Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM

66 posts, read 75,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I actually appreciate your point of view in that you are coming and discussing it with a forum that you know will be hostile to you. That takes guts.

HOWEVER

The fact stands that you are here illegally, you are breaking the law, and the right thing to do is to go home. I didn't know where you were from but assumed, as I'm sure many here did, that you were probably from Central America. Since you're actually from Germany, I feel absolutely no guilt in telling you that you should go home. Germany is nicer than the US. I know. I used to live there.

I will be going home, I just need to make some money to afford 2 tickets. I live day by day, I don't make much, and as I said my parents are getting deported very soon. They're not working so is only me, Rent is expensive, and I'm trying to pay my debts before leaving, I also have a little brother and I'm taking care of him. All this is overwhelming, I came here for an advice and I'm leaving desperate and heart broken.

I honestly wish I had never come, All of this had never happened.

I had enough , If that's what everyone wanted I'm crying and I can't hold it. I'm only 22, and I'm immature, and now I have a huge responsibility my brother is like my son and he's my priority right now.

I appreciate you're comments, I understand everyone hates me, and wants me out. I will leave.

May God Bless You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby2012renter View Post
I will be going home, I just need to make some money to afford 2 tickets. I live day by day, I don't make much, and as I said my parents are getting deported very soon. They're not working so is only me, Rent is expensive, and I'm trying to pay my debts before leaving, I also have a little brother and I'm taking care of him. All this is overwhelming, I came here for an advice and I'm leaving desperate and heart broken.

I had enough , If that's what everyone wanted I'm crying and I can't hold it. I'm only 22, and I'm immature, and now I have a huge responsibility my brother is like my son and he's my priority right now.

I appreciate you're comments, I understand everyone hates me, and wants me out. I will leave.

May God Bless You.
I don't hate you. I don't even know you.

I'm wondering though about the tourist visas...Germany is part of the VWP. Why did you enter on a tourist visa? German citizens do not require a tourist visa to visit the US.

I appreciate that your parents put you in a crappy situation, but you're an adult now and you are responsible for your situation. Germany is a great place! Also, German citizens are eligible for the diversity lottery...so you may be able to come back legally someday.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:

May God Bless You.
Another victim to our broken system. Supporters of the status quo like to speak in general terms. They talk about concepts. They generalize, saying all illegals are here for free stuff. They talk about shielding American citizens from terrible consequences. But they seldom talk about the people that are getting trampled by the status quo. Real people are being hurt by an outdated inflexible system.

Good luck to you and I'm sorry your stay here has been such an unpleasant one.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Another victim to our broken system. Supporters of the status quo like to speak in general terms. They talk about concepts. They generalize, saying all illegals are here for free stuff. They talk about shielding American citizens from terrible consequences. But they seldom talk about the people that are getting trampled by the status quo. Real people are being hurt by an outdated inflexible system.

I would say the ones who getting trampled are the ones who obey our immigration laws and follow them.
Any illegal who benefits from Obama's back door amnesty is trampling upon all those who have applied to sponsor their children or a loved one and have to wait for their application to be approved.
Illegals are not victims of our system. The system is a victim of the illegals and their supporters. The system being we the people....

Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

And Americans who are also real people don't feel our system is outdated or inflexible but being trampled on by illegal immigrants who think they should dictate our immigration quotas and policies. It's our country not theirs and we don't owe foreigners especially those here illegally changing what is best for ourselves and then claiming that we are trampling on them if we don't put their needs first.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
We came with a tourist visa, so we came legal and we paid an extra fee to extend our visa for 6 more months, then we stayed illegal but my dad was declaring taxes, he was working "cash" self employed doing landscaping and my brother and I were his dependents.

We had to sell everything to come, and we couldn't go back. (no money?)

I don't want to pretend that I'm right because I know I'm not.
Let's not play games. Your parents came here on a tourist visa never intending to return home. It was a scam, plain and simple. Otherwise, they wouldn't have sold everything prior to leaving. Furthermore, you don't "visit" a foreign country with your entire family unless you can afford round-trip tickets. Your parents knew prior to leaving they would violate our laws, just like millions of other illegals who deliberately overstay visas. In fact, their tactic was no better than those who crossed the border illegally. They had the same motive, just a different mode of entry.

Quote:
I'm 22 and I have no babies, so I'm not abusing of the government and I'm not planing to do so. I'm not a criminal, I'm not racist, I look American and I feel discriminated!
You feel discriminated against? How so? You are here illegally, yet you have received a tax-funded public school education, which obviously included ESL classes. And, believe me, whatever taxes you and your parents paid was just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the total cost.

Quote:
Under the eyes of God we are all the same, does it really matter where you from? and if you're legal or not?

A lot of people is mad at me, because I want to live here that's my desire that doesn't mean that's what it is or will be.
Yes, we are all the same in God's eyes. But, you do not have a God-given right to violate the laws of this country. Nor do you have a God-given right to continue to live here. And, yes, it DOES matter if you are here legally or illegally. Even God makes a distinction between right and wrong.

Quote:
Both of my parents are facing deportation, if that makes you all happy???? Yeah! 2 less to worry about!
Your parents chose not to respect our sovereignty or laws, and must therefore suffer the consequences. They aren't being exiled to Siberia. They're simply being returned to their home, and at taxpayers' expense.

Quote:
You all might hate me and all the other latinos, because we are in your country and it's true we don't belong here. But I'm different than others, I have never caused any problems, I have never hurt anyone, I have never ask for anything, I have worked to be able to pay rent and eat, is pretty funny how latinos refer to this country as " the american dream" I have lived here long enough, and well my dream was to graduate which I did. But live isn't easy, Rent is pretty high, specially if you don't make enough money.
I don't know you, so why would I hate you? And, my opposition to your presence in this country is totally unrelated to your nationality or ethnicity. I oppose illegal immigration, period. Return home, apply and enter through legal channels, comply with our laws, and you will be welcomed by most.

BTW, how are you both a German and a Latina?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let's not play games. Your parents came here on a tourist visa never intending to return home. It was a scam, plain and simple. Otherwise, they wouldn't have sold everything prior to leaving. Furthermore, you don't "visit" a foreign country with your entire family unless you can afford round-trip tickets. Your parents knew prior to leaving they would violate our laws, just like millions of other illegals who deliberately overstay visas. In fact, their tactic was no better than those who crossed the border illegally. They had the same motive, just a different mode of entry.

You feel discriminated against? How so? You are here illegally, yet you have received a tax-funded public school education, which obviously included ESL classes. And, believe me, whatever taxes you and your parents paid was just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the total cost.

Yes, we are all the same in God's eyes. But, you do not have a God-given right to violate the laws of this country. Nor do you have a God-given right to continue to live here. And, yes, it DOES matter if you are here legally or illegally. Even God makes a distinction between right and wrong.

Your parents chose not to respect our sovereignty or laws, and must therefore suffer the consequences. They aren't being exiled to Siberia. They're simply being returned to their home, and at taxpayers' expense.

I don't know you, so why would I hate you? And, my opposition to your presence in this country is totally unrelated to your nationality or ethnicity. I oppose illegal immigration, period. Return home, apply and enter through legal channels, comply with our laws, and you will be welcomed by most.

Nice catch there, Benicar.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:

I came with a tourist visa, my dad came with a work visa.

I'm tired of explaining everything all over again. If you want to know more about me, read all my posts from the beginning and you will understand.

Yes I have 2 citizenship, is there a problem? If you didn't know that is possible to have 2 citizenship google it.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nice catch there, Benicar.
I'm not lying so there is no catch, if you didn't know it is possible to have to citizenship. As I responded to the other post, if you don't know about it google it.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:

So according to you: you pay thousand on taxes? We all pay pretty much the same, is a percentage of your paycheck (the more you make the more you pay simple as that. )

While I worked as a waitress I was getting paychecks, and a percentage of my paycheck was deducted to pay for federal tax, social security and medicare / medicaid.

Now I'm self employed and I still pay taxes, just like you do. I have a social remember? So when I declare taxes I do it the same way as you do. Every year I receive a W2 form from the places that I have worked for during that year..

you didn't know that some countries allows you to have multiple citizenship????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration