U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times

Advertisements

Technically, it is a piece of cloth. Its what that piece of cloth represents that matters

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,711,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post
i never said the immigrants had to be indiginous themselves. almost no one is indiginous to where they currently are living. even native americans are most likely not native to this soil. which is why this entire illegal thing is ridiculous to me.

throughout or history there has always been 'illegal' immigrants including our founding fathers.

either way, it is impossible to secure borders. even walls won't stop anything.
Let me put it this way: we as Americans will continue trying till we succeed.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM

491 posts, read 1,293,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me put it this way: we as Americans will continue trying till we succeed.
Yay! We will continue to waste time and energy just to fail again and again. How exciting.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:58 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,728,560 times
Quote:
Yay! We will continue to waste time and energy just to fail again and again. How exciting.
Yea thats a positive outlook. Let me guess you are giving up and voting for Hillary because "she will win anyway" right?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea thats a positive outlook. Let me guess you are giving up and voting for Hillary because "she will win anyway" right?
I am not looking to be positive, im looking to be objective. Why be positive in a situation that deserves no such thing.

No, if the choices are restricted to those who are running at this current time, i will not be voting in the presidential election. I don't believe in voting for the best option. They all suck and my vote is a 'no' vote. I will vote in the presidential election as soon as a viable candidate runs. I probably won't be involved for a little while This all coming from a degree holder in polisci. It's actually very saddening.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:09 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,728,560 times
Quote:
I am not looking to be positive, im looking to be objective. Why be positive in a situation that deserves no such thing.

No, if the choices are restricted to those who are running at this current time, i will not be voting in the presidential election. I don't believe in voting for the best option. They all suck and my vote is a 'no' vote. I will vote in the presidential election as soon as a viable candidate runs. I probably won't be involved for a little while This all coming from a degree holder in polisci. It's actually very saddening.
It is very sad, I feel the same way. I am praying for Ron paul, but it seems Americans are swayed by the media and BS ,oh and the best one yet "looking Presidential"!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
It is very sad, I feel the same way. I am praying for Ron paul, but it seems Americans are swayed by the media and BS ,oh and the best one yet "looking Presidential"!
he is an intriguing candidate. any chance he wins the republican nomination? not only is he the only republican i would vote for, he may be the only candidate all together, but i dismissed him as a possibility a while ago.

wow, i didn't realize he grew up in green tree, pa. that is about 3 minutes from where i am currently living. might be the lone positive thing i have found in the pittsburgh area

Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM

13,758 posts, read 23,284,376 times
Take the Ron Paul stuff to 2008 election forum.

Way off topic.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or