U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times

Advertisements

Honest to say, I have not seen Vicente fox on T.V yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,638,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Honest to say, I have not seen Vicente fox on T.V yet.
I heard him about 4 days ago doing a radio interview. He speaks pretty fair English. Has a strong accent, but nowhere near as annoying as Bush's....

Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,849,853 times
I don't know how you can avoid him. Fox is pretty much a White Hispanic (Hispanic is not a race) so I hope some of you who constantly scream or imply racism will take note.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I heard him about 4 days ago doing a radio interview. He speaks pretty fair English. Has a strong accent, but nowhere near as annoying as Bush's....

Lol dude.. His father is actually Anglo White, nevertheless he is still a Paisa. He also went to Harvard.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:01 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i can agree with the idea that we should provide foreign aid to countries that need it most. the problem is getting the money to the people that need it, and making sure it is not taken from them. setting up UN food banks in those countries would definitely be an excellent form of aid.

but the united states needs to address the problems within its geographical proximity as well. its a balancing act, but one we should be able to do with more appropriated spending.
Ghost where do you or how do you have such faith in the UN? I have been a part of UN missions and let me tell you in my experience they always turn into a goat hump. Somalia? The phrase couldnt feed hungry dogs raw meat comes to mind. The food was delivered and the UN allowed it to be taken away by the militants... Under UN jurisdiction we were forced to watch militants gun down the very people we were there to feed.. Under them we could not interfere.
Foreign aide? Why? When we have homeless americans, when we have americans that want to go to college but cant afford it. NO SIR foreign aide = bad spending habits and as a nation we have enough of that.
Feeding foreigners who have and would do nothing for us? Let them deal with their own plight just as we have to with ours.
I can feel pity for those who starve, I have seen it with my own eyes. The UN is half the problem. They make our own fat cats in DC look like saints.

Last edited by tinman01; 10-17-2007 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't know how you can avoid him. Fox is pretty much a White Hispanic (Hispanic is not a race) so I hope some of you who constantly scream or imply racism will take note.
No 'pretty much' at all------Fox (Fuchs) is of American heritage whose forefathers were German and his mother was from Spain. No indigenous Aztec, etc. blood at all.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:11 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,480,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
In some ways I would think it could be viewed as a compliment. It is an acknowledgment of the legitimate injustices black folks have experienced and successfully overcome. Others wish to emulate that success.
One could see it that way, indeed. I suppose I'm just having a difficult time distinguishing between those in these groups who actually recognize themselves as being beholden to the Civil Rights legacy and those who merely want to establish themselves as the progenitors of a "Civil Rights for the New Age".

Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM

756 posts, read 1,759,308 times
Originally Posted by GH0ST..
their home countries arent as wealthy as us, and are more unable to provide for them than we are. this country should be taking money its dumping into bureaucracies and war efforts, and feed & house both its citizens and desperate foreigners. theres a radical concept.

How is this our problem?
why is it every time something goes wrong in the world,we are the one held responsible to fix it?
we can not fix the world!
as for foreign aid we no longer have the money to help.(some people still think we do)have we not seen our own people go hungry but we still send money to others.are feed people that have come here illegal and have not right work,eat,sleep here in our counrty.they have no rights(human rights)
they have the right to be deported back to where they came from!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,080,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i could do without the xenophobia. i guess we're even.
Very few people are xenophobic. The vast majority of those who oppose illegal immigration have no problem with legal immigrants.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:46 PM

13,757 posts, read 23,264,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
One could see it that way, indeed. I suppose I'm just having a difficult time distinguishing between those in these groups who actually recognize themselves as being beholden to the Civil Rights legacy and those who merely want to establish themselves as the progenitors of a "Civil Rights for the New Age".
I think it is a matter of "self perception", which may not be accurate to those of us merely observing those perceptions. But in the end, I still think it is based upon admiration of the achievement, and not an insult at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or