Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby2012renter View Post
I think all immigrant should pay their taxes for all the years they have been here making money, and yes we should pay a fine according to each individual case and situation. People that has been convicted should NOT be able to legalize NEVER! I'm assuming we don't want criminals in this country. I'm Hispanic, but I love this country unfortunately I parent brought me here and I was 15 and I stayed illegal but I have been paying taxes, and I have not been convicted, and I have not abuse of the government, I have worked and pay for all my food and expenses, and I believe, we should have the opportunity to legalize, I want to live here, I love this country, my brother is an Honor roll student Straight A every single year since he started elementary school , he's now on high school. We need good people in this country !
I agree we need good people like you and your brother. Saying you love this country really moved me. Best of luck getting your US citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 12:09 PM

66 posts, read 75,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I agree we need good people like you and your brother. Saying you love this country really moved me. Best of luck getting your US citizenship.
thank you

Our parents brought us here as a "family" then they got divorced and has been a traumatic experience since then. If I could tell you the story of my life, you will probably be , is really bad. We applied for the Obama's law deferred Act, has been over a month, and we haven't get any response. Hopefully they will approve us. I was only able to graduate from high school, I wasn't able to go to college because of our economy but I wish my brother will be able to attend and become someone.

Someone beloved told me once "you're a good for nothing" I don't know if that's the correct translation and my dad told me " I regret that you're my daughter" those words marked me , and it was hard to forgive but I guess I did, life goes on, and well they're my parents so I have to love them and support them no matter what.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
I think all immigrant should pay their taxes for all the years they have been here making money, and yes we should pay a fine according to each individual case and situation. People that has been convicted should NOT be able to legalize NEVER! I'm assuming we don't want criminals in this country. I'm Hispanic, but I love this country unfortunately I parent brought me here and I was 15 and I stayed illegal but I have been paying taxes, and I have not been convicted, and I have not abuse of the government, I have worked and pay for all my food and expenses, and I believe, we should have the opportunity to legalize, I want to live here, I love this country, my brother is an Honor roll student Straight A every single year since he started elementary school , he's now on high school. We need good people in this country !
Not desiring amnesty for kids brought here illegally is not punishing them. It is not rewarding their parents for having broken our immigration laws. You do know that when American parents break the law their kids aren't taken into consideration, don't you? They pay the consequences regardless.

How have you been working and paying taxes unless you were being paid under the table or using a fake or stolen ID to work? Are you aware that is a felony? If you were brought here when you were 15 you should have knowledge of your homeland's culture and language. The right thing to do would be for you and your family here illegally to return to your homeland and apply to come here legally.

Allowing illegal immigrants to remain here just because their parents brought them here or any other illegal immigrants puts them in direct competiton for American jobs and we have 23 million Americans out of work right now. Also it sends a message that we don't respect our own immigration laws as a country. We have 1 million legal immigants that come here the right way every year why should those who haven't get a pass and be allowed to remain here?

Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM

157 posts, read 137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah I'm sick of it, too. They cut music and art lessons at my local school and then send home documents translated into Spanish.

So my tax dollars aren't good enough to fund extras for MY kids but they're perfectly acceptable to fund translation services for lazy hispanic illegals who can't be bothered to learn English. Spanish, btw, is the ONLY other language they bother to translate documents into.

Yeah. We're going to get every single low skilled hispanic here. Carlos Slim must be laughing himself silly right now. The Mexicans don't dare demand anything from him but they're perfectly content to make demands on Joe America. Hypocrites.
This is one really aggravating factor. Mexico's oligarchy and well-off are laughing all the way to the bank at us stupid Americans.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Sorry, but if you came here illegally at 15 you were old enough to know what you were doing was wrong. Also, wanting to live in this country does not translate into having the right to live here illegally, as you do. I'd love to live in Canada but I'm not going to sneak across the border and live there illegally just because I want to.

You may think we owe you a path to citizenship, but we don't. We don't owe you anything.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, we'll have 10 times that number if another amnesty passes. The floodgates will open wider than ever, because there will be no doubt that our country has no intentions of EVER enforcing our immigration laws. In fact, "immigration enforcement" will be deemed draconian tactics of the bigots, xenophobes, and nativists just like now.
I cannot imagine how much more worse things will be, makes me sick to think. It is a sickening hearwrenching thought, that the floodgates, will be inviting these people here, no consequences of their lawless actions.

