralist form of government. A very Centralist form of government is incapable of governing over a large region - just like Mexico today has little control over the border regions.

There was also great division in Mexico between the Federalists and the Centralists. You probably don't realize that there were people with Spanish last names fighting for Texas Independence from Mexico. Many of the Federalist opposition to Santa Ana and his government had fled to Texas previously and joined the cause of independence. Santa Ana was an incapable and incompetent president just like Mexico's presidents generally were. You know -- Santa Ana who lost his leg and had it buried but in Mexico City, the Mexicans dug it up and dragged it around the zocalo to anger and humiliate him.

And illegals and all the others today are saying pretty much the same thing about their country and it's government today -- they want to be no part of it --- they're fleeing by the many millions --- just not as honestly as the Texans and tejanos did. The stampede of Mexicans out of Mexico shows how little Mexicans want Mexican rule. Just like Texas --- they all want out.

They simply are too cowardly to actually fight for independence, they don't benefit those they leave behind -- they expect to abandon their lands and be given land to live on in the USA. They won't stay and fight -- like the Texans and tejanos did.
One thing I know for sure that you know how to read, but you have serious problems with you comprehension skills. This is what I said about raza.
“First of all la raza means the race any race, or race less since it doesn’t tells any reference to any race in specific. Mexico Spain and Latin America celebrate a day call el dia de la raza, in remembrance to the day the two worlds met new and old. It as nothing to do with race, as you know it, and you and many others here try to used it as a way to induce hatred, or see Mexicans as people who are always trying to hurt America, on people ignorant about the subject. And it really works for you. La Raza is un unkowng entity in Mexico, and as zero influence there.
Do you understand that raza means race), but what race. There are tree main races in mexico native American (America as the continent of America) whites and the majority of mexicans are mestizo, while there Is an small Asian and African population. The word raza only means race in general. I think that in this case its pretty much like saying the people. Mexican and Hispanic is not a race.
This is what you stated “Oh yeah --- you want to see racism? Just have some Americans packing up and heading into Mexico”. In your comment above you are stating that if americans were to go to Mexico they will be discriminated against in way worst manner than how Mexicans are discriminated in America. You didn’t mention that the cities had to be populated just by Americans, and you are wrong about that to. And americans get free social security, here you are wrong to, they are provided with free medical care if they apply for it. for more information check the link . Mexico Healthcare
Now you are taking my observation out of context, and I have seen that you do that a lot. what I wrote about Texas was in relation to the way Mexican immigration law were more sever and why Mexico took that approach. Whether if the Spanish gave them the land or not it doesn’t matter whether some tejanos fought alongside American settler supported by the USA (manifest destiny: “America had a divine obligation to stretch the boundaries of their noble republic to the Pacific Ocean”). My observation was in relation to your statement “Mexicans are extremely two-faced when it comes to immigration. They believe in keeping immigration laws that are much more severe than ours but they demand unlimited immigration for themselves to our country”. I don’t need a history lesson via Wikipedia copy and paste. The fact that some tejanos fought alongside American settler doesn’t make it anymore legit.¿do you know what was the tejanos reward that fought for the independence of Texas? Other than discrimination.
Yes we all know Mexico is a **** hole (when I go to bed it really comforts me to know how miserable Mexicans live, and how all of them would live constantly in a desperate state to cross the border) well to tell you the truth I don’t care what Mexicans do in Mexico, i only care about the ones crossing the border illegally.
You always quote, American heroes, and how other Americans have fought for our freedoms and way of life, and the accomplishments of America, and how coward are other nationalities for leaving their countries and not fighting for change. have you served in the military have you fought for America, have you done anything special for your love for America, have you deprived yourself of anything in order to help your fellow Americans. Have you contributed to American society, other than going to work for your own personalbenefits? Have you invented anything special that contributed to American greatness?, and since you don’t like the way the government is handling the immigration problem, and illegal immigrants. Are you doing anything about it?, I don’t want to sound rude or anything but I can’t help it, aren’t you just like the illegal cowards leaving their countries and not fighting for change?
This is what I think it should be done to the illegals living in America, the army should round them up and deport them once and for all. And then seal the border.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
Guatemala didn’t kick Mexico out. In 1821 when mexico won the war of independence from spain after 10 year of war. The countries in central Americas, seen Spain defeated declared their independence without firing a shot, Mexico did it for them.
Guatemala gained independence from Spain without the wars that ravaged much of Latin America. In 1821 Mexico proclaimed itself an independent empire, led by General Agustin de Iturbide. On September 15, 1821, a council of notables in Guatemala City declared independence from Spain and formed a government that assumed jurisdiction over the entire kingdom, keeping the acting captain general, Gabino de Gainza, as the chief executive. Yet individual municipalities throughout the region, from Chiapas to Costa Rica, also assumed the right to act on their own, and several declared independence not only from Spain, but from Mexico and Guatemala as well. The government in Guatemala, dominated by the Honduran lawyer and scholar Jose Cecilio del Valle, quickly moved to incorporate the kingdom into Iturbide’s Mexican Empire in January 1822. Resistance from the provinces soon erupted into civil war, but before the issue was decided, Iturbide’s government collapsed. A Central American convention declared Central America independent on July 1, 1823, and formed the United Provinces of Central America, a federation that included Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua.

And is not a Mexican policy to gain any of the states lost back, so that out of the question, illegal immigration its not coordinated by one person or state. Illegal immigration is millians of people making individual decisions to immigrate but there is nobody behind them coordinating this process with the intent to take over America.
Ever heard of Aztlan? Have you ever heard the "stolen land" argument? While I don't think there is a widespread thought process by Mexicans to takeover our country there is a certain segment that adheres to the reconquista movement. Yes, there are people coordinating this effort and continued illegal immigration along with anchor babies is a part of their plan to complete their goal.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
illegals coming here to make some money i understand.
but the same people that complain about the illegals are the ones that hire them. the same ones that have a grown son loafing on the coach while pepe& maria cut the lawn an clean the house, complain about illegal immigration and lack of jobs.
this i do not understand
Most of who object to illegal immigraton are not hiring them nor do we have a grown son loafing on the couch refusing to work. Even if that were true that does not justify illegal immigrants breaking our immigration laws and working jobs they aren't entitled to.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 AM

157 posts, read 137,214 times
What I never quite understood is the illegals and their kids' allegiance to and love of a country that couldn't shove them out fast enough (even going so far as producing maps), and screams bloody murder if they return in any numbers. They shout for Mexico and wave the flag, but kick and scream if they are deported and act as though they are being deported to death camps--even sometimes stooping to the nazi analogy. I just don't get it.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Re: Amnesty for illegal aliens
Is it wise to embrace people who, by their actions, demonstrate that they have no respect for the laws of your country?
Is it wise to encourage people, who, by their actions, demonstrate that they have no common language nor share customs of the American people?
Is it wise to tolerate foreign nationals, subjects of a foreign government, to invade your country with impunity?
Is it wise to grant them special treatment, thus penalizing those who dutifully obeyed your laws, and didn’t violate them?
Is it wise to subsidize their invasion, and the subsequent displacement of your posterity, making your children into strangers in their own land?
The blithe excuse of “Seeking economic improvement” is not a sufficient reason.
Isn’t “Economic improvement” by violating laws a criminal act?
No.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM

[quote=unitedstatian;26913432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The NCLR is a U.S. based Hispanic advocacy group. Which means any race/ethnic group that has Spanish bloodlines and practices the Hispanic culture, Spanish langugage, etc. So, yes the name of their group is about a particular race/ethnic group.

Mexicans and any other illegal immigrants who come here illegally are hurting Americans whether it is their intent or not.

No you are wrong, on the race or that has to have Spanish bloodlines and that practices the Spanish. (The word Hispanic is an American creation). If a baby is born in Mexico or any country in latin America to German parents and is raise there and when he grows older, he decides to immigrate to America. He will be consider Hispanic. If he was born in Mexico and raised there he will be consider Mexican by Americans and the American government. so that’s what I’m saying that race don’t matter, the Mexican government don’t care who you were born from, the government and the Mexican constitution make no distinctions between the people born in Mexico, they are all Mexicans with the same rights.

Mexicans are hurting the uneducated and lazy people . On the other hand if you were an employee who hire them you will be benefiting, and probably happy. My best guess to why the government haven’t stop illegal immigration, is because they are benefiting to.
You are confusing nationality with race, culture and ethnicity. The NCLR isn't about nationality which is what being a Mexican is. It is about those who have ancestors from Spain and practice the Hispanic culture. Most of those in our country today are of mixed Spaniard and native indian. Those are the ones that the NCLR advocates for aka "the race". As I said, the NCLR is a U.S. based advocacy group not a Mexican based one.

It really gets tiresome to keep hearing that illegal immgration into our country is justified with claims that Americans are too lazy to work. Do you not think that there are "some" lazy people in all countries? Yes, our government and the greedy employers are a big part of the problem. I don't know of anyone in this forum that hasn't agreed with that.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Except the "Mexican Repatriation" didn't get into specifics of whether someone would actually have U.S. citizenship or legal presence, it was more of an ethnic cleansing. I read an account of a Hispanic family in Montana that were unlawfully deported to Mexico (it could be as simple as your neighbors wanting your land, and notifying the authorities to take you away). If you want to falsely represent a program that had no Due Process for the government to forcibly remove those of a specific ethnicity, irrespective of their status, then we can properly identify your stance here.

Once again, most likely as a frustration that Obama was re-elected with Hispanic support, this forum has degenerated into talk that doesn't differentiate between legal immigrant, Hispanic U.S. citizen, and illegal alien. A couple of members are to the point of suggesting the taking up of arms and action into their their own hands. There might be a need for a moderator cleansing, before it escalates into motivating some nutcase in the wrong way.

Greetings to you all on Veterans Day...
Show me that 1 legal immigrant that was deported.

Prove your ethnic cleansing comment because it sounds like just an opinion rather than any fact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration