Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Who knows? CIS includes also includes data on legal immigrants (and their children, and in places, their grandchildren if they are "Hispanic") in those statistics, and considers naturalized citizens as "immigrants" for their entire lives. The focus on Hispanics in particular starts on page 50 of their current "report": http://www.cis.org/articles/2012/imm...tates-2012.pdf

Isn't it amazing that CIS (if they are still around and looking at the very same criteria) would study the economic and education impact of the yet-unborn child(ren) of my one year-old Granddaughter because of her Hispanic immigrant mother? Does that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that an organization could be so anally involved only with a certain ethnicity of immigrant? I feel special that my descendents could be called "Third-Generation Immigrants" a hundred years from now in the United States.
Is this "Hispanic immigrant mother" here legally?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
My issue is that CIS is tracking data on Hispanics immigrants to their grandchildren, placed on the "Immigrant" side of their graphs, but the children of non-Hispanic immigrants are with the native-born citizens. That tells me it isn't about immigration at CIS, but instead ethnicity. Why is there no concern to see an organization compile information like that?
Then if you think the site is biased or inaccurate stop reading it! I am not going to go and read their entire site to seek the truth out for myself. I just don't care anymore than I care what some biased anti-white site reports, inaccurate or not and there are plenty of those also. For example some of those sites claim that all whites are here illegally going back to some distant history where immigration laws didn't exist. Ironically, those who make those claims are usually of white Spanish ancestors themselves. As I asked, does what CIS state affect your daily life?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
How many of the group demanding amnesty is living off Medicaid versus how many are paying into an insurance plan?

How many of this group is living off food stamps, WIC, getting free meals at the free schools?

How many have a solid plan for their retirement years? Or how many figure they're just going to retire and have the government take care of them?

How many have committed absolutely no other crime while living here -- including felony document fraud and identity theft, taking a jobs they were not authorized to take?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
By all means, let's do the exact same thing, and see if we get a different result.
Do what?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
No, I did answer you. The information is in there somewhere at CIS, you just have to strip out the extraneous BS and bad criteria they pump up the numbers with. Leaving in the immigrant data might suit some of you, after all, there is quoting of CIS that has happened here before.
The only BS is your own. Again do you think it fair to allow foreigners to come here in the middle of a recession and collect welfare from the American public? How much should we spend on foreigners? Because the hispanic lobby clearly thinks we should spend as much on hispanic foreigners who break our immigration laws as possible solely because they are hispanic. They are racists who truly don't care about anyone who isn't hispanic. Non-hispanic Americans are not human beings to groups like La Raza and their ilk. We're just an ATM.

Quote:
My issue is that CIS is tracking data on Hispanics immigrants to their grandchildren, placed on the "Immigrant" side of their graphs, but the children of non-Hispanic immigrants are with the native-born citizens. That tells me it isn't about immigration at CIS, but instead ethnicity. Why is there no concern to see an organization compile information like that?
If hispanics are going to demand the right of their least able citizens to immigrate here, people who still have lousy habits like early childbearing, having too many children, out of wedlock births, dropping out of high school, then hispanics will be watched carefully when they demand we allow yet more hispanic immigration. Or hand citizenship to millions of hispanic nationals.

It's really that simply. Hispanic leaders tell us hispanic immigration -- even arrogant illegals who don't speak English, have a junior high school educatio, break many American laws and have very few skills -- is good for us then we are going to look at the question of hispanic migration to the US very closely.

You yourself have idicated you have no opposition to illegals. This opposition that seems based largely on the fact that most illegals are hispanics and therefore share an ethnicity with the wife you keep bringing up over and over again as if your marriage were some sort of trump card and any attack on illegal immigration or disgust with the hispanic lobby's selfishness a direct and horrible attack on your wife.

It is that kind of attitude that will be watched carefully whether you like it or not.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The only BS is your own. Again do you think it fair to allow foreigners to come here in the middle of a recession and collect welfare from the American public? How much should we spend on foreigners? Because the hispanic lobby clearly thinks we should spend as much on hispanic foreigners who break our immigration laws as possible solely because they are hispanic. They are racists who truly don't care about anyone who isn't hispanic. Non-hispanic Americans are not human beings to groups like La Raza and their ilk. We're just an ATM.

If hispanics are going to demand the right of their least able citizens to immigrate here, people who still have lousy habits like early childbearing, having too many children, out of wedlock births, dropping out of high school, then hispanics will be watched carefully when they demand we allow yet more hispanic immigration. Or hand citizenship to millions of hispanic nationals.

It's really that simply. Hispanic leaders tell us hispanic immigration -- even arrogant illegals who don't speak English, have a junior high school educatio, break many American laws and have very few skills -- is good for us then we are going to look at the question of hispanic migration to the US very closely.

You yourself have idicated you have no opposition to illegals. This opposition that seems based largely on the fact that most illegals are hispanics and therefore share an ethnicity with the wife you keep bringing up over and over again as if your marriage were some sort of trump card and any attack on illegal immigration or disgust with the hispanic lobby's selfishness a direct and horrible attack on your wife.

It is that kind of attitude that will be watched carefully whether you like it or not.
Agreed. It's called "probable cause"

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genia16 View Post
Yes, Packard fan, I have definitely seen and felt a shift from "SF libs" as you say, on the issue of illegal immigration. Most of my very liberal friends and colleagues, who formerly espoused rights of illegal immigrants, seem to have evolved on this very issue over recent years. In fact, illegal immigration is the only issue that they DON'T find common ground with liberals Democrats. For example, I had an Obama liberal friend say this to me during our conversation about Obama's reelection, " You know I'm the most tolerant and accepting person but I just can't support illegal immigrants coming to the state and start collecting benefits." I think it's absolutely wrong to assume liberals to be pro-illegal immigration. The political party which shoulders leadership on this issue would be looked upon favorably by large and diverse groups of voters. Now is the wrong time to placate extreme, pro-illegal immigrant rights organizations with false claims to moral superiority and nothing else.
Absolutely. I'm pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, pro-labor, pro-nationalized healthcare...and ANTI-illegal immigration.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Absolutely. I'm pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, pro-labor, pro-nationalized healthcare...and ANTI-illegal immigration.
They call you and me "conservatives" in 2012. LOL

Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
To me the bigger picture is that legal Latino Americans are more concerned with illegals then their own American country men.
So much for have an allegiance to your country.

This is what wrong with this picture and its sickening!
+1 and therein lies the problem. Had those in power strictly enforced our immigration laws and not let people in this country who had nothing to offer it other than their presence, we would not be in this mess. Fast forward we are now stuck with multiple millions of impoverished people with no skills, ethics or allegiance to our country. The press _ for English thing pretty much excelerated us in nailing our own coffin shut.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Who knows? CIS includes also includes data on legal immigrants (and their children, and in places, their grandchildren if they are "Hispanic") in those statistics, and considers naturalized citizens as "immigrants" for their entire lives. The focus on Hispanics in particular starts on page 50 of their current "report": http://www.cis.org/articles/2012/imm...tates-2012.pdf

Isn't it amazing that CIS (if they are still around and looking at the very same criteria) would study the economic and education impact of the yet-unborn child(ren) of my one year-old Granddaughter because of her Hispanic immigrant mother? Does that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that an organization could be so anally involved only with a certain ethnicity of immigrant? I feel special that my descendents could be called "Third-Generation Immigrants" a hundred years from now in the United States.
Why do you constantly rail against CIS, when you know darn well there is no accurate data available from ANY source? Of course, this is by design. As a taxpaying citizen of this country, I would like to know the EXACT costs related to this invasion. It's unconscionable that our government has allowed untold millions to enter this country illegally at will, and then leech off taxpayers without even attempting to determine the costs. Due to the refusal of the U.S. Government to identify illegal aliens in our schools, our hospitals, our welfare rolls, or for any of our tax-funded benefits and services, all we have are estimates. I am sick of the "estimated" BS, and I am sick of illegal aliens.

The last time they even addressed this issue was in 2004. Yet, we should believe they're serious?

Quote:
Current government information is not sufficient to directly estimate the state-by-state costs of educating illegal alien schoolchildren. Although a variety of data are available, no government source estimates the numbers of illegal alien schoolchildren for most or all states.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d04733.pdf

They even refuse to separate illegal aliens among our prison population. Instead, they classify all (legal/illegal) as "criminal aliens" when they know damn well the majority are here illegally. Note, this is a GAO report, not CIS.

Quote:
GAO estimates that costs to incarcerate criminal aliens in federal prisons and SCAAP reimbursements to states and localities ranged from about $1.5 billion to $1.6 billion annually from fiscal years 2005 through 2009;
GAO-11-187, Criminal Alien Statistics: Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration