U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 AM

273 posts, read 178,299 times

Advertisements

Well folks, you may remember the story of my mexican neighbors who don't speak english and my fight with the police to keep their 14 year old son from driving around without a license, insurance, registration and false plates.....all with his parents conscent and encouragement. I thought it was over when the police picked up the boy and fined the family $500. For a month, the car sat idle, backed into the driveway (presumably to hide the fact it didn't have plates).

Now guess what!?....That's right, he's back on the road driving his papa around and trying to not get caught. I exhausted my calls to 911 and the police treat it like an isolated 14 year old just having a little joy ride. It's all good, until he runs over a child or kills someone...then we'll hear the "I'm sorry...I didn't know...we do it in mexico.." story. The parents are the ones who should be punished and deported for teaching their son how US laws do not have to be respected...just like in mexico.

What's my next step?

Last edited by pablo-me; 10-12-2007 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 AM

436 posts, read 575,401 times
Call the Sheriff's office

Old 10-12-2007, 11:33 AM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Video tape it and give the tape to the a local news station!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Well folks, you may remember the story of my mexican neighbors who don't speak english and my fight with the police to keep their 14 year old son from driving around without a license, insurance, registration and false plates.....all with his parents conscent and encouragement. I thought it was over when the police picked up the boy and fined the family $500. For a month, the car sat idle, backed into the driveway (presumably to hide the fact it didn't have plates).

Now guess what!?....That's right, he's back on the road driving his papa around and trying to not get caught. I exhausted my calls to 911 and the police treat it like an isolated 14 year old just having a little joy ride. It's all good, until he runs over a child or kills someone...then we'll here the "I didn't know..." story. The parents are the ones who should be punished and deported for teaching their son how US laws do not have to be respected...just like in mexico.

What's my next step?
Do you personally know a cop in your area? Someone that you know well enough that you are on a first name basis with him? If you do then pull him into the situation.

Short of that, go to your next city council meeting, (or e-mail your own city council member and see if that works), and make a complaint there. Be sure to mention that it's a situation that could develop into something that could end up hurting someone.

If you really want to push it call up the prosecutors office and complain. Call them five or ten times and I guarantee it will get someone's attention.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
I was shocked that they took action the first time - I don't think they would do anything to them here...they are over in Irving claiming racial profiling if they are even stopped by a policeman for anything. More demonstrations this weekend.

Gee why do some people feel they are above the law?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default yes yes yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is what will do it get it to the news (even in another state ,aybe one that is fighting ilelgals, at least put it on you tube with the whole story. It needs to be exposed that there is a KNOWN 14 yr old driving and the police cant seem to stop it?

This is important since the media controls most people minds

Last edited by ducter; 10-12-2007 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 10-12-2007, 12:36 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,282,457 times
The sad thing is what will it take until the law does something? Does the kid or his dad have to run over a child or hurt themselves?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
I agree with Milborn

Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM

348 posts, read 914,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I agree with Milborn

I agree too...that should get you some action. Everytime I read anything on illegals, it's always working for them...we have no resources to do anything about them..wth?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
This is what will do it get it to the news (even in another state ,aybe one that is fighting ilelgals, at least put it on you tube with the whole story. It needs to be exposed that there is a KNOWN 14 yr old driving and the police cant seem to stop it?

This is important since the media controls most people minds
AAAHHHHH UTube Great Idea! It could be picked up by anyone and highlighted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or