Very clear that Obama has no intentions of enforcing immigration laws, but some say, to me OBAMA got what he wanted, and now no longer needs these people, i am not convinced.

I don't think this will be helping our children and grandchildrens's future.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
The so-called "final" amnesty was granted in 1986 to over 3 million illegal aliens. This only served as an incentive for untold millions to ignore our laws, including your parents. We don't need to repeat that mistake. I'm glad you appreciate our generosity, which is rare. And while it's unfortunate your parents chose to bring you here illegally, you have already been given an opportunity for a free education, despite your illegal status. Sorry, but we owe you nothing.

Many who live outside the law have never been "convicted" of a crime. How have you been working without falsifying info on your employment application, and paying taxes without using a stolen or fake SSN, which, by the way, are criminal offenses?

Yes, we do need good people. But, "good" people don't rely on fraud to survive. And, "good" people consider how their behavior impacts the lives of others.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd like to know how legalizing illegal immigrants in our country equates to an overhaul of our immigration laws. Does he not know the difference between an "overhaul and amnesty"? Will this "overhaul" happen every 10-20 years depending on how many more illegal immigrants have entered our country since the last "overhaul"?
The last overhaul was 3 million and that was way over government projections.
I suspect we'd get at least 20 million if not more today.
I just don't believe that we've held steady at 12 million illegals for over a decade now.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The last overhaul was 3 million and that was way over government projections.
I suspect we'd get at least 20 million if not more today.
I just don't believe that we've held steady at 12 million illegals for over a decade now.
I believe there are 12 million illegals as much as I do in the Tooth Fairy.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM

66 posts, read 75,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The so-called "final" amnesty was granted in 1986 to over 3 million illegal aliens. This only served as an incentive for untold millions to ignore our laws, including your parents. We don't need to repeat that mistake. I'm glad you appreciate our generosity, which is rare. And while it's unfortunate your parents chose to bring you here illegally, you have already been given an opportunity for a free education, despite your illegal status. Sorry, but we owe you nothing.

Many who live outside the law have never been "convicted" of a crime. How have you been working without falsifying info on your employment application, and paying taxes without using a stolen or fake SSN, which, by the way, are criminal offenses?

Yes, we do need good people. But, "good" people don't rely on fraud to survive. And, "good" people consider how their behavior impacts the lives of others.
We came with a tourist visa, so we came legal and we paid an extra fee to extend our visa for 6 more months, then we stayed illegal but my dad was declaring taxes, he was working "cash" self employed doing landscaping and my brother and I were his dependents.

We applied for our residence 3 - 4 years ago, and The US issued us SSN card, DL and working permits. 7 months ago out case was denied, so I'm illegal again and both of my parents are facing deportation, my brother and I are covered by the Deferred ACT Law, so we can live here for another 4 years and then we will have to live.

We never used fake names, or ids, and we have always pay taxes, with a itin number and now with the SSN. Our case was denied, So I have been illegal for 7 months, and thanks to Obamas law, deffered action / dream act, my brother and I will be legal again pretty soon.

Yes I went to school but wasn't free, since we (my family of 4) has been paying taxes since 2004.

And to those who say I was old enough to decide, well in my country at 15 years old you still depend and respect what your parents say, what was my choice live by myself? My brother was 6! we knew what they were doing as well?? In latin countries mentality is different, at 15 you don't know nothing, When I came here I was shocked to see how different teenagers are. (no offense) At my age I never had a boyfriend, I never had a kissed, I was my parents baby, and when I came here I had to grow up, and it was hard, I was and might still be a little immature.

My dad was a manager and a supermarket just like publix and the reason why we came here is because he got an offer to work here (same owner had another supermarket here under his sons name) Well after about 3 months of being here legally, we found out that the company that he was going to work for went to bankruptcy, so they decided to stay here, since we had nothing back in our country. We had to sell everything to come, and we couldn't go back. (no money?)

I don't want to pretend that I'm right because I know I'm not.

but even though I have been legal and illegal, I have always try to respect the rules, and I have never committed felony.

I don't use drugs , I don't drink , I don't smoke. When I was legal I never ask for a single penny from the government, I have worked and pay for my own stuffs.

I'm 22 and I have no babies, so I'm not abusing of the government and I'm not planing to do so. I'm not a criminal, I'm not racist, I look American and I feel discriminated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Sorry, but if you came here illegally at 15 you were old enough to know what you were doing was wrong. Also, wanting to live in this country does not translate into having the right to live here illegally, as you do. I'd love to live in Canada but I'm not going to sneak across the border and live there illegally just because I want to.

You may think we owe you a path to citizenship, but we don't. We don't owe you anything.
I came with a visa, so I came legal and we paid an extra fee to extend out visa, then we stayed illegal but my dad was declaring taxes, he was working "cash" self employed doing landscaping and my brother and I were his dependents.

We applied for our residence 3 - 4 years ago, and The US issued us SSN card, DL and working permits.

We never used fake names, or ids, and we have always pay taxes, with a itin number and now with the SSN. Our case was denied, So I have been illegal for 7 months, and thanks to Obamas law, deffered action / dream act, my brother and I will be legal again pretty soon.

Yes I went to school but wasn't free, since we (my family of 4) has been paying taxes since 2004.

And to those who say I was old enough to decide, well in my country at 15 years old you still depend and respect what your parents say. My dad was a manager and a supermarket just like publix and the reason why we came here is because he got an offer to work here (same owner had another supermarket here under his son) Well after about 3 months of being here legally, we found out that the company that he was going to work for went to bankruptcy, so they decided to stay here, since we had nothing back in our country. We had to sell everything to come, and we couldn't go back. (no money?)

I don't want to pretend that I'm right because I know I'm not, but even though I has been legal and illegal, I have always try to respect the rules, and I have never committed felony. I don't use drugs , I don't drink , I don't smoke. When I was legal I never ask for a single penny from the government, I have worked and pay for my own stuffs.

I'm not demanding anything, you talk to me like if I demand to be legal, like if I demand to live here, or like I demand to get benefits from the government like legals do. I'm not trying to get anything, I just want my brother to finish high school here, like I did. Mean while we are not studding for FREE since WE ARE Paying TAXES LIKE YOU DO!

Under the eyes of God we are all the same, does it really matter where you from? and if you're legal or not?

A lot of people is mad at me, because I want to live here that's my desire that doesn't mean that's what it is or will be.

I'm not God, I'm not USCIS, I'm not a lawyer, they make the decisions, I just live with it.

I'm been honest when I say Thanks, I know we made a mistake staying illegal, but thanks to that we are what we are, I grew up here, I learned a new language, I became a great person.

Both of my parents are facing deportation, if that makes you all happy???? Yeah! 2 less to worry about!

My brother and I are saved thanks to the Obama's law. For at least 4 more years. my brother is now 15 he doesn't work, he only attends school. I'm the only one working, and if you think I'm rich I'm not last month I had to pay my rent late, because I didn't have enough money to eat. I only have a part time job and I make $1,300 - $1,500 (depends )a month. My rent is $999.00 without Electricity, I have to pay my car, insurance, gas, and Food. Sometimes what I make is not even enough to survive. Since I came here we have always work and expend ALL our money here, we have never send a penny to our country. And I'm ok with it you know why? because even if I'm not legal right now, I was one day and I might be again, and I respect this Country, I don't abuse of it.

Yes my rent is that high! that includes $949.00 Rent + water, trash and sewer. How I afford everything only God knows, but sometimes I have to make decisions we either eat or pay on time.

You all might hate me and all the other latinos, because we are in your country and it's true we don't belong here. But I'm different than others, I have never caused any problems, I have never hurt anyone, I have never ask for anything, I have worked to be able to pay rent and eat, is pretty funny how latinos refer to this country as " the american dream" I have lived here long enough, and well my dream was to graduate which I did. But live isn't easy, Rent is pretty high, specially if you don't make enough money.

Here is the true I'm latina yes! But I don't justify people crossing the border that's wrong cause they might be killers and we don't know, I also don't justify and I don't agree with Hispanics coming to this country to have 3 - 4 or even 5 kids, and abuse of the government. (I hate that) I don't agree with hispanics working more than 40 hours a week, and sending all their money to their countries that's wrong. If they work and live here they should expend the money here. But at the same time they send they're money because they're not secure here, so why would they invest in a house or a nice car, or a business if they might get deported. That might be the reason but I still think is wrong, they shouldn't to that.

Last edited by Yac; 11-20-2012 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